- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know I'm really slow with these updates, I'm really trying to get better but I've been super busy...hope you enjoy. Thanks so much for the feedback you guys are awesome! I'll try hard to not make you wait so long for the next one.
Ashley slowly opened her eyes some time later. She smiled remembering where she was. Nick still had his arm fastened tightly around her waist. She could tell he was still sleeping from his light snoring. She glanced at the clock and saw it was already two in the afternoon. Because they arrived so early in the morning most everyone had chose to sleep in. The boys weren’t due at the arena until after four that afternoon and she was happy about that. Seeing her phone flashing a message from the nightstand she carefully reached for it, not wanting to wake Nick. As she tried to reach Nick pulled her back into him. She laughed a little looking back to make sure he was still asleep before grabbing the phone. She was sorting through her last message when she heard him stir next to her. He grumbled something inaudible and turned onto his back with a yawn.

“Morning.” He said through another yawn as he stretched his arms.

“Afternoon.” She laughed turning to face him, propping her head up on her bent arm. “Sleep well?”

“Yea, I had a really comfortable pillow.” He teased with a smirk. “What about you?”

“Yeah.” She smiled. “Best sleep I’ve had in a while.”

“Good.” He looked over her shoulder. “What time is it?”

“Just a little after two.”

"Good. At least we still have time before we have to be at the arena." Nick yawned. "Are you hungry?"

Her stomach growled before she could even answer. She laughed, slightly embarrassed, as Nick smirked at her.

"I guess that answers my question." He laughed. "There's a restaurant downstairs. Wanna get lunch?"

"Don't have to ask me twice." She laughed sitting up and stretching. Her shirt rose, exposing her lower back, as she reached her arms into the air. Nick smirked as he poked her bare sides causing her to squirm and fall back onto the bed.

"You're such a loser." She laughed pushing him away from her before getting off the bed. "I'm gonna go change."

"See you in a few." He said watching her walk out the door.

"Ash, there you are." AJ said as she came out into the hallway.

"Uhh...hey Alex." She said nervously, not sure how he would react seeing her come out of Nicks room.

"Where were you?" He said checking to make sure he had the correct room number.

"Oh I uh..." She thought for a second for a probable lie. "Wanted to see if Nick wanted to get lunch so I came over here to his room...just now...to ask." She said hoping he would buy it.

"Oh alright...I was coming to ask the same thing." He laughed slightly.

"You can come with." She said glad he didn't push it any further. She opened her door and he followed her in.

"I don't wanna be like a third wheel or anything." He said taking a seat on the bed as she pulled out shorts and a top from her bag and went into the bathroom to change.

"Umm you wouldn't be...were just grabbing lunch, nothing serious. You're more then welcomed to come." She said as she came back out changed.

"Are you sure?" He asked, not wanting to intrude on their time alone.

"Positive. It will be fun." She smiled as someone knocked on the door. She opened it up and smiled at Nick letting him in.

"Hey man." He greeted AJ.

"He's gonna come with us to lunch." Ashley said grabbing her phone and room key.

"Is that cool?" AJ asked standing up.

"Yeah man. The more the merrier." He smirked patting him on the shoulder as he passed on his way out the door.

Ashley tapped her thumbs on the table looking around the restaurant as they sat at the table in silence awaiting their food. She didn’t know why the situation was so awkward but she knew she didn’t want to be the first to say something.

"Sleep good?" AJ asked sitting across from the two in the restaurant.

"Yeah." Nick nodded picking at the fries on his plate. "Best sleep I've had in a while." He said with a slight smirk.

"What's your secret man? I haven't been sleeping good at all." He sighed.

"A really comfortable pillow." Nick said with a smirk nudging her under the table. Ashley chocked and laughed, almost spitting her soda out. Nick flashed a smile as he laughed.

"Am I missing something?" He said looking at the two like they were insane.

“Nothing.” Ashley said trying to contain her laughter as she shot Nick a look. “I was just thinking of something funny.”

“Ok.” He looked at the two questionably but didn’t push the matter.

“Hey guys, there you are.” Howie said passing by the low wall that separated the restaurant from the hotel lobby.

“What’s going on?” AJ asked.

“Kev and I are heading to the arena a little early. They’re having some mic problems and so we need to do a quick pre sound check sound check.” He informed.

“Do you need us to head over with you?” Nick asked just as the waiter brought over a refill of their drinks.

