- Text Size +
“Man seriously Bri and AJ what’s up with you two?” asked an annoyed Nick. The past few weeks AJ and Brian had been avoiding talking to each other and every time Brian gave any advice AJ would just roll his eyes.

“Why don’t you ask Saint Brian,” AJ