- Text Size +
CHAPTER 15
I closed the book and looked out the window.
“It’s all so real.”
“It’s history, Megan,” I said, smiling at her.
“I know. But, all this is proof. It’s just amazing.”
“I know we were meant to be friends,” Shannon said, laughing as we walked out of the house.
“Let’s get something to eat.” I nodded my head, agreeing with Jennifer.

“It’s a historical place, Kevin.” Howie rolled his eyes and AJ laughed.
“What’s with him and all these history places?” AJ asked, whispering it to Howie.
“How should I know?”
“Don’t you guys think this stuff is cool? I mean, these places once existed.”
“They still do, Nick.”
“I know, Kevin. But, these cities thrived back in the old west. And Tombstone is still the same, maybe just a tad bit more modern.” Once again, Howie rolled his eyes. They walked down one road, taking in the surrounding buildings.
“Damn, Tombstone was small,” Brian said, chuckling to himself. Howie stopped walking, watching as a group of girls came out of the nearest bar.

I laughed as Megan said something and turned to look down the street. I looked around, feeling a pair of eyes on me. My eyes locked with his, throwing me back into a time period that I knew little about. My heart quickened and I felt someone touching my arm, but my gaze would never leave his. He smiled and I felt my lips turn up.
“Theresa?” Someone waved their hand in front of my face and I turned my gaze on them.
“What Terri?”
“Do you know that guy?” I looked back at him and nodded my head.
“Know that book I was reading? Written by those guys?” The girls turned and looked, not believing what I was telling them. “Trust me.” The shook their heads and started pulling my arm but Howie walked over and grabbed my arm.
“Rachel?” The girls dropped my arm and started at Howie.
“In a sense. Theresa now. But, yeah, I once was Rachel.” He smiled and grabbed my hand, placing a kiss there.
“Theresa is just as nice.”
“Come on, Howie,” Nick called out.
“Stop by the place. It’s mine once again.” He nodded his head and ran to catch up with the rest of the guys.

I opened the door and smiled at the guys as they walked in.
“Kevin, pleasure. Nick, AJ, Brian, welcome. My friends, Terri, Megan, Shannon, and Jennifer.” They smiled and walked into the saloon, talking a long the way. “Hello, Howie.”
“Hello.” He walked in and smiled. “You haven’t changed it.”
“Just got it. But, no, I’m gonna keep it the same.” He nodded his head and turned and faced me.
“Is it odd that we know each other?”
“For them,” I said, nodding my head in the direction of the saloon, “but not for me, for us.”
“So, than it won’t sound odd for me to be saying that I love you.” He wrapped his arms around my waist.
“Oh God no. In fact, I think I’ve been waiting years for that. I love you too.” He softly pressed his lips against mine and smiled.
“And how did you know it was me on that road?” I smiled to myself and kissed him once again.
“There’s always a road for love.”
“Really?” I simply nodded my head and felt him press a kiss to my forehead. “And what is it called?”
“Journey of the heart.”