- Text Size +
Chapter 43

"I'm so proud of you..." Amanda said as Nick walked her home. She lived a street over from him and there was no sense in taking the car. Nick blushed a little and looked at his feet. Amanda thought it was adorable when he did this, it was childlike in a way.

"Thank you." he said finally, looking at her. She looked amazing in the dress he had bought her, it glinted in the moonlight as they walked, their footsteps in sync with one another.

"You look beautiful tonight." Nick said, and he meant it. Amanda grinned and adjusted the baby in her arms.

"Thank you for the dress." she replied.

"You deserve it." Nick said, his eyes meeting hers as they rounded the corner and walked up her street. Amanda never understood why Nick treated her so good, she was simply a good friend to him and felt she didn't deserve these gifts he gave her.

"I'm nothing special, Nick. You don't have to."

"You're special to me..." Nick said, flashing his famous grin at her. They finally reached her house and Nick followed her inside. Amanda knew Nick wanted to get back to his brother, but her plan was for Nick to spend the night. She knew he would....especially after a dinner like the one they had. Nick helped put Celine to bed and came out into the hallway to see Amanda dressed in a satin robe that hugged her curves.

"I really should be...". He started to speak but she had kissed him. They parted and Nick was clearly blown away. He looked puzzled for a second and laughed nervously.

"You were saying?" Amanda giggled coyly. Nick kissed her again and felt the passion building. There was no way he was going home with her looking the way she did. Nick never finished his thought, the two of them went into the bedroom, kissing as they went and Nick took off his dress shirt and tossed it aside. They both wanted it, wanted each other. Laying in bed, they kissed for a long time before Nick suddenly stopped, his lips hovering over her face. Amanda was slightly disappointed, giving him a look of concern.

"What's wrong?" she asked, a hand on his shoulder. Nick looked at her and smiled.

"Nothings wrong....this is....this is perfect." he whispered. Amanda grinned at him, not able to take her eyes off his body. She kissed him again but he didn't return it....not she was worried.

"Nick...." she started, but he held up his hand.

"Amanda, you have been a big part of my life. You have helped me through so many things....you are the only one who understands me." Nick said suddenly.

"You have been here for me too." Amanda smiled.

"From the minute we met I knew we would end up together." Nick told her, taking her hand and kissing it. Amanda thought back to when she had met Nick. They were only ten years old, how could he have known it then? She decided she had felt something too at that age, but she had been too young.

"I love you, Amanda." Nick said, looking directly into her eyes. Amanda blinked at him in shock. The three words she had been longing for him to say to her....hoping and praying he would speak to her, had finally escaped his lips.

"Say it again." she whispered as she felt her eyes water.

"I love you....I always have, and I always will." Nick said again, and this time she cried. Nick had tears in his eyes as well as he kissed her and they hugged.

"You have no idea how long I have waited to hear those words." Amanda laughed, wiping her eyes as he kissed her. He grinned and she kissed him back, running her hands through his hair.

"Sorry it took so long." he replied, blushing. They made love that night, but it was different this time...they belonged to each other....they could sleep together with no regrets or repercussions at all, no worries of pain or guilt, no secrets. It was the two of them finally being together, finally able to express how they felt. The next morning, Amanda woke with her head on his bare shoulder, his arm draped around her as he slept. She smiled, knowing it was real....it hadn't been a dream. Nick was hers, all hers. His eyes opened and he looked at her, his mouth curled into a grin as he had the same thought.

"Hey." he whispered, and Amanda giggled, kissing his shoulder. He stroked her soft hair and kissed her as well. He realized he should be heading home and told her he had to go, but started kissing her. He began to get dressed as she watched. Amanda didn't want him to leave her now that they had admitted their feelings, but understood Nick had to check on his brother. Nick kissed her again at the door and walked out into the street, his jacket hung over his shoulder. He saw Brian getting out of his car. Brian walked over to him and looked at him angrily....Nick knew nothing good would come out of this.