- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
wait is it really me? yes I'm back! sorry for the delay I've been feeling under the weather lately and its kind of hard to write with a pounding migraine. But I'm feeling better! This chapter is DRAMA TIME! so i hope you enjoy and i hope you guys have stuck with me through my mini hiatus. :) enjoy!
“You what?” Angel screamed the next morning as Ashley retold her of the prior nights events.

“I freaked out, I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. I didn’t even mean to but it just happened.” She sighed as she sat back in her chair and stared out the window. She knew she had messed up any chance she had with Nick now. “He probably hates me now.”

“I’m sure he doesn’t hate you Ash. He’s probably just confused.” Angel comforted her.

“No, I’m pretty sure he hates me.” She said sadly.

“What happened after that?” Angel said curiously, hoping there was some way that she could fix this.

Ashley took a deep breath and let it out slowly thinking back to the exact second that she made the biggest mistake she could have.

***

Her eyes connected with his once more as he slowly leaned into her. She could feel the butterflies rising in her stomach, and as much as she wanted what was about to happen to happen her nerves were getting the best of her and just as his lips came close she turned her cheek.

He looked at her for a moment and she could see the disappointment and confusion written all across his face.

“I’m sorry I just I uhh…” she said trying to find the words for the thoughts running through her mind.

“No, I’m sorry. I guess we just got some mixed signals.” Nick sighed getting up from the bed.

“No, I just.” She sighed having no words for why she did what she just did.

“It’s all good, no worries.” He said running a frustrated hand through his hair. “I just thought…” he trailed off with a sign. “You know what just forget it.”

“No Nick…” she said standing up from the bed and walking over to him. She placed a hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off.

“Maybe I should go for that walk after all.” He said heading for the door.

“Nick…wait.” She said hoping he would stay and hear her out, but then again what would she say? She had no idea why she did what she just did. How could she even explain it? She wanted him to kiss her more then anything, she just got nervous. He didn’t stop though and she silently cursed herself as she watched the door slam shut.

***

“I stayed up half the night waiting for him to come back and eventually I just passed out.” She said as the door opened. She turned her head quickly, hoping it would be Nick, and sighed sadly when it was Scott.

“Hey babe.” Angel said before turning her attention back to Ashley. “You know he could never hate you. I’m sure he just needed to think and clear his mind. I guarantee you it will all blow over and you can talk to him and just explain how you were feeling.”

“I sure hope so, cause I messed up big time.”

“Things will be fine, we just have to get you two to talk it out. I know it will be all good after that.” Angel smiled, trying to reassure her.

Ashley gave her back a weak smile, wanting so bad for her to be right, but deep down she had a bad feeling that she had ruined her chances forever.

“Maybe we just need to get you to let loose and have fun. Try and take your mind off things so that you can have a clear head and no inhibitions when you guys talk.” Angel said.

“And how exactly do I do that?” she said skeptically, knowing she was rarely free of inhibitions.

“By having a party, duhh.” Angel laughed.

“And where exactly are we gonna have a party?” she raised a brow in question.

“We’re in a hotel, there’s more then enough space somewhere here.”

“Bet you they’d let us use the pool area after it closes.” Scott suggested.

“Ohh that would be fricken awesome.” Angel grinned. “I think you should get on that.”

“Well it would be a pretty lame party considering it would be the three of us.” Ashley laughed a little.

“We would invite other people hun. Think outside the box.” She laughed.

“Like who?”

“I’m sure we’ll meet some cool people by tonight. We just have to look around.”

“You mean like fans?” Ashley said wearily.

“Not like psycho ones, normal ones.” Angel laughed.“There are some of those you know.”

“Yeah, but finding them isn’t always easy.” She sighed.

“No worries. I’m sure we can find people. Let’s worry about that later.”

“And how exactly am I supposed to not be nervous around a butt load of other people?” She said, not sure this was a plan that would work.

“Once you’ve loosened up enough you take him away and you guys talk.” Angel explained.

“I dunno.” She said with a saddened sign.

“Let’s not question everything right now. Let’s just plan for a fun night and find you a killer outfit that says I’m sorry and I want you.”

“You’re too much.” Ashley laughed at her friend shaking her head.

“I know, but you love me.” She grinned back.

“I have no choice.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After finding Ashley the perfect outfit, which included a short trip to the boutique in the hotel lobby, Ashley and Angel made their way to the arena. Sound check was halfway through and although the doors to the actual seating area were still closed people had begun to file into the large outdoor vending area. There was a small bar with some high top tables mixed in between food and merchandise vendors. The two girls made their way inside and settled on the bar taking a seat at a table near the back of the small space. They observed their surroundings as more and more people began to pass by.

"So what exactly are we looking for?" Ashley asked taking a sip of her beer.

