- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all enjoy this update!!
Chapter 28

Amanda sat on the floor sobbing for a few minutes after the door slammed shut, her head in her knees. Lance was gone and there was nothing she could do. She heard the car pull out of the driveway and saw the headlights leave. He was gone. Gone. Amanda shifted in her position on the floor, the tears streaming down her face. She could hear Celine crying in the other room but did not have the atength to get up. She cried for what seemed hours. Suddenly the door opened again and Amanda heard footsteps.

"Are you all right?!" Brian's voice said from the doorway. He was wearing his pajamas and a tank top that hugged his muscles. He scooped her up and brought her to the couch, checking her over.

"Brian....." she sobbed, clinging to him and burying her head in his shoulder. Brian held her, stroked her hair and shushed her, calming her down.

"What happened?" he asked even though he had a feeling. Amanda wiped her eyes and sniffed. Brian noticed the baby crying and excused himself before taking care of her and getting her to sleep. He came out and made Amanda some tea then sat down in the living room again.

"He left me, Brian. He left me..." she said, her eyes watering. Brian hugged her and wiped her tears.

"Lance is an idiot for leaving someone like you. He is a fool. You are an amazing woman." he said kindly with a smile.

"Thanks, Bri."

"He didn't hurt you, did he?"

"Physically, no." Amanda replied. She felt awful for lying to Lance about the baby....knew he was going to find out eventually. Lance was intelligent. She was actually suprised he had waited to say anything up until now.

"Brian? Can I ask you something?"

"Anything," he said with a smile.

"Am I a horrible person? I cheated on Lance.....twice." she said, looking down in shame.

"No, sweetheart....you aren't a bad person, you just make bad choices. I know you love Nick....Lance knew. But look at it this way, you and Nick can be together and be a family." Brian pointed out. Amanda smiled at this thought. Nick was Celine's real father and it would be amazing if they could all be together.

"I feel like I am being punished."

"Look, things have a way of working themselves out. Nick told me he was dumping Katie last night so you and him are as good as together once he finds out Lance is gone." Brian explained. He looked at Amanda and they embraced again. Brian ended up staying the night and taking care of her and the baby to make sure they were okay. In the morning he made coffee and they watched television.

"Happy New Year, Amanda. This is a new start for you." Brian said as he brought her a cup. Amanda was feeling better, maybe things were looking up and going in her favor. Her thoughts were interupted by the television nearby.

"....partying in Vegas last night...." the announcer said. Brian ran to the TV and blocked it so AmAnda could not watch.

"Out of the way, Bri!" she shouted, pushing him. Nick was on the television....TMZ had captured photos of him and Katie leaving a chapel the night before. There was footage of Nick completely wasted.

"He wouldn't." Amanda said through gritted teeth.

"He couldn't." Brian chimed in as they watched in disbelief.

"He did. He married that bitch...." he added angrily. Brian was mad because Nick had told him the night before that he was dumping Katie. Amanda fell silent and started crying....now she really was alone in the world.