- Text Size +




Chapter 1 – Missing

“AJ?” Nick said his hand automatically touching the ooze flowing out of his head.

“Blood?” he whispered as he saw the red liquid on his fingers. He became frighten remembering only that AJ had paused the video game to go get the door. Instead of room service something had gone wrong but all he remembered is someone in a ski mask hit him. He finally realized that AJ was nowhere to be found.

“AJ!” He yelled as he searched the suite but he was nowhere to be found he ran to the next suite where Howie was staying.

“Help,” Nick yelled disoriented and sadden by his missing friend.

“What’s wrong Nick,” Howie asked as he answered the door and then he saw the large gash on his head. “What happened? Leigh call an ambulance!” he yelled back inside as he helped Nick.

“No… I am fine AJ… he’s missing.” He managed to say finally breaking down…

********

“Mr. Carter?” Nick heard a voice call him out as a paramedic looked at his head.

“I am Horatio Caine lieutenant in the crime scene investigation. I would like to have a word with you,” Horatio said removing his sunglasses as he reached the young man.

“Whatever you need to find AJ,” Nick said trying to compose himself.

“We will try to find him Nick but tell me do you of anyone who might want him dead?”

Nick shook his head, “No not that I know of,” he whispered and then looked at the lieutenant with worry, “He’s not dead right?” he stuttered the question.

“Let’s hope not Nick,” Horatio said as he walked to suite 201 where everything had occurred. “Talk to me Eric,” he said as he saw him dusting for finger prints.

“H,” Eric said looking up to see Horatio, “Based on the amount of blood right here by the door there is a chance this pop star is not alive.”

“A pop star with a past,” Calleigh interjected as she walked in. “AJ McLean has had past addictions to drugs and alcohol. Maybe he slipped and pissed off some drug dealer?”

“No AJ would tell me if he was craving,” Brian said walking in as he heard the Detective’s presumption, “He takes it day by day… we would know if he was off the wagon.”

“Who are you,” Calleigh Duquesne asked as she faced the man that had come in defense of her investigation.

“I am Brian Littrell one of his band mates,” Brian said worriedly. “I am sorry for my abrupt defensive comment but we all know AJ and we can all assure you he’s clean.”

“H, I just spoke to a waiter from the restaurant downstairs and he says he did see a suspicious Black SUV parked close to the alley in the back,” Ryan Wolfe said as he walked into the suite.

“That means our crime scene has expanded,” Horatio said as he faced his other agent. “Why don’t you and Natalia check the alley Wolfe?”

“I’m on it,” Wolfe said walking out.

******

“Just state the truth and talk to who ever has him like you expect to get him back,” Horatio told the three men that were about to announce of AJ’s disappearance.

“Should we offer a reward for his return?” Howie asked.

“Not yet first we must find out why AJ?” Horatio said. “The camera is ready just keep it simple guys.”

The men sighed heavily as they tried to control the emotion they didn’t want to show in public. The truth they all had seen the amount of blood on the carpet of AJ’s suite and they had heard the very low chances of AJ being alive at this moment.

“Brian you should do it,” Howie said.

“What?”

“Nick is barely holding it together,” Howie spoke in hushed tones, “I think you should do it.”

Brian nodded, “All right.”

He took a deep breath and stood at the podium in front of the microphone that was set up. He saw the lieutenant nod and he took a deep breath before speaking.

“My name is Brian Litrell. My close friend and band mate AJ McLean has been kidnapped. If the person who took him is out there watching, please let AJ go. We need him to be here with us, his family. AJ, if you are watching, we all love you and are praying for your safe return.”

Brian nodded and had to look down so he wouldn’t break down. He had heard about famous people going missing he had never expected it to be one of them. He heard the mumbling from the press as they began to throw questions at him. He sighed as an officer escorted him and the other two men away.

Howie took in a deep breath as he heard lieutenant Caine talk to the press. “At the moment that is all we can share with in regards to Mr. McLean. But if anyone knows anything that can help us find him before its too late…” he stopped hearing the lieutenant as he saw that Nick was hyperventilating.

“It will be fine Nick… AJ is a fighter.” Howie told his youngest friend.

“It’s my fault Howie if I would have heard when…” he couldn’t even speak anymore.

“Come on let’s get you to the hotel you need to rest,” Brian said as he joined them.

******