“No, finish eating. We have it under control. Just come by as soon as you’re done eating.” He said.

“Will do.” AJ said as he headed for the exit.

“Has my sister said when she’s getting in?” Nick asked.

“I think she said Sunday.” She said taking a bite of her sandwich. “She hasn’t sent me her itinerary or anything though so I have no idea what time.”

“Where are we gonna be then?” AJ asked.

“I think back around here in upstate New York…I don’t remember the town.” She shrugged. “This tour is crazy I feel like were zigzagging across the country.”

“I know. It gets a little crazy sometimes.” AJ said as he took one last big gulp of his drink. “Ready to head out?”

“Yea.” Nick said tossing down his napkin. “Are you gonna head over with us or come over later?”

“If you can wait a minute for me to grab my bag and change my shirt I’ll head over with you.”

“Sure, meet us by the couches, just be quick.” AJ said as they paid the bill. She quickly headed for the elevators and back up her room to change into something a little dressier. She didn’t like going to the shows in just jeans and t-shirts. She changed, grabbed her purse and met them back downstairs where they jumped in a van and headed over to the arena.


A few hours later the sound check party was underway. Ashley had snuck to her usual spot several rows behind the fans to sit and watch. She was laughing as they joked around on stage while singing a song when someone came up behind her covering her eyes.

“Guess who?” the familiar voice said. Her eyes grew wide as she jumped from the chair with a squeal of excitement.

“Angel!” she hugged her. “What the hell are you doing here? I thought you weren’t coming in until Sunday.”

“Changed my flight. I wanted to be here with you today.” she smiled hugging her back.

“You don’t understand how happy I am to see you!” she said excitedly.

“Can you two trouble makers keep it down back there. We’re trying to put on a show here.” Nick said through his microphone waving at his sister. “Told you I wouldn’t ruin the surprise.”

“You knew?” Ashley yelled at him with a joking pout.

“Everyone say hi to my sister.” He instructed as the crowd turned and greeted her.

“Hi!” she said before hoping over the row of seats separating her and Ashley and taking a seat. “You can continue now.” She teased.

“Where’s Scott?” Ashley said quietly as the boys started up their next song.

“He stayed back at the hotel, he was tired. He’ll probably just come by later.”

“How are things going with him?”

“Really good.” Angel smiled sincerely. “It’s a lot different with him, he’s a lot more mature then all those other guys. It’s like new and just really good.”

“I’m glad you’re happy.” Ashley smiled, wishing she could find something like that. She watched Nick as he laughed goofing off with Brian as some fans asked a question. She really wished she just had the guts to come out and tell him how she felt, but she was too afraid of rejection, or ruining their friendship.

“So, how are things with Nick?” Angel smirked seeing her line of vision.

“I dunno.” She shrugged with a sigh. “I really like him. Like it’s ridiculous how much I like him.” She admitted.

“So then do something about it.”

“You know that’s not me. I don’t have the balls to be assertive.” She laughed. “I wish I could just read his mind so I knew exactly what he wanted.”

“Ash, I’ve been telling you since day one that he likes you, but the two of you are just hard headed and don’t want to realize that you’re holding out on each other waiting for the other one to make the first move. Eventually one of you is gonna have to jump.” She pointed out.

“But why does it have to be me?” she sighed. “What if you’re wrong, what if he doesn’t like me and I jump and totally fall on my face?”

“Nick is like one of my best friends, I know him just as good as I know you. He likes you. Get it through your head.” Angel laughed.

“Why can’t it just be simple like elementary school. Send a little note like check yes or no if you want to be my boyfriend.” Ashley said with a laugh.

“Just jump, believe me you’re not gonna fall.” Angel said standing up to head backstage as the sound check ended.

“I’ll think about it.” She sighed.

“I’m here for a ten days, don’t think that I’m going home without one of you making a move. Be prepared because I’m making it happen.”

“Should I be scared?” Ashley raised a brow in question.

“No you’ll thank me in the long run.” Angel smirked.

“I sure hope so.” She laughed nervously.

“Have I ever let you down before?”

“I guess not, but that doesn’t mean I’m not scared.” She looked at her apprehensively.

“Just relax and let me work my magic.” Angel smirked.
Chapter End Notes:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER for updates about the story and a great way to contact me with any questions you may have! I'd love to talk to you guys! www.twitter.com/AshleyNicoleFan