- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
hmm wonder if they'll work things out... ;)

ENJOY!
Three days had passed since everything went down between Ashley and Nick and Angel didn't have any clue how to fix things between the two. Ashley had avoided Nick at all costs, even skipping out on the concerts. All she did was mope around and hide out in their hotel room or on AJ's bus. Everyone was worried about her. She slept all day and didn't eat much. They knew something had to be done, but didn't want to escalate things.

Nick was no better. He put on a smile around the fans, but everyone could see that he too was hurting. After Angel yelled at him that night he realized just how stupid he had been. She was right, he talked so much about how she deserved a guy who would treat her better and then turned around and did the same thing. He wished he could just talk to her, but why would she give him the time of day when he wouldn't listen to her? Angel tried to convince him to talk to her but he knew it would do no good.

Ashley sat up in bed flipping through the channels on the TV. Glancing at the clock she noticed it was already six and the sound check was just ending. She missed going to the shows, but she couldn't see Nick. She knew she had messed up, and although she was upset at seeing him kiss another girl she knew she had no right to be angry. After all she was the one who turned him down, even if it wasn't intentional. He had no reason to wait around for her to get over her nerves, but she wished he would have. She turned her head as the door opened and a smiling Angel walked in.

"Hey." She said with a half smile.

"You're still in bed?" Angel said with a sigh. "I'm tired of this. Get up and get dressed."

"What for?"

"You're going to the show tonight whether you like it or not." Angel said sternly.

"Angel I can't..." She began but Angel cut her off.

"Ash, you've been moping around for three days. You can't be like this the rest of the tour. You need to get up and get out of this room and make the most of it."

"I can't see Nick right now, it's just too hard." She sighed.

"Maybe if you would see him you would realize he's just as miserable as you. He feels so bad about what he did, and I really think you guys just need to talk it out and fix things because no one can stand to see either of you like this."

"I don't know if it is fixable." She said sadly.

"You won't know unless you try." Angel reminded her. "Just come to the show and take things from there."

"Fine." Ashley sighed pushing back the covers and getting out of bed.

She took a quick shower and got dressed. Not in the mood to bother with her hair she left it down to dry naturally. She looked in the mirror for the first time in days and realized just how miserable she looked. Maybe Angel was right. Maybe the just needed to talk things out before it got worse. She just hoped that Nick would give her a chance this time. Not wanting to leave the hotel looking like a complete mess she put on a little makeup before heading out of the bathroom.

“Do I look ok?” she asked Angel apprehensively.

“You look great. No worries Ash, things will turn out ok.” She smiled reassuringly. “You ready to go?”

“Yea."She nodded and the two girls made their way out of the hotel and to a cab.

When they arrived at the arena everyone had already entered. Checking her watch Angel saw that the opening act would be starting soon. She knew they wouldn’t have much time to talk before the show, but she was hoping it would be enough to keep them talking after wards. They showed their passes and entered the back stage area. Leighanne and Brian were sitting at a table just outside the dressing room feeding Baylee his dinner. Leighanne looked up and waved the two girls over.

“Am I seeing a ghost or it is really you?” Brian teased.

“Very funny.” Ashley laughed. “This one convinced me to come out of my cave.”

“Good work.” Leighanne laughed.

“Glad to see you back around. We’ve missed you these past few days.” Brian smiled.

“I just needed some time to clear my head and think, but I’m good now.” She smiled.

“Good to hear.” He said as the door to the dressing room opened and a familiar voice reached Ashley’s ears. She looked up to see Nick walking out of the room.

“I’ll be right back. I have to take this.” He said to whomever was inside as he picked up his ringing phone. She bit her lip nervously as his gaze caught hers. Neither knew what to do or say at that moment and it was obvious in their awkwardness as he turned slightly to pay attention to what was being said on the phone.

“Nick.” Angel said waving him over.

He held up a hand signaling her to wait just a minute as he continued to listen to the person on the phone.

“Alright, awesome. Thanks for your help. I’ll give you a call when he has everything set up there.” Nick said before hanging up.

He took a moment before turning back to his sister. He had racked his brain for the past three days trying to come up with an apology to Ashley, but now that she was right in front of him his mind was blank with nervousness. He walked over to the small group and smiled slightly. He caught Ashley’s gaze again trying to read her expression. He wanted to talk to her, but he wasn't sure if she was ready to talk to him.

"Hey Ang." he said finally speaking up. "Hey Ash." he said slightly more timid.

"Hey." she said quietly biting her lip and looking down at the ground. She wasn't used to this awkwardness between them and she didn't like it at all, but she didn't want to be the one to step up and suggest they talk, even though she knew she should be.

"Glad to see you back at the shows. It wasn't the same without you here." he said trying to open up the communication just a little more. He knew it was a risk but he needed to fix things between them before it got worse.

"Yea." she said still looking down at the floor.

"Hey Leighanne, didn't you say you wanted to show me something before?" she said trying to hint they should leave the two alone.

"Oh yeah." she said catching on. "It's in the dressing room. Why don't we go talk a look before the show starts." She said getting up from the table. "Come on Bay." The two girls started to walk away before turning back to see Brian wasn't following. Instead he sat in his spot grinning up at Nick and Ashley in amusement waiting for their awkward conversation to continue.

"Brian." Angel said giving him a look.

"I never get to see the good stuff." he said with a pout as he got up and followed the two into the dressing room. "Can we at least spy?"

"Duh." Angel laughed making sure to keep the door to the room opened just enough so they could hear what was going on.

"So I guess we should talk, huh?" Nick said sticking his hands in his pockets.

"We don't have to if..." she said finally looking back up at him.

"No I want to, unless you don't want to."

"All I ever wanted was to talk, Nick." she said with a sigh.

"I know, and I should have just listened to you in the first place instead of acting like an ass."

"You can say that again." She smirked slightly letting him know there was some hope for him.

"I feel really stupid about what I did. After all I told you about deserving someone better and then I turned around and did something just as bad." He sighed.

"Nick you'll never be like those other guys." She said with a slight pout feeling bad that he had been feeling that way. "I'm not saying I wasn't upset at that moment, but it was more that you were doing it to spite me that hurt."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I wish I would have just listened to you in the first place." He sighed.

"Yes, but you're listening now, and that's why you'll never be like those other guys...you feel remorse and you care about how I feel."

"Well I promise you from now on I'll take the time out to listen to you." He smiled at her; glad she wasn't too angry with him.

"Good to hear." She smiled and hugged him.

"I need to tell you something."

"Ok." She said nervously, not sure if it would be good or bad.

"Ash, I really like you and I like spending time with you. I've been miserable these past few days without you around. I really missed you and it made me realize I don't want to lose you...even if that means we're just friends."

"I bet I missed you more." She smiled with a laugh.

"Impossible." He smiled back.

"Well just so you know I really like you too."

"Good, glad we're on the same page." He smirked looking at her coyly. ”So if I try to kiss you again you promise not to turn away?"

"I'm not kissing you after you kissed that skank." She said jokingly smacking his cheek, but with slight force. “Who knows what kind of diseases you picked up."

"Oh you're gonna get it." He said reaching to grab her waist. She ducked out of the way and took off running down the hallway.

"Gotta catch me first!" She called back to him.

Everyone peeked out of the room as Nick took off after her. They couldn't help but be nosy and follow.

"Come back here." He called after her. Ashley squealed as he caught up to her grabbing her and cornering her into the wall so she couldn't get away. "Gotcha." He said with a grin.

She caught her breath as she looked up at him and nervously bit her lip. Nick smirked at her and leaned in close, his lips hovering mere inches from hers.

"Make your move." He said hoping this time she wouldn't chicken out.

She knew this was her chance at redemption and she wasn't messing up again. She grabbed his collar and pulled his lips forcefully against hers.

The kiss was intense and passionate and Ashley could feel the butterflies rise in her stomach. His tongue slightly parted her lips as the kiss deepened and for a brief instant it felt like there was no one else in the world but them. Their lips lingered on one anothers for a more seconds, neither wanting the moment to end. They reluctantly pulled away and Nick rested his forehead against hers, taking in what had finally just happened.

"Wow." Ashley said breathless and still intoxicated by their kiss.

"Yeah." Was all Nick could think to say.

"That was..."

"Yeah." Nick said once again, as if reading her mind, pulling away just slightly to look into her eyes.

"It's about damn time!" Angel said with a laugh breaking the silence as the small spying crowd erupted into catcalls.

Ashley leaned her head against his chest as she felt the blush growing stronger in her cheeks. She was unaware of their little audience.

"You ok?" He asked noticing her blush.

"Yeah." She said, her head still in her chest. "Just didn't know they were all here."

"At least we put on a good show." He teased making her laugh.

"Show time guys." Their stage manager called out from down the hall.

"Guess that's my cue. We'll talk more later ok?" He said tilting her chin up to look in her eyes.

She nodded with a slight smile and hugged him. He leaned in to kiss her again but she put a finger up stopping him mid path.

"Always leave them coming back for more." She smirked at him.

"I'm holding you to that." He laughed before heading off for the stage.