- Text Size +
“What did you say?” AJ asked, rage clear in his voice.

“I said that’s what couples do,” Claire said.

“Since when were you and Brian a couple?” AJ screamed.

“Since this afternoon,” Claire said.

“You’re so stupid. You and him won’t last a week. He’s just messing with you. He’s lonely and just wants company and you’re so dumb that you are falling for the crap he’s telling you,” AJ ranted as he walked around the living room.

“How can you say that about Brian? I thought he was your best friend,” Claire said.

“Yeah that’s what I thought as well but I’m beginning to doubt that as well since he’s sleeping with my cousin!” AJ shouted.

“Think what you like AJ. I know the truth. I’m a big girl and I can look after myself. It’s my life and I know that Brian isn’t just using me for company,” Claire shouted and walked to the front door.

“Where the hell are you going?” AJ screamed.

“Anywhere that you’re not!”

Claire slammed the front door shut and just started walking. She had no idea where she was walking to but she was really angry with everything that AJ had said. She couldn’t understand why he was behaving the way that he was. It was her life and he was trying to live it for her.

AJ had tried ringing her five times and she had got about ten text messages from him as well. She was about to turn her phone off when it began to ring again. This time the caller ID didn’t say AJ, instead it said Brian.

“Hello?” Claire answered.

“Hey, where are you? AJ’s just been round demanding to know where you are,” Brian asked.

“I just needed to get out of the house. He was doing my head in,” Claire explained.

“Let me guess, he was having a go at you about us?” Brian said.

“Yeah,” Claire said softly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want it to turn out like this. I understand if you don’t want to be with me anymore,” Brian said.

“Brian I really like you and want to be with you and AJ’s little rant isn’t going to stop us from being together.

“That’s ok,” Brian breathed a sigh of relief. “So where are you walking to?”

“I don’t know. I really don’t want to go back there just yet,” Claire explained.

“Well are you far from mine? You can come here till you want to go back home,” Brian offered.

“Are you sure? Aren’t you busy?” Claire asked.

“No I’ve just put Elly to bed so I could use some company,” Brian said.

“I’ll be there shortly,” Claire said and hung up. She started towards Brian’s house and already was feeling happier.