- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is part two of the Thanksgiving chapter. Enjoy!
Chapter 17

"What do you mean Nick threw you out?" Amanda asked as they sat back down to dinner. Katie wiped her eyes, smearing her eyeliner and mascara. She sniffled as more tears surfaced.

"He told me to get out." she replied in a defeated tone.

"Why?"

"How the hell should I know? Nick is being an asshole. He didn't even give me a chance to say anything, he told me to do him a favor and leave!" she wailed. Amanda and Lance exchanged glances before they started eating again. Katie was so grateful that she helped them clean up the table and dishes. After dessert she went on about how awful Nick was to her, which Amanda knew was a lie, but still felt bad for her. She walked over pt Nick's house and saw his door was indeed locked as Katie had said, which made Amanda feel angrier. After she rang the bell a few times, Nick emerged wearing an apron.

"Happy Thanksgiving!" he said, but as soon as he saw the look on her face, the grin slid away quickly. He came out onto the porch and Amanda stared him down.

"What is wrong with you, throwing her out on Thanksgiving?!" she snapped at him.

"She was cursing me out..."
"I don't want your excuses. That girlfriend of yours is sitting at my house crying and ruining my dinner."

"Look, I didn't throw her out....she left on her own." Nick explained. Amanda yelled at him again, not listening to a word he said.

"Amanda....chill. Katie got pissy because we had an extra guest for dinner and she didn't like it." Nick told her, looking her in the eye.

"She told me you threw her out," Amanda began, but he cut her off.
"That's not what happened. She was having a tantrum so I told her if you don't like it, you can leave. She stormed out and left," Nick replied. Amanda looked at him and could tell he was sincere so she apologized for yelling.

"Okay, well can you come over and get your girlfriend out of my house?" Amanda laughed. Nick opened the door and called to AJ, who was sitting on the couch watching football.

"Jay, I am going over to Amanda's to check on Katie. Start the dishes for me," he said.

"Come on..can't it wait, there is a game on." AJ whined.

"If you don't wash them right away they get all crusty and then its impossible to clean them. Just start soaking them for me and keep an eye on things." Nick said.

"What about the kid?"

"He is taking a nap, just keep an eye on him while I am gone," Nick said before walking down the street with Amanda.

"She didn't give you much trouble did she?"

"No, she actually helped clean up. Nick, why do you put yourself in these situations? Katie is rude and obnoxious, you deserve better." Amanda told him. Nick looked down at his feet and mumbled to himself.

"Impressive. She didn't lift a finger to help me with dinner at all. AJ and I cooked." Nick explained, raising an eyebrow.

"That sucks."

"Its ok, I am used to it. Cooking, cleaning." Nick told her. Once they got to the house they saw Katie sitting with Lance, crying once more. When she saw Nick in the doorway she squealed and ran to him, throwing her arms over his shoulders. She kissed him on the cheek and touched his hair. Amanda saw Nick roll his eyes then put on a fake smile for her.

"Let's go home, honey." he said sweetly.

"Oh, baby, I am so sorry. Let's never fight again!" Katie said when she released her boyfriend. Nick and her left and Amanda closed the door, sighing.

"What a drama queen!" Lance commented and all Amanda could do was laugh.

"She is something else isn't she?" he added, walking back into the kitchen.

"That she is."

"I feel sorry for Nick, he has to go home with her. While you were gone she kept saying Nick was an asshole and how she didn't need him,"

"Katie is up to something, I just wish Nick could see it." Amanda said. She reminded herself that Nick was not someone she needed to worry about, and she had her family...he had his.