- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my Christmas chapter...it was supposed to be posted Christmas Day but I was tired from all the excitement. Hope you all have a happy holiday!
Chapter 25

"NICK WAKE UP, ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!" Nick opened one eye and saw his brother jumping on his bed, still wearing his pajamas. Nick rubbed his eyes and sat up in bed, looking at Amanda laying nearby. She stirred, looking at the boy jumping on the bed and smiling.

"Go down and wait for me, okay?" the older Carter said with a yawn. Aaron ran out of the room and Nick stretched.

"He sure is excited." Amanda said, getting up as well.

"Every kid is excited on Christmas Day. My brother is just naturally excited about anything good...." Nick said as he walked out of the room and went downstairs. Amanda brought the baby down and saw quite a few presents under the tree. The tree was lit up and it reminded Amanda of Christmas back in Jersey, where she grew up. Being 24, it seemed so long ago.

"Merry Christmas, Amanda." Nick said, handing her a small wrapped box.

"Awww, Nick. You didn't have to buy me anything." she said. The box held a pair of diamond earrings....real diamonds. Amanda felt spoiled and couldn't believe that Nick spent that kind of money on her.

"I owe you.....I owe you my life, Amanda. So much has happened to me since we met and you helped me through everything. You helped me be who I am today. Its the least I could do." Nick told her.

"Thanks, you are too sweet." Amanda said as they embraced. Aaron continued opening presents of action figures, video games, various toys. Amanda had bought him a skateboard, with elbow and kneepads and a helmet. Nick raised an eyebrow at this gift.

"Don't worry, Nick. He will be fine if he wears the safety gear."

"Thanks, Amanda! You're awesome!" Aaron shouted when he held up the skateboard. Nick had bought the baby some clothes and there were presents from AJ and Joey too. AJ got Aaron a kid sized drum set and Joey bought him the new Guitar Hero.

"Wow, drums!" Aaron exclaimed as he held up the box.

"I will put them together for you later." Nick said before he went over to the closet. Amanda smiled at how happy the two brothers were, their first Christmas together.

"Aaron, looks like Santa forgot to put this under the tree." Nick said. Aaron squealed as Nick brought out a bike. It was black with flame decals, and a matching helmet.

"You are the best brother ever....." Aaron said, the grin on his face spread from ear to ear. He got on the bike and felt the handlebars.

"No riding it in the house." Nick cautioned. Aaron got off the bike and gave Nick a big hug. Amanda brought out a large box for Nick and handed it to him.

"What's this?" Nick asked curiously.

"Just something I saw you needed." Amanda said. An electric guitar laid in the box. The guitar was blue with glitter in the paint and had a black handle. Nick took it out and looked the gift over, amazed.

"How did you know?" he asked in surprise, holding it so it caught the light.

"I saw this in the store and remembered you saying you needed one." she said.

"Thanks, its beautiful." Nick said. After presents, they all cleaned up and Nick began cooking in the kitchen. Amanda watched him in amazement, she had not known Nick could cook. Aaron helped him peel potatoes and mash them. The two boys kept busy all morning as Amanda played with Celine.

"I don't think I am going to stay for dinner," Amanda said when Nick offered her.

"Okay...you don't have to stay if you don't want." he replied. Just then, the door opened and AJ walked in, kicking off his shoes and looking defeated.

"AJ!!!" Aaron shouted, running to hug him. AJ produced a half smile and hugged him back.

"Need a drink, Jay?"

"Make it a double," AJ said with a sigh.

"What happened?" Amanda asked curiously as Nick brought AJ a drink. He drank most of it in one swallow.

"My family is always fighting. They are all so caught up in their own problems, so I left. They probably don't even notice I am gone." AJ told them.

"Sorry to hear that."

"Ah, don't worry, they are always like that."

"Thanks for helping Aaron with my gift, it was really nice." Nick said.

"No problem, bro."

Amanda headed for the door after talking to AJ and Nick followed. The two stood by the door saying goodbye when Amanda looked up and saw mistletoe hanging above them.

"Nick...."

"Well, well...look at that." Nick said with a devilish grin. Amanda gave him a look and he giggled.

"Its tradition."

"Nick, this is silly."

"Just a quick one." Nick said, and the two of them kissed briefly. Nick missed the touch of her lips on his own.

"Merry Christmas, Amanda."

"Merry Christmas." Amanda replied, smiling as she walked towards her street. Neither of them noticed that a pair of green eyes had seen everything.