- Text Size +
The next morning I woke to the sound of David yelling about socks. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes, squinting because of the bright light shining in through the window.

"David, what is wrong?" I asked, still half asleep

"I can't findmy mother fuckin sock!"

"Calm down!" I giggled, "It's a sock!"

"I know it's a sock. But, this always happens when I leave home!" He threw the sock in his hand down, "Fuck it. We're in Cali, I'm wearing flip flops."

I laughed and shook my head as I walked into the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. After, I was clean and my mouth was minty fresh, I went back into the room to find an outfit for the day. I was still wrapped in a towell, and heard David whistle.

I looked over at him, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"Is that how you're going out? If so, I'm going. You'll have men everywhere!"

"David..I'm going to get dressed as soon as I find a winning outfit. Help me?"

"Sure sweetie." He answered and walked to my suitcase. He picked out a few tops and some shorts for me to put together.

After a few minutes, we had the winner. A jean mini skirt, with a purple halter top, and white flip flops. I straightened my hair so that it was pin straight, then applied some anti frizz cream, just in case. I did my makeup, and spritzed my D&G perfume on my neck and wrists. After, a quick lip gloss check in the mirror, I was ready to go.

Casey and Steven must've sensed that I'd be ready, because they had just walked in, ready to get some breakfast.

"Ready guys?" Steven asked

"Yep." David answered.

Then came Casey's answer. "Yes."

He looked at me, lost in a text from AJ. "Ready Jess?"

I looked up, confused about what was going on. "Do what?"

He smiled, "You ready to go eat?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm sorry. I was just finalizing my plans for tonight."


The four of us went to the nearest IHOP for breakfast. I usually always want to try something new when I'm out of town, but for some reason, IHOP sounded really good.

After we ordered, I felt all eyes upon me. Looking up from my phone, I asked. "What?"

"Who are you talking to?" Casey asked, with a small smile on her face.

"AJ." I answered quietly.

"Oh? So, what are you doing tonight?"

"He's picking me up at the hotel at 4. Then, we're going to get an early dinner, go to a movie, and then somewhere else. But, he said it's a surprise."

"He's already surprising you?"

"Casey. He's just sweet. Ya know. I always knew I'd like him if I ever met him, but I couldn't have even imagined liking him this much...he's so down to earth and sincere. he's the sweetest guy I've ever met."

"Really? Well I'm happy for you." She said, catching a look from me before adding, "Even if it's not a date. I'm glad you're having such a goo time here."

"Thanks. Me too."



After three hours of shopping, we went back to the hotel to rest. It was alread 3:30, so I needed to freshen up for AJ. I decided to keep the same outfit, and just redo my makeup, and spray more perfume, since it had worn off.

I heard a knock at the door, and looked at the clock, 4:01. I smiled to myself and opened the door, seeing AJ standing on the other side, with a rose.

"Hey." I said, grinning when I saw him.

"Hi. This is for you." He handed me the rose. It was pink, and honestly the most perfect flower I'd ever seen. It was flawless, and had the thorns perfectly cut off, leaving no sign that it ever had any.

"Thank you AJ." I kissed his cheek and took the rose inside to put it in some water.

Since I was in a hotel, I had very few options, so I opted for a plastic cup on the sink filled with water, and placed the rose inside. I could buy a small vase for it later.

AJ followed me inside to meet my friends. He had already met David, sort of. And, I wanted him to meet Casey, as she wanted to meet him.

"Casey! Come here! Steven you too!" I yelled so they would hear me in the other room.

When they entered, I introduced them.

"Guys this is AJ. AJ this is Casey..and that's Steven."

"Hi. Nice to meet you both." AJ shook both their hands and offered a sincere smile. Turning to David, he held out his hand, "David, right?"

"Yeah. Hey. How are you?" David asked.

"Doin' good. Thanks."

I was beginning to feel uncomfortable and ready to leave. "So, you ready to go?" I asked AJ.

He looked at me and took my hand, "Yeah, let's go." Before leaving we turned to the others and both said, "Bye guys."


After dinner, AJ took me to a movie, Step Brothers. We both loved Will Ferrell, and laughed hysterically in the audience. After the movie, AJ took me to the beach. To his favorite spot.

"I've never been to the beach."

"Never?" He asked, as if he didn't believe me.

"Never. I was going to make sure I went before I left LA, but this is my first time."

"Well, I'm glad I brought you then." He smiled, proud of himself.

I chuckled softly and began to walk towards the waterm taking my flip flops off so they wouldn't be ruined.

"Hey! Wait for me!" He yelled, running to catch up to me.

"Sorry." I smiled, "You've been here, I haven't. I got excited!"

He took my hand and led me to where we had the perfect spot. Not too close to the water we'd be splashed on. We sat on the sand and just watched the water in silence for a few minutes.

He broke the silence, "So, are you having a good time so far?"

I looked over at him, in his eyes. "Yes. Thank you."

"You're welcome." He smiled, and continued to watch me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing.." He whispered back.

I looked back at the water, but could feel his eyes still on me, I turned my head back towards him. Before my brain could process what was going on, he cupped my face with his hands and kissed me.

The kiss seemed to last forever, but in reality was only a minute or two. It was soft and gentle, with just a hint of force. He parted my lips with his tongue, and softly caressed my tongue with his. When he broke the kiss, my eyes remained closed, never wanting to let the moment go.

When I finally did open my eyes, I saw AJ looking into them. I was speechless, to say the least.

"Jessica?" He whipsered.

"Yes?" I whispered back.

"I've been wanting to do that since last night...Was it too soon?"

I shook my head, "No, it was perfect." I smiled, letting him know I enjoyed it just as much as he did.


Later that night, AJ took me back to the hotel. He walked to my room, as he did the night before, and kissed me goodnight. It wasn't the same type of kiss we'd had on the beach, nor did it contain it's heat, but it was still wonderful.

"I'll call you tomorrow." He said when he broke the kiss.

"Ok. Good night." I smiled.

"Goodnight." He waited until I closed the door to leave.

When I got inside, everyone was already asleep, so I went straight to bed, and fell straight to sleep, with dreams of AJ in my head.