- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all like this update...
Chapter 49


Nick stared Katie down with hate in his eyes.

"You son of a bitch...." Katie said, her voice shaking with anger. Nick suppressed a laugh....well, she was right about his mother being a bitch, he thought bitterly. Now was not the time to dwell on his mother.

"What, Katie? Are you upset
because you couldn't get my money?" he snapped coldly.

"I deserve it after what you put me through!" she screamed, her brown eyes furious. Amanda watched the two of them, shaking her head as they faced off. Nick laughed at Katie as she ranted, which made her even more furious.

"How dare you laugh at me. You caused me so much..."

"So much what? Pain? I doubt it. That marriage was such a joke that I'm not sure if I should even call it a marriage!" Nick shouted
at her.

"You put me through emotional distress!" Katie protested, pretending to shed tears. Nick shook away his thoughts and continued to stare her down.

"Wow, those are big words. I'm surprised you even know what emotional distress means. You clearly are not under stress, especially after tricking me into marrying you so you could collect."

"You fucking asshole...all you cared about was that little bitch." Katie said,

"Are you talking about me?" Amanda piped up from the table. She had been silent until now, holding herself back from throttling the blonde woman.

"The only reason Nick likes you is because of that." Katie said, pointing at the baby in her arms. Nick watched Amanda carefully to see what she would do and saw her growing furious.

"Nick loved me before Celine came along! Don't bring the baby into this." Amanda shot at her.

"I am not trapped by our daughter...I love them." Nick said, smiling. Katie was not happy to hear this statement. She was hoping that Nick would verbally attack her or at least cause a commotion, but nothing she did was working. Nick's voice remained unchanged, his face without expression.

"All she wants is a father for the baby. She doesn't care about you! I did." she continued. Nick almost laughed in her face. He knew Amanda wasn't using the baby to be with him. He loved her so much....he didn't care if she had three kids. Katie tried to make Nick fight her in the middle of the crowded terminal, but nothing was working....it was then that she laid her eyes on Aaron. She turned to face him, fire in her eyes.

"YOU!" she screamed suddenly. Aaron jumped and promptly hid behind Amanda.

"Leave him alone." Nick warned as Katie strode over to Amanda and knocked her out of the way, causing her to almost drop the baby. Amanda watched Nick's face...he was fuming. Nick's fists clenched as he watched Katie push Amanda.

"DON'T TOUCH THEM..." he hollered, his voice booming.

"You little bastard!" Katie was trying to get at Aaron as he hid under the table...her manicured hand reaching for him as he struggled. She grabbed him by the wrist and began pulling him out.

"Nick!" Aaron screamed, tears running down his face.

"You humiliated me...now you'll pay." Katie said as she raised her hand to strike. As her hand moved, Aaron flinched but it never struck. Nick had grabbed her wrist and was screaming at her.

"How dare you touch my family!" Nick yelled as airport security held the two of them apart. Katie cursed at him as they dragged her away.

"This isn't the last of me, Carter. I will get my revenge!" she shouted. Nick helped up his brother and sighed, glad to see the back of her again.

"You really need a restraining order on her, Nick." Amanda commented as Aaron wiped his eyes. A bruise formed around his wrist and he looked up at Nick, his eyes still watering.

"I'm sorry....I'm so sorry." he sobbed, his arms around Nick's
waist.

"Aaron, its okay. She is gone." Nick told him. Just then the flight was beginning to board, so all four of them got on the plane headed for New Jersey. Nick sat by the window, sighing as he rubbed his aching head.

"You all right, Amanda?" he asked, holding her hand.

"Yes I'm fine. Katie is a jerk." Amanda replied. She wanted to call her something else but decided to hold back since the children were present. Nick took gum out of his pocket and handed it to Aaron, who was on the other side of Amanda.

"What's this for?" he asked.

"Chew it so it makes your ears
pop. It helps with the pressure when we take off." Nick explained, remembering his first flight. He smiled at Amanda as his brother chewed on the gum. Amanda remembered that she had told Nick this when they had flown to New York together when Nick was 18. Nick had to go for an audition with RCA records.

"I can't wait to meet your parents. This will be fun." Nick said, kissing her gently on the cheek as the plane taxied. As they took off, Amanda hoped Nick and her parents would get along, hoped they would like him as much as she did.