"Ok well we can eliminate anyone who is already screaming, anyone buying merch or wearing it and anyone skanky." Angel said observing the crowd.

"And that leaves who?" Ashley laughed noticing that they had eliminated almost all of the crowd.

"That table of girls right there." Angel said looking in their direction."Dressed in normal clothes, laid back and enjoying a drink before the show."

"And how do we know they’re not crazy?" Ashley looked over observing them.

"We don't. That's why we go talk to them and if they seem cool we invite them back to hang after the show." Angel shrugged.

"Take the lead." Ashley laughed grabbing her beer and hopping down from the chair.

She followed Angel over to the table of three girls. They casually got quieter as the two approached, sending a friendly smile.

“Hey guys.” Angel gave them a slight wave as they reached the table.

"Hi." The three girls said in slight unison.

"You guys seem to have the same idea as us. Stay away from the crowds and relax until show time." She said nodding towards their drinks on the table.

"We don't really see the need to freak out over staring at closed doors and sound techs checking mics." The girl with long dark hair to Angels left laughed slightly.

"Mind if we join you?"

"Not at all." They smiled.

"I'm Angel and this is Ashley." Angel introduced as they took a seat.

"We know. There was a group of girls who damn near fainted when they walked by before." The same girl from before spoke. "I'm Melodye, these are my friends Kim and Karen."

"Nice to meet you all." Angel smiled. "We usually don't hang out around here, but we figured since it was a smaller place we'd give it a shot, but I guess no matter what there will be someone who recognizes you."

"That has to suck. Do you guys even get to have fun out here?" Karen asked.

"Oh yea, we have plenty of fun, you just have to know when and where is the right time to hide or hang around." Ashley finally chimed in, seeing the girls weren't so bad.

"So are you excited for the show?" Angel turned her attention to Kim, who had remained quiet, looking shy and reserved.

"Yea." She said shortly.

"Are you guys from around here?" Ashley asked, trying to get her to engage more in the conversation.

"No." She responded simply once more, before her friend Melodye took over.

"We're actually from all over...we just decided it would be fun to go to a show together and this was the only one that fit our schedules." She informed.

"Awesome." Angel smiled. "Where are you guys staying?"

"The Regency."

"Oh ok, that's right across the street from us. We're at the W." Angel smiled.She looked over at Ashley for her approval. Ashley nodded and Angel turned her attention back to them. "Do you guys have any plans after the show?"

"Not that we know of." They smiled.

"Were gonna have a little after party up at the pool at our hotel. You guys should come by. It's gonna be really chill and laid back but it should be fun." Angel offered.

"That sounds cool." Karen smiled.

"Great. We have to get back stage, but meet us at the side entrance of our hotel at 10:30. And don't mention it to anyone else."

"You got it. See you then." The girls waved slightly as the two walked off.

"Oh my god." Kim finally spoke up.

"I told you if we acted chill enough they would like us." Melodye smiled.

"I just can't believe we're gonna get to hang with them. Do you think the boys will be there? I think I would die if Nick showed up." Kim said, her excitement taking over.

"I would guess so, I mean from what I hear he and Angel are pretty close."Melodye shrugged.

"I was so bummed when we couldn't get into sound check, but this is so much better." Kim smirked, thoughts of meeting Nick running through her head.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later that night Ashley and Angel got ready in their room.

"So Scott set it all up with no problems?" Ashley asked as she skimmed through her jewelry looking for her earrings.

"Yeah, he said the guy he talked to was totally chill. They're even like putting a bar tender up there, so were set."

"How much is it costing?" Ashley turned to her.

"Don't worry about that, it’s taken care of." Angel smiled.

"I love your boyfriend." Ashley laughed. "So who all is coming?"

"I pretty much told the entire crew so it should be fun."

"I just really hope Nick let's me talk to him. I don't want things to be weird with us." She sighed.

"I think he should be good by now. I mean it’s not that big of a deal that you didn't kiss him right then and there."

"You weren't there, he was like so upset. I feel so bad. It's like he's given up hope, like its not meant to be. I mean after the first time he tried went south..."

"Wait...the first time?" Angel cut her off before she could finish. "This wasn't the first time he's tried to kiss you?"

"Wait I never told you about the bus thing?"

"Umm no!" She practically yelled.

"Remember the time you called to tell me you were coming to visit and I was really mad when I picked up the phone?" Ashley began but was cut off again.

"Ohh shit...did I ruin it?" Angel said biting her lip in anguish.

"Umm yea, you kinda sort of did." Ashley laughed a little. " But it's ok, it wasn't meant to be right then and there. Last night, however." She sighed as she tossed her lip-gloss back into her makeup bag.

"No worries, hopefully tonight there will be enough kissing to make up for both times and then some." Angel laughed with a smirk checking the clock on the nightstand. "We should get going. Why don't you go make sure Scott has everything set up and I'll go wait for the girls."

