- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
time for some much needed fun to ease the tension :) ENJOY! and please review
Ashley stared out the window of the tour bus as it drove down another long, dark, mostly deserted country road. They were on their way from Kansas to Colorado and it was another all night trek. Management had decided to travel overnight since they had a day off tomorrow and no one wanted to spend it on a bus. Ashley wasn’t complaining, she wasn’t too fond of the busses either. They were nice, but it was hard to feel at home with all the bumps and trucks passing by. The guys may have been used to it, but she certainly wasn’t.

She stifled a yawn as her computer chimed from its spot on the floor. She grabbed it and sat up straighter on the couch she was currently occupying.

“Hi stranger!” she said excitedly opening the video chat invitation. “Sorry I missed your call earlier, we had to rush to get our things together after the show so we could hit the road.

“It’s no problem, I saw your post about being bored, so I figured I’d try you again.” Jared said on the other end.

“What’s been going on? I feel like I haven’t talked to you in forever!” She said with exaggeration, knowing they had talked last week. Which for them was an eternity. “Did you start school yet?”

“Yea, we started last week, but this is our first full week of classes.”

“Sounds fun. Do you have a big course load again this semester?”

“Not too bad, 14 credits and a work study program, and Greg is in most of it with me, so we can team up on all the heavy reading assignments to make life easier.” He informed. Greg was a guy Jared had met his freshman year in the dorms. They hit it off right away and began dating soon after. He was perfect for Jared and Ashley was happy he was finally with someone who loved him.

“That’s awesome. I think I’m getting spoiled with this time off. I don’t know how I’m gonna get back into the swing of school come January. It’s gonna be a bitch.” Ashley laughed.

“You’ll be fine. You always kick ass at everything you do.” Jared reassured her. “So how have things been going over there? I saw the video your brother did, that was pretty cool of him.”

“Things have been better.” She smiled. “I was afraid that video would make things worse at first, but it seems to have got most people to shut up.”

“That’s good, but you’re doing better? Still smiling I hope?”

“Nick makes sure of it.” She laughed a little. “He’s just been really great and supportive. He’s honestly so amazing…” she trailed off. Just thinking of him put a smile on her face.

“Someone’s got it bad.” Jared teased.

“Shut up.” She laughed feeling the blush rise in her cheeks.

“I’m just glad you’re happy, it’s been a while since I saw that spark in your eyes.” He said sincerely.

“Thanks.” She smiled.

“So can the next month go by super fast so you can be back here again?”

“We’ll be in California in like four days.” Ashley laughed.

“But that’s barely for a day!” he pouted.

“You should come with us to Vegas after that!” Ashley said excitedly.

“I have school.”

“You’re coming to the show Thursday night, then on Friday we have a show in Arizona and Saturday we’ll be in Vegas…” she said checking the schedule she had on her computer. “Missing one day of class wont kill you!”

He was silent, but she could tell he was considering it.

“Greg can come too! Come on! It would be sooo much fun…think of all the trouble you me and Angel can get into.” She laughed.

“I’ll talk to Greg about it tomorrow, but I can’t make any promises.” He said starting to give in.

“Yay! This will be so much fun!” she said clapping excitedly.

“I haven’t said yes yet!” he reminded her. She gave him a look and he shook his head. “Oh who am I kidding, fine we will be there.”

“Hey, Ash do you know if we have any Advil or anything?” Nick said coming into the doorway, half asleep.

“Hey babe, I gotta go. Nick is up. We’ll plan more later. Can’t wait to see you!” she said waiving good bye.

“No problem, I need to get to bed anyway, tell Nick I said hi. Love you!”

“Love you more!” she said before hanging up the call and closing her computer. “I think I have some in my bag, you feeling ok?”

“Just a kink in my neck, think I rocked out a little too hard tonight.” He laughed as she handed him the bottle of aspirin. He retrieved a bottle of water from the front and made his way back into the room. “So we’re you talking to your other boyfriend?” he teased as he sat down on the couch.

“Aww damn, you caught me! I thought I could keep it a secret a little longer.” She laughed moving behind him so she could rub his neck. “It was just Jared, he just wanted to see how things were going.”

“Is he the one who has the crush on me?”

“He has Greg now, so sadly he’s moved on.” She laughed.

“Was it something I did?” Nick joked pretending to be hurt.

“No, he just knows that you’re all mine now and off limits.” She smirked and leaned around to kiss him before going back to the massage. “How does that feel?”

“Amazing…” he trailed off wincing a bit as she hit the knot. “It hurts, but keep going.”

“You sound like a virgin.” She giggled.

“You have a dirty mind.” He shook his head laughing.

“Umm do you see what I’m related to? Did you expect anything else?”

“Very true.” He laughed and pulled her back around to his lap. “So what do you want to do tomorrow?”

“It doesn’t matter to me. I figured you’d want to relax, catch up on sleep. I can entertain myself.” She shrugged.

