- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Back with Chapter Five!! Hope you are all enjoying this!!!
Chapter 5

Amanda arrived at the hotel where Nick was staying in Aruba about two hours later. He had left the cruise and booked a hotel room on the island while the police interrorgated him about his wife's murder. The suite was large and well decorated with a king sized bed, full kitchen, and a large sitting area with plush couches. Amanda waited there for him after being given a card key, checking everything the room had to offer. She sat down on the bed with its satin sheets and heard the door open. A worn looking Nick strolled into the room, wiping his bloodshot eyes and looking miserable. He smiled slightly at the sight of her and they embraced.

"I am so glad you are here." he beamed tearfully. Amanda kissed him on the cheek and smiled at him.

"You okay?"

"They've been asking me questions all night..." he began, then fell silent. He kept pacing the room, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Why don't you take a shower and relax." Amanda suggested. Nick disappeared into the bathroom and she heard the shower running for about twenty minutes before he reemerged, wearing his boxers and nothing else, his skin still moist. Amanda couldn't help but stare at his physique...she never noticed it before because he didn't show off. His damp hair fell in strings near his clean shaven face as he sat on the bed next to her. His cologne overtook her and her face flushed.

"Amanda, are you okay? You look sweaty." he asked, noticing her expression. She blinked and shook it off, then cleared her throat.

"Thanks for coming, Amanda. How did you convince Lance to let you?" he asked after a moment of awkward silence. She didn't answer right away, she was busily being reminded why she had been drawn to Nick....there was a connection between them she could never explain.

"I didn't tell him, Nick." she finally answered, looking down at her own feet in embarrassment.

"Why?"

"Nick, I care too much about you to worry what my husband says."

"Amanda, that means so much to me you did that. I would do the same for you....I would do anything for you." he replied softly, his face an inch from hers. She stared into his ocean blue eyes and saw herself in them. They sat like this for a few moments, and before she could stop herself, Amanda kissed him. She pulled away, blushing and cursing herself for it. To her great suprise, Nick returned the kiss, his lips soft and his hand resting behind her head, his fingers running through her hair. Amanda was suddenly brought back to the night of their high school prom. A spotlight shone on them and the music played gently as they danced together, their friends watching. Nick had been the one to kiss her first, and they kept going, not noticing anyone else was in the room that night.

"Nick," Amanda whispered, but Nick leaned in once more. Before they knew what was happening, they were undressed and making love. She could not believe how different her husband and Nick were from each other. Nick was more passionate and Lance played rough. The two friends went straight until morning, Nick finally falling asleep around five. Amanda lay next to him, grinning after a wonderful night. Nick's eyelids fluttered open and he stared at Amanda, smilng at first...but then the smile turned into a look of horror.

"Oh my god..." he said, getting up and backing away from the bed. Amanda looked at him in confusion, wondering why he was freaking out.

"What have I done?" he asked out loud. He felt as if in one night, his whole world had come crashing down.