- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with a new chapter!
Chapter 14


Nick really loved to perform, it was one of the few things he knew he could do well. He knew how to work the crowd and keep their attention during his nightly sets at Amanda's nightclub. He was often asked why he didn't tour. He had a few hit albums, and was well known...but Nick didn't want to be away from Amanda and his friends. He had toured in the beginning of his career, but now was content on playing at the same venue every night. Nick's routine usually consisted of him waking up at 7 in the morning, taking a hot shower....getting dressed, making breakfast for himself and AJ, then cleaning the house most of the morning. When 2 in the afternoon rolled around, Nick was already on his way to the club for band practice. Amanda was always there to make sure it went perfect. Nick liked this about her the most, she was a perfectionist like him. She would often tell him where he should stand or what to do during the song. He always valued her input and used a lot of her ideas. Amanda was not happy when Katie
started to show up at his practices. She acted like one of his fans, drooling over him from across the room. After Nick was done singing, she would be all over him in front of everyone, pawing at him.


"Katie, not here." Nick said as she grabbed his ass one day during practice.

"Of course not here, silly boy. We can continue back at your place." she stated, batting her long eyelashes. Nick rolled his eyes at her and told her to be quiet while he rehearsed. He didn't like her doing this, showing off in front of Amanda simply to make her angry. Nick knew that was her gameplan. He saw Katie act affectionate only when people were watching and had grown weary of her. Then again, a lot about Katie was starting to catch his eye and raise questions. After practice, Nick was about to talk to Amanda but Katie wheeled him towards the door.

"I'll see you later!" Nick called out. Amanda shook her head at them and went to pick up Celine from Brian's house. Lance was working and Brian took her for the afternoon.

"Thanks so much, Bri." Amanda said. Brian noticed she looked down and asked her what was wrong.

"Katie showed up again?" he asked. Amanda scoffed as Celine rested her head on her shoulder.

"Yeah. The third time this week. She is a pain in the ass." she said bitterly.

"Doesn't Nick do anything? He knows she bothers you."

"She is too busy making out with him between songs."

"I don't think she is right for him." Brian said thoughtfully. Amanda agreed with him. She had known Katie since high school. Katie liked musicians and when she found out Amanda was friends with Nick Carter she practically insisted on meeting him.

"Katie is up to something....Nick just doesn't see it. It's not my problem anyway, let him make his own mistake."

"You are jealous!" Brian smirked.

"the hell I am." Amanda snapped a little too quickly.

"I knew it!"

"Get a life, Brian. I am taking my daughter home." Amanda said before leaving and walking across the street. She knew Brian was right. Amanda didn't want Katie with Nick, but there was no chance for her to be with him if she was in the picture. She often wondered what kind of boyfriend Nick would be. That night Nick showed up at his set looking tired and stressed. Amanda saw AJ and asked him what was going on.

"They had a fight right before he came here. Nick told her she couldn't come to practice anymore and to cool it when they were in public, and she wasn't happy." AJ explained.

"That bitch." Amanda said as Katie walked in wearing the shortest dress she had ever seen and thigh high boots.

"I think she forgot the rest of the dress at home," AJ commented, and Amanda laughed.

"Come on, you know you like that." she teased.

"That is what is called looky no touchy. I will look but never will I touch that." AJ replied with a grin. Just then Nick walked over, clearly avoiding Katie.

"Can you kick her out or something?" he asked, running a hand through his hair. He looked around to make sure his girlfriend was nowhere in sight.

"Awww little Nicky can't handle a girl?" AJ teased, hitting him playfully.

"No, I just don't want her here."

"There's my little rockstar! I been looking all over for you!" Katie squealed, running over with her blonde hair bouncing behind her. Nick out on the fakest smile his friends had ever seen and kissed her on the cheek.

"I gotta go set up." he muttered before taking off. Katie watched him leave then stood glaring at Amanda.

"You better stay away from him if you know what's good for you." she snapped coldly. Amanda laughed at her.

"Not a chance."

"Well, I will make sure that you do." Katie threatened before storming away, her heels clicking as she left. Amanda watched her and couldn't help but wonder what she had meant by that.