“Oh yeah?” he said with a smirk.

“Now who has the dirty mind?” she shook her head with a laugh. “No but seriously.”

“What I really want to do is spend the day with you.” He said as he pushed some hair off her shoulder and began kissing her neck.

“I think I can pencil you in.” she giggled a little as his slight scruff tickled her. “What did you have in mind?”

“I don’t know, I may have some tricks up my sleeve.”

“Should I be scared?” she laughed.

“You’ll just have to wait and see.” He smirked.

A few hours later they pulled into the hotel lot. Ashley opened her eyes, as she felt the bus come to a stop. Sitting up she bumped her head on the top of the bunk. She had forgot that Nick persuaded her to lay down with him claiming he couldn’t sleep well with out her next to him. She knew it was a cheap ploy, but she couldn’t resist his pout. She silently cursed her lack of will power as she rubbed her head.

“Good job.” Nick teased through a yawn as he slipped out of the bunk and helped her down, before kissing the spot on her head and grabbing their things.

Looking out the window she saw the hotel. It wasn’t like the usual places they stayed at. ‘Cheyenne Mountain Resort, Colorado Springs.’ She read the large sign at the entrance. She was pretty sure this wasn’t where they were supposed to be, but she shrugged it off and followed Nick off the bus.

“Where’s everyone else?” she asked noticing there where no other busses around. She raised a brow as a coy smile formed on his face.

“I know how hard it’s been for us to really have some actual alone time, and after talking about going away the other day I didn’t want to wait. So since we have a day off I set it up for just us to come out tonight so that we have today all to our selves. No management bugging me, no brother bugging you.” He laughed a little. “Just me and you, alone. I know its only one day but…”

“That sounds like exactly what we need.” She interrupted him with a smile as she reached up to kiss him. “You’re amazing.”

“Oh, I’m just getting started.” He smirked and took her hand leading her towards the entrance. “I have some big shoes to fill after that first date.”

“An entire day away from everyone else is more then enough for me.” She smiled at him as he opened the door for her and followed her inside the vast main lobby. “Wow this place is gorgeous.”

He quickly checked them in and they made their way to the elevators. They rode to the top floor and she followed him to the end of a long hallway.

“The Executive Suite?” she raised a brow. “You know you don’t have to do all of this, right? I mean I’d be happy anywhere as long as we’re together.”

“I know I don’t have to, but that’s why I want to.” He kissed her before unlocking the door. “I just want you to know how special you are.”

“Stop making me blush.” She giggled slightly as she looked away. They walked inside and dropped their bags in the entrance way. “Holy crap this place is gorgeous. I might never want to leave.” She said as she walked around the large parlor and into the bedroom.

He smiled, glad she was happy and took her hand leading her across the room to a set of French doors.

“You haven’t seen the best part yet.” He covered her eyes and opened the door, guiding her out onto the balcony. He stood behind her as he uncovered her eyes revealing the most breathtaking view she had ever seen.

“Wow.” Was all she could say. The large mountain range seemed to stretch on for miles. The sun had just started to poke out from behind the tall peaks making the beams dance across the mountains. “And I thought the mountains in California were gorgeous, this is just so beautiful.”

“I know.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her waist taking in the view and the quiet with her for a few more moments. “I’ll be right back.”

She nodded as he slipped back into the room emerging a few minutes later with a bottle of champagne and two glasses.

“Champagne at six in the morning?” she laughed a little as he popped the cork and poured them each a bit.

“People drink it for breakfast all the time…” he shrugged with a chuckle. “Just pretend there’s orange juice mixed with it.”

“What are we cheering too?” she asked taking the glass from him and leaning back against the rail.

“How’s about to an awesome day full of surprises?” he smirked.

“More surprises?”

“I don’t know, you’ll just have to wait and see.” He said as they touched their glasses and sipped the champagne.

She just smiled at him and shook her head laughing at the smirk on his face before turning back to take in the view once more. She was lost in her thoughts, admiring the view, when she heard a clicking noise. She turned towards Nick with a giggle as she caught him taking a picture of her.

“What are you doing?” she laughed as he snapped another picture.

“I just want to get a picture of the two most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.”

“Boy, you’re really laying it on thick Carter.” She laughed shaking her head.

“I try.” He smirked.

“Do those cheesy lines ever work for you?”

“You tell me.” He said pulling her to him and into a deep kiss.

“Ok, maybe just a little.” She laughed biting her lip as he moved his kisses to her neck and shoulder.

“Only a little?” he asked in between kisses.

“Ok, maybe a lot.”

“That’s what I thought.” He said taking her hand and leading her back inside the room. “Come on, let’s take a nap.”

“A nap?” she questioned, knowing that was the last thing on his mind.

“Or something like that.” he said with a playful smirk before closing the doors leading outside and pulling her back to him.