"I really hope they’re as cool as they seemed earlier." Ashley said apprehensively.

"No worries, if they're not then they're gone. Simple as that." Angel said as they made their way out the door. "I'll be up in a few minutes." She said as they got on separate elevators.

Angel checked her clock as she waited by the side door, trying to go unnoticed by lingering fans. Finally a few minutes later she saw the girls walking up the stairs to the entrance. They smiled and waved as they came over.

"Hey sorry were late.” Melodye said as they approached her.

“It’s ok. Only by a few minutes.” Angel shrugged and stood up walking them over to the elevators. She pushed the floor button and rode up in silence to the pool deck. As they stepped off the elevator she turned and stopped to face them.

“Before we go in we need to go over a few things.” She said. The girls didn’t respond vocally but looked at her attentively. “You can take pictures, drink as much as you want and pretty much do whatever you want.” Angel started. “But there’s one main rule.”

“What?” Melodye asked.

“Don’t bother the boys. They’re here to relax and chill out, not deal with fans. If they talk to you first that’s fine, but don’t bother them otherwise.”

The three girls looked back and forth between each other before Angel spoke up once more.

“And most importantly Nick is off limits.”

“What do you mean?” Kim asked slightly taken back.

“That means hands off. Look but don’t touch.” She said sternly.

“Umm ok.” The girls said, not knowing really what to think of the makeshift rules placed before then.

“Ok, we can go out there now.” Angel said turning back to walk through the doors leading to the pool.

Kim pulled Melodye back before she could follow.

“What was that about?” she asked making sure Angel wasn’t paying attention to her.

“I don’t know. Maybe she’s just protective of her brother.” Melodye shrugged.

“I came here to meet Nick. I don’t want to have to stay miles away from him all night.”

“Just wait until she’s not paying attention. I’m sure she’s not going to have her radar up all night. Besides like she said if they talk to you first it’s ok. So just be around him enough that he’ll talk to you first. I’m sure it won’t be that hard. That shirts low cut enough to grab his attention.”

“Flaunt the assets and let him come to me. Simple enough.” Kim laughed. “I guess we should get in there before she gets suspicious.”

“After you.”

The two girls walked into the pool area and found Karen at a table near the door.

“What we’re you doing?” she asked as they approached the table.

“Sorry, I was just checking my outfit.” Kim said taking in her surroundings. She didn’t know who half of the people were there. She only recognized Ashley, Angel and the boys’ security. From across the pool she couldn’t see who Ashley was talking to, but when he turned around slightly in his chair she realized it was AJ. Although she wasn’t a big fan of his she was still excited to be so close to any of the boys. She nudged the girls and tilted her head in his direction. “When do you think Nick is getting here?”

“I don’t know, but let’s get a drink and just chill out until then.” Karen said as they headed to the bar.

***

Ashley sat at a table with AJ trying to pay attention to what he was talking about, but her eyes kept drifting to the entrance waiting for Nick to enter. Angel had promised her he was coming but the more she waited the more she thought he decided to ditch.

“What’s on your mind?” AJ said noting her inattentiveness.

“It’s nothing, I’m just wondering when Nick is gonna show up.” She sighed.

“What I’m not good enough company for you?” he teased.

“No, it’s not that. It’s nothing, just wondering if he was coming or not. I didn’t talk to him much today.” She said not wanting to get into her reasons with him.

“Well looks like you don’t have to wonder any longer.” He said motioning for the door where Nick was walking in.

She sighed and stared at him as he walked past their table, not even glancing at her.

“Is something going on between you two?” he said noting the tension.

“It’s nothing.” She said as Angel approached.

“Ash, can I steal you away for a minute?” she asked.

“Sure.” She said, glad Angel had good timing. “I’ll be back.” She said to AJ before following Angel to the other side of the pool.

“So I say you wait a little until he loosened up and then pull him over to the cabana and try and get him to listen.” Angel said as soon as they were out of earshot.

“He’s been ignoring me all day, I’m pretty sure he wants nothing to do with me.”

“Just sit him down and make him listen to you.” She said pushing her towards the bar. “Let’s get you a drink and everything will be just fine.”

***

“I think you should go over by the bar and make yourself noticeable.” Melodye said to Kim a few minutes after Nick arrived.

“And what if he doesn’t notice me?” she said looking in his direction.

“He’d have to be blind hun, you look hot.”

“But what if Angel gets mad at me?”

“Live in the moment. When are you gonna have this opportunity again. Besides you have us to distract her.” Karen said giving her a small push in the direction of the bar.

Kim casually walked over to the bar just a few feet down from Nick and ordered a drink. She caught his eye and smiled coyly as she turned away from him. She knew the hard to get approach was better then throwing herself at him. She was about to turn to look at him once more when she heard Ashley.

