- Text Size +
Claire walked into the house and threw her keys on the table and tried to go up to her room without AJ saying anything. She had no luck though, she might have known that he would have been waiting on her.

“I thought you were going out for orange juice?” he asked when he seen that she had returned without it.

“Don’t start. I’m really not in the mood to argue with you” she said and went upstairs. AJ followed her upstairs and into her room.

“What’s the matter?” AJ asked sitting on her bed.

“Don’t act like you’re concerned now after the way you embarrassed me last night,” she angrily.

“What do you mean?” AJ asked oblivious to what she was talking about.

“Don’t act all innocent. The way you spoke to me in front of Brian. It was embarrassing! You made it look like I was a little girl,” Claire said.

“What are you so bothered about? It’s not like you and him are going out together. You and him only kissed. The way you are acting you would think you and him were married and getting divorced. He’s got a child for God’s sake,” AJ shouted.

Claire couldn’t understand why AJ was acting the way he was. She couldn’t understand what his problem with Brian was all of a sudden. They had been best friend for years and the fact that he had a child had never been a problem before.

“I like him a lot and you’re ruining things,” Claire answered.

“It’s just a crush you have on him,” AJ said.

“Don’t tell me how I feel,” Claire said, “just get out and leave me alone.”

“Fine but you know that Brian will just use you. He’ll get what he wants from you and then leave you. That’s why you won’t go out with him,” AJ said closing Claire’s bedroom door behind him.

Claire didn’t know what to do. It was driving her mad in the house and she was about to go out and do some shopping to take her mind of things when she got a text message on her phone.

‘Hey Claire, sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean it the way it sounded. Can you come round to mine to talk? Brian x’

Right then Claire wanted to dance around the room. She had been worried that things between her and Brian had been messed up, but she was so glad that he wanted to talk. She went and got ready and then rushed round to Brian’s house. She knocked on the door and nervously waited on Brian answering the door. A couple of seconds later he opened the door.

“Hey Claire, I’m really glad you came round,” he smiled. “Come on in.”

“Thank you,” she said as she stepped into the house and went into the living room.

“I didn’t mean what I said earlier. Well I did but it came out wrong,” Brian started as he sat down beside Claire who had sat down on the couch.

“I did want to talk to you about what happened but well cause of Elly, I couldn’t come back to yours.”

“I thought that you didn’t want to talk about what had happened. I thought that you just wanted to forget what happened,” she said.

“No,” he said. “I do really like you but it’s a lot harder for me to have a relationship with me having Elly. I mean it’s kinda like you would be going out with us both.”

“I understand all that but I really do like you. I have done for a long time,” Claire said.

“Will you not get hassle from AJ?” he asked.

“Probably but I don’t care what he says. It’s up to me what I do with my life,” she stated.

“That’s the answer I was hoping for,” Brian laughed.

Claire had spent the afternoon over at Brian’s and had loved every minute of it. She always loved hanging out with him because he always made her smile. When it came to her time to leave she really didn’t really want to go home.

“I wish you could stay,” Brian said wrapping his arms around her waist.

“I know I wish I could as well,” Claire said putting her arms around his neck.

“How are you getting home?” Brian asked.

“Oh I’m walking it,” Claire said getting up from the couch.

“I thought you drove here,” Brian said as he got up also.

“No,” Claire said and kissed Brian.

“Hang on a second then,” Brian said and walked away. He came back a few minutes later with Elly who had her coat on.

“Where are you two going?” Claire asked.

“We’re going to walk you home,” Brian smiled as he put his coat on.

“Aww aren’t you sweet?” Claire teased.

“Course I am,” he laughed. He took Elly’s hand and with his free hand took Claire’s hand. Claire was so happy as she walked home with Brian and Elly. When she got home she kissed Brian goodbye and went into the house to be greeted by AJ. All of a sudden her good mood changed.

“Where have you been all day?” he asked.

“If you must know I’ve been at Brian’s,” Claire said getting herself a glass of water.

“Why?”

“Because that’s what couples do,” Claire said.