- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ready for the big news? Keep reading!
Chapter 8

Nick and Amanda had barely spoken in about three months. One night in late August, Nick did his performance at the nightclub Amanda owned. She had Nick perform there every night, and business was booming. Amanda had success and a husband, and for some reason she was not satisfied. She was hurt that he had not spoken to her, he had cut off all contact between them. They had been so close for such a long time.....but now it was up in the air about their frendship. Amanda knew she needed to tell Nick about the pregnancy....she had to let him know.

"Hey," she called after him one night as he left the club after his set. Nick did not look at her, he kept heading to his car. Amanda ran after him and grabbed his arm.

"Nick....."

"What do you want?" he asked, his eyes cold and annoyed. The two of them stood there for a while, only speaking with their eyes.

"Let go of me." Nick demanded, tugging his arm back and reaching for his car door. He wanted to leave, his heart was aching for her again.

"Nick, why are you doing this to me?"

"What are you going on about? I haven't done anything."
Nick said coldly, turning away from her again. Amanda ran to him once more.

"So this is it, huh? You are just going to end our friendship like that?" she shouted.

"No,"

"Then why have you been ignoring me? Why have you been avoiding me ever since Tracy passed away?" Amanda asked, her eyes shining with tears.

"I haven't-" Nick started in frustration, but she interrupted him.

"Yes, you have Nick. We have been friends since we were ten. Something isn't right here....this is the first time you have stopped talking to me for this long."

"Look, you are married. There is no you and me. I have no place in your life anymore." Nick said, hating himself for even saying it when he looked at her expression.

"We always have each other. What about Aruba..."

"That was a mistake, Amanda. It wasn't supposed to happen." Nick commented, looking down at his feet in disgust with himself. Amanda was beginning to become agitated with Nick...she wondered why he was behaving like this with her.

"Nick be honest. Did you love Tracy?"

"I........."

"Did you love her?"

"Yes!" Nick practically shouted, angry she had brought her up.

"What if it was me? Do you really want me out of your life, because I can't live without you." Amanda cried. Nick knew she was right, he was making another mistake pushing her away. She had walked out on lance to help him, that had meant a lot.

"Amanda, this is something I need to do. I don't want to ruin your marriage." he replied. Amanda threw her hands up and scoffed.

"Nick, are you an idiot? I don't care what he wants, this is what I want." she shouted.

"But-"

"Nick, I'm pregnant." Amanda blurted out, and Nick's face paled.

"WHAT? You're......when did this happen?" Nick stammered in disbelief.

"I am three months along already." she pointed out, and he noticed the growing belly.

"Is....is it mine?" he asked.

"I don't know yet." Amanda replied sheepishly.

"Wait, how could the baby not be mine?" Nick wondered, thinking back a few months. Secretly he was excited about possibly becoming a father, but at the same time...it scared him. If Lance found out he had gotten Amanda pregnant...well, Nick couldnt imagine what would happen to him then.

"Because when I got home from Aruba, I slept with Lance too." Amanda said, disappointed with herself.

"So there is a chance that I am not the father."

"Yes, but what if the baby is yours? What are we going to do?"

"We will think of that when the time comes." Nick said, hugging her and smiling, kissing her on the forehead. He never wanted to let her go.