“Hey Nick.” Ashley said timidly as she stood in front of him. He ignored her and turned to face the bar ordering another drink. “Come on Nick, please just give me a chance to talk to you and explain.”

“There’s nothing to explain.” He said with his back still turned to her.

“Come on, you know that isn’t true.” She sighed. “Please can we just go somewhere and talk.”

“As far as I’m concerned your actions spoke louder then words.” He finally looked at her.

“You know that’s not true Nick.” He didn’t respond, just turned back towards the bar. “Fine whatever, come talk to me when you decide to stop acting like a jerk.” She said walking off.

“Harsh.” Kim spoke up as Ashley walked off.

“Excuse me?” he said looking over at the girl to his left.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to eaves drop, I just couldn’t help overhearing your conversation. I think she’s being a little harsh, you’re definitely not a jerk.”

“Thanks, but she’s right. I’m kind of being a jerk.” He sighed a little taking a sip of his drink.

“Well I’m sure if you are you have good reason.”

“I guess.” He laughed a little. “I really just don’t want to think about it right now.”

“Well a party is a perfect place to forget about all your troubles.” She smirked.

“I think I’m starting to forget already.” He smirked looking her over as she moved closer. “What’s your name?”

“Kim.” She smiled and took a sip of her drink.

“Well Kim, would you like to have a seat with me over there.” He said pointing towards the cabanas. “I could use some company while I forget my problems.”

“Sounds good to me.” She said and followed him over, making sure to sit so her leg was touching his.


“What is she doing?” Angel said angrily as he watched Nick walk off with Kim.

“I don’t even want to talk about it.” She said with her arms crossed, staring over at the two. “I told you fans were a bad idea.”

“I told her Nick was off limits. I’m going over there to stop this.” Angel started but Ashley grabbed her arm.

“Forget it. What’s the point? He obviously got over me pretty quick.”

***

“They’re staring at us. Am I gonna get in trouble for sitting with you?” Kim asked as she felt Angel and Ashley’s eyes glued to her.

“They don’t run my life, I can talk to whoever I want. Don’t worry about them.” Nick looked over his shoulder to see the hurt look on Ashley’s face. He kind of felt bad but didn’t care at this point. He had opened up to her and she shut him down. The two locked eyes for a moment before he turned back to Kim. He wanted to show her how he was feeling and he knew what would get his point across. Without a second thought he pulled Kim into a kiss.

“He did not just do that.” Angel said furiously.

Ashley couldn’t even bring herself to speak as she stared at him. She knew he was doing it purposely to upset her, she just didn’t think he would be that mean. She understood that she hurt him and she was sorry, but he wouldn’t even let her explain. She couldn’t sit there and watch this anymore. Just the thought of him kissing someone else made her sick to her stomach. She blinked back tears and grabbed her phone and room card off the table and took one last look, hoping he would notice her, but he didn’t. She got up from the table, and headed for the elevators.

“Ash, wait! Where are you going?” Angel stopped her.

“Back to the room. This was a bad idea, I told you it wouldn’t work.” She sighed and turned walking off.

Angel silently cursed herself as she headed in her brothers direction.

“Nick!” Angel yelled trying to get his attention, but he ignored her. “Ok, you need to go.” Angel said pulling Kim away from him.

“What the fuck!” she said angrily, but the look on Angel’s face told her if she didn’t leave now, it wouldn’t be pretty.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Angel looked at him as if he were stupid.

“What I should have been doing this whole time. Having fun.” He said getting up from his seat and going over to the bar to get another drink.

“Why are you being such a jerk?” She said pulling the drink away from him before he could take a sip. “You were supposed to talk to Ashley, not make out with some skank.”

“So she could say what? That she was playing me for a fool this whole time?
Leading me on like it’s a stupid little game.” He said taking the drink back and downing it in a single gulp. “Tell her to save her breath.”

“Can you not see that you’re the one hurting her? She left Nick, because you wouldn’t even give her two seconds to tell you the truth.”

“And what exactly is the truth then, oh mighty Mrs. Clio?” he said sarcastically.

“That maybe just maybe, her nerves got the best of her when the guy that she’s completely crazy about was about to kiss her for the first time? That it was something she wanted more then anything and in a slight lapse of judgment she made a mistake and wanted to apologize? Not tell lies, not make excuses, but explain to you…the guy who said you weren’t like any of those other guys…that she likes you.” Angel said angrily.

“I just…” he started.

“You just nothing. You just walked out on her. You just didn’t even give her a second to explain herself. And you just proved yourself to be exactly what you said you weren’t. Who’s the one playing who now?”

She had nothing left to say, and she knew she had got through to him. She looked at him for one more moment before walking out to go check on Ashley.
Chapter End Notes:
uh uhh...can they fix this? Who do you think is right or wrong in the situation? Leave me your feedback!