- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, this is mambo no. 5....lol

I tried to describe the situation Brian is in... you'll read - you'll see.
Jackie had asked Lucy to come early since she wanted her best friend to check out her styling. She was really nervous about the date with Lucy's brothers best friend. It had been a while since she had been seeing some guy. In fact, the last guy she dated was her later husband and the father of her two sons. Her sons. Again she was wondering how her oldest son Harold jr. was doing. She often regretted that she had to left him with her former husband although deep inside she knew that she could not have risen both child on her own. It was hard enough to pull Brian through. His disease had caught her off guard, setting her back somewhat further.

Fortunately when she came back from shopping she met Frank and Brian at the front door. They where just finishing to repair the lock. Brian really seemed to like Frank. That was great, because she liked him too.

"You look fantastic" Lucy exclaimed when Jackie entered the living room where she and Brian had just started a game of Parcheesi.

Brian did not say anything. He thought that his mother look really great and happier than he had seen her for quite some time.

"Bri? What do you think as a man?" Jackie smiled at Brian.

Brian took a deep breath. He did not like the fact that her mother was dating "that guy", but she was so happy. She looked younger and her eyes shone brightly.

"I think you look just great Mom. Maybe I should date you!" Brian said beaming at her tying not to show how uncomfortable he was. His left arm was still numb from Frank's nice treatment this afternoon. When he had been to the restroom he had been checking out his shoulder in the mirror and carefully touched the already blueish bruises. It was more painful than he had thought a hard grip on the shoulder could be. He knew he should put some ice on he bruises but then his mother might have noticed. He did not know what to tell her.

Some minutes later Frank had knocked on the door to pick up his date.

When Jackie left she turned in the doorway.

"Be a good boy, Brian. I love you."

"Yes Brian, be a good boy!" Frank had jokingly repeated Jackie as to mock her mother hen behavior. But Brian knew better. He meant it. It was a last reminder not to spill anything to Lucy that evening.

Jackie playfully punched Frank's arm and with a last wave, they were gone.

Lucy and Brian continued their game. For some hours Brian totally forgot what had happened between Frank and him. This arm wasn't hurting since he did not move it much while playing the board game. He had just won third time in a row.

"I want some last revenge!" Lucy cried out after she realized she had lost yet again.

Brian laughed but instantly started to rebuild the game for a new match.

Lucy smiled and reached for the bottle of orange juice they had shared. She poured herself half a glass of the juice before the bottle was empty.

"Oh I guess we just ran out of orange juice..." she exclaimed.

"No problem. There is more in the fridge. I'll get it." Brian said while rushing to get the juice quickly so they could continue their game. Brian did not realize he was pushing himself up putting his body weight on this left arm and shoulder. He could not suppress crying out in pain.

"Are you okay?" Lucy asked although she could tell her best friends son was not okay. She could see that he was in pain and that tears had build up in his eyes.

"Yes I'm fine. Just a little sore from sitting the whole time.

"Brian, you are like what...eight years old? You are not getting sore that easy. What's up with that arm?"

"Shoulder."

"Okay, what's up with it?" Lucy pressed while she got up and moved closer towards Brian.

Brian tried his hardest to come up with some lie that Lucy might buy. He could not tell her waht happened that evening. But maybe he should. What if next time his mother was Frank's victim? What if Lucy would not believe him, tell his Mom that he was jealous or something? But Lucy
would not do that, right?
Chapter End Notes:
WHat's he going to do? And what is Lucy going to do?