- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter, please read and review!
Chapter 10


Amanda was getting near to her due date and Lance organized her a baby shower at their house. All of their friends came with gifts for Amanda and the baby. But with all the gifts there was also a suprise. Amanda had invited her friend Katie to visit all the way from New Jersey, her home state. Nick showed up late to the shower because he had a meeting.

"Sorry I am late.....wow!" Nick said as Katie walked by them. Amanda was suprised to feel a twang of jealousy when she saw Nick staring at her. Katie was the typical blonde bombshell. Long blonde hair, brown eyes and a perfect figure. Amanda had to fight the urge to choke her when Nick asked to be introduced. Amanda was never the jealous type before, but she knew that when Katie realized who Nick was, she was going to be all over him.

"Katie, this is Nick. Nick, this is my friend Katie from New Jersey."

"Hello there." Katie said, batting her eyelashes seductively and grinning as she checked him out, her eyes moving up and down his body. Nick admitted to himself this girl was pretty, but he was still in love with Amanda. The two of them began talking and he became more attracted to her as the night went on.

"They seem to be hitting it off," Brian pointed out as he and Amanda observed them. Amanda didn't seem happy as she watched with narrowed eyes.

"Yeah, great." she responded blankly. Part of her wanted to walk over and say Nick was hers, but the other part reminded her she was married to Lance. Amanda was filled with so many emotions at once, that she couldn't handle them and started crying.

"Come, let's go to the kitchen." Brian said, leading her away.

"So what do you do in New Jersey?" Nick asked, eager to learn more about Katie.

"I am a real estate agent. Selling houses, apartments....that sort of thing." Katie answered. Even though she recognized Nick right away, being he was a singer, she still had to ask.

"Oh, I sing." Nick said, flashing his trademark smile at her and making her giggle.

"Really? That's fascinating. I love musicians." Katie cooed, batting her eyelashes. Nick smiled at her and she laughed again. Amanda returned after having a talk with Brian, and not long after everyone was going home. Nick stayed after to help clean up.

"Thanks for introducing me to Katie, she is great." Nick said.

"I am happy for you," Amanda replied.

"Are you all right?" Nick asked tentatively. Amanda smiled but she wanted to slap the grin off his face for oogling another woman. She chalked it up to pregnancy hormones, but at that moment....she wanted to jump his bones.

"Yes, Nick. Just thinking." she lied.

"I don't want you to think that she is going to stop me caring about you." Nick replied, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Nick, I don't think that."

"Because I will be here for you no matter what, I promise." Nick said, hugging her.

"That sounds good now, but what about when the baby is born?" Amanda asked.

"Look, if I am the father I will help you any way I possibly can...and hopefully so will Lance."

"I am so scared what he will do if he isn't the father, Nick. What will I do?"

"If Lance really loves you, he won't care." Nick said. As much as his words sounded comforting, Amanda couldn't help but think that Lance would be far from accomadating to a baby that was not his.