- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Get ready cause this chapter is going to be a doozy!!!
Chapter 31

Brian had brought Amanda lunch that afternoon and they sat at the bar in her nightclub having a talk as they ate. Amanda was really liking Brian as her boyfriend. He was thoughtful and always took time to see her when he could. Since he was a police officer his time was limited, but they made it work.

"So I was running plates the other day and you would never guess who I saw." Brian said as they ate.
"Were you doing this outside my club again? Please don't scare my customers!" Amanda teased, laughing.

"I found Nick's father." Brian told her, and they both grew silent. Amanda looked at him skeptically. She knew Nick had not seen his father in nearly twenty years, not since he walked out on him at the age of five.

"His actual father? How do you know its him? Nick said he couldn't find him." she replied.

"Nick looks like him. You have seen him in here before." Brian pointed out. When he had discovered that Nick's father was around he had followed him for a little while and discovered he was a frequent visitor to Amanda's club.

"I think I would have noticed someone who looks like Nick in here."

"Look for him tonight....he will be here."

"How do you know he will be here?"

"Because....he only comes when Nick is performing." Brian explained. After Brian had left, Nick came to start rehearsals and he was in a fairly good mood.

"I brought you coffee!" he said brightly as he drank from his own cup. Amanda took a sip and it was perfect, just the way she liked it.

"How do you know how I like it?" she asked as she drank it.

"I remembered from Christmas." he replied with a grin. Later on that night, Amanda stood by the bar and watched Nick's first set She scanned the crowd for Nick's father and found him standing nearby. He was a bit taller than Nick but indeed looked like him as Brian had said. Nick's father got up and walked over to where Amanda stood, and Amanda couldn't get over how much Nick did look like him.

"Hello," she said as he ordered a drink from the bartender.

"You are the owner, aren't you?"

"Why, yes I am. Do you need something?" she asked. Even the voice sounded alike, but a little deeper.

"I like your musical group. Where did you find them?"

"Well, I am friends with the lead singer....Nick Carter."

"Carter? Is there a way I could speak with him?"

"Sure, I could arrange it....just wait after his second set." Amanda said. Nick's father went on to tell her who he was and that he had been looking for Nick for a long time. He had been coming to see him perform because he meant to talk to Nick, but was afraid of what would happen. Amanda couldn't blame him for feeling that way. Nick was five years old when his father left....it had been 20 years ago since Nick had seen him. After his second set, Nick was in his dressing room preparing to go home when Amanda walked in.

"Great show tonight," she said as he smiled and put his guitar away.
"Yeah, I was in the zone. What's up?" Nick said as he noticed her nervous expression. A sense of dread washed over Nick and the smile slid away from his face as he heard footsteps in the hallway.

"I have a big fan who would like to meet you." Amanda told him. The door opened and a man walked in.
"What's going on?" Nick asked, eyeing this man and feeling angry, but wondering why.
"I'm your father." the man told him softly. Nick backed away in shock....there was no way this man could be his father. No way that a man he had not seen in 20 years just suddenly appear in his life again.

"No.....this is a joke, it has to be a joke." he muttered.

"Nick, I am your father. I am so happy to see you...." his fathet said with a warm smile, walking towards Nick....who backed away.

"Where the hell have you been all this time?!" Nick yelled suddenly, causing Amanda to jump. Nick had hurt in his eyes as he spoke. He had endured 13 years of abuse from his mother because of his father leaving. 13 years of hell....13 years of pain.

"Nick, I-" his father stammered as Nick yelled. Amanda stood there and watched in silence, thinking that Brian was crazy for putting this idea together.