- Text Size +
9 : Are you leaving?

I wake up to find myself wrapped all in Nick’s arms. I gently unwrapped myself, because I didn't want to wake him up. I touch his forehead lightly he was still a little warm. I went and sat at the edge of his bed, look at the time on my cell phone it was 6 pm I had missed school and I had five missed calls one from Kevin, Howie, Leighanne , Kristen and Vanessa ( Me and Vanessa were really good friends now). I decided I was going to call back Vanessa first but Nick’s cell phone start ringing. I stand up and answer his phone before Nick could wake up. “Hello?” I answered. I heard a female voice. “Who is this?” she asked with a attitude. “Uhh? You are calling this phone. So I should ask.. Who is this?” I answered back.
“This is Nick’s girlfriend. Now you tell me who you are!”
I laughed a bit “Nick doesn’t have a girlfriend.” I said.
“For you information, me and Nick just started dating last night.”
“What?” I asked confused “Wait a minute.. Is this Paris ?”
“Yes it is. Now that you know who I am.. Who is this? And Where is my man?”
“Nick is asleep.”
“Asleep?? What were you doing that got him asleep?” She asked nervously.
I start smiling. I loved the fact that a lot of things were going thru her mind right now.
“Nick is sleep because he is sick and I was taking care of him.” I explained.
“If Nick was sick and he needed someone to take care of him, he would have called me .. And not you!”
I was getting really annoyed by this girl now “Well apparently he didn’t!!”
“Well, can you wake him up?” she asked.
“No…. bye” I was just about to hang up the phone when I hear her say “What? Wait! Why?“
“Well because he is sick and he needs his rest.” Just when I say that I look at Nick and see he’s looking at me.
“Who’s that?” he asked with a sleepy voice.
I covered the mouth piece and whispered “Paris.”
He reached for the phone but I pulled back.
“Why is she saying that you’re together now?” I asked still covering the mouth piece.
“Because we are.” he answered and he grabs the phone.
I watch Nick’s face brighten up as he begins to talk to Paris. I stand their for a few minutes just looking.
“Hey sweety …yeah I missed you too……. Yeah you can come over…… No that’s cool Destiny was just leaving….” When Nick said that he really hurt my feelings. I missed a whole day of school just to take care of him and now he was basically telling me to go home. I sat on the edge of his bed and start putting my boots on. I stood up ready to leave when I felt Nicks hand on my arm stopping me. I turn to look at him and hoped he didn’t noticed my watery eyes. “One second, sweety.” He tells Paris on the phone. He takes the phone away from his face as he talks to me “Are you leaving?”
“Yup… Is Paris on her way?”
“Yeah..” he said rubbing his head. He stands up in front of me. “Come here.” he says. He gives me a kiss on the cheek and then he smiles. I couldn't help but smile back.
“I’ll call you later ok, baby?”
I nodded and turned to leave his house. I walk down his stairs out the front door and I start up my car. My favorite song start to play again ‘No One Else Comes Close To You’. As I start driving the only thing that was on my mind was..Nick..