- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all enjoy this update!
Chapter 33

Katie stood in her walk in closet, trying to choose a pair of shoes to wear with her dress she had put on for the day. Her closet was massive, almost as big as Nick's bedroom. She had a fetish for high heeled shoes and designer clothes. Anything with a brand name, mostly expensive names like Versache or Dolce and Gabbana. Her favorite shoes were Manolos. She had just bought about seven pairs of them. Katie took the first pair she saw, put them on and strolled down the stairs for breakfast. Nick was in the kitchen when he heard a loud crash followed by a series of bangs.

"NICKY!!!!!" Katie wailed from the staircase. Nick went running to find her at the bottom of the staircase, crying hysterically. Her hair was a mess.

"What happened?" AJ asked as he poked his head into the living room. Katie held up one of her shoes and cried louder.

"My shoes!" she cried as Nick helped her to the couch and elevated her leg. Nick ended up waiting on her all afternoon until he went to rehearsals around two looking tired. The next morning at breakfast, Nick was talking with AJ when Aaron walked in and sat down with a smile on his face. He looked pleased for some reason as he started eating his cereal.

"What's with him?" Nick wondered.

"He probably got a high score or something. Right, Airhead?" AJ asked, using a nickname he had given Aaron the other day.

"You could say that," Aaron replied as he ate his Lucky Charms. Katie walked into the room at that moment and Nick's eyes almost bugged out of his head when he saw her.

"How is your ankle?" Nick asked as he stared at her. He nudged AJ with his elbow, who looked at Katie and promptly choked on his orange juice.

"Its fine, baby. Why are are you staring at me like that?" Katie asked.

"You look like Smurfette!" AJ laughed. Nick punched him in the arm but had to stop himself from laughing. Katie's hair was dyed blue. Of course, Smurfette had blonde hair and a blue face but AJ had the right idea. Nick took her into the bathroom nearby and stood her in front of the mirror. Katie blinked in disbelief then let out a high pitched scream. Nick clamped his hands over her ears until the screams turned into cries of despair. Nick was not a happy camper as he ended up escorting her directly to a hair salon. AJ took Aaron to school and was in fits of laughter. AJ noticed that Aaron wasn't laughing, he sat there grinning until he went to school. He did not ask him anything but went to open his tattoo shop in town. Nick had no idea why Katie was being so accident prone all of a sudden, because her shoes broke two more times after that.

"What's wrong, Nick?" Amanda asked at rehearsal that afternoon, when he had come in looking a bit stressed. Nick had an awards show to go to and he was nervous about it because it was a televised event.

"Katie has been having accidents. She has become very clumsy." Nick told her.

"What do you mean?" she asked, although AJ had been telling her about them.

"Well, her shoes keep breaking and someone dyed her hair blue."

"She broke her shoes? What ones were they?"

"That's why I am mad. They were Manolos. Do you know how expensive those shoes are? She has broken three pairs already!"

"Those are $3,000 a pair!" Amanda said before Nick could.

"Exactly. Well about four grand....give or take." he added.

"I am not sure what scares me more, that you know what Manolos are or how much they cost." Amanda joked.

"Uh, I get the credit card statement." Nick said matter-of-factly. The next night was the People's Choice Awards and Nick was nominated for two of them so he was in attendance and brought Katie along. She wore a peach colored Vera Wang dress and a pair of heels. AJ had invited Amanda over to watch the red carpet stuff at the house.

"Where is Aaron? I thought he was gonna watch," Amanda asked as she put Celine in the playpen.

"He was in his room." AJ told her as they saw Nick posing for pictures. Katie turned around and showed off the back of her dres.

"Oh my god." Amanda gasped. Nick seemed to notice the same time she did because he turned her back towards the wall. Katie tried desoareately to cover herself. The back of her peach dress had been cut out, exposing the pink thong underwear she was wearing to the world. Nick rushed her off camera and AJ was laughing.

"Holy crap.....that was classic." AJ remarked as he wiped his eyes.

"How did that happen?" Amanda wondered. To top it all off, as they were running, Katie had broken yet another shoe. Nick's was beet red as he helped her up and they left the red carpet. After that incident, Nick and Katie were the topic of a lot of discussions that night. As they watched the show, Aaron happened to come into the room, wearing yet another grin.

"Aaron, you just missed the best thing ever on TV!" AJ laughed. Aaron was twirling a pair of scissors in his hand as he laughed.

"I think she forgot this!" Aaron said as he held up a piece of Katie's dress. Amanda's mouth dropped open in shock.

"Wait a damn minute, YOU did that?" AJ exclaimed as the boy laughed.

"Yeah, I did!" Aaron replied, sitting down on the couch.

"Wait, there is no way you did this on your own." Amanda protested.

"Nobody helped me. I was tired of the way Katie treats me and my brother." Aaron stated calmly.

"You played all those pranks? Even her hair?" AJ asked in disbelief. He had never seen Aaron act so maniacal before, or even play pranks like these. He was normally very good natured.

"I did the shoes too,"

"Not the shoes!! Nick is gonna kill you for that, kiddo." AJ said.

"How do you know how much those cost, AJ?" Amanda asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nick told me when he was checking his credit card bill."

"Aaron, you are pure evil. I honestly thought your brother did all that stuff." Amanda said, smiling at him. Aaron giggled as he held up the missing piece of Katie's peach dress.

"My brother would never do something like this. He is not happy with her....I want him to be with you. I like you....so does my brother. Can't you tell him to make her leave?" Aaron asked, looking at Amanda. She hugged the boy and smiled. Sometimes children understood things better than adults. Amanda really wished she could tell Nick to leave Katie, but there was no way to convince him while she was in a relationship herself. She decided to wait and see how it worked out with Brian first before deciding anything, and hoped the decision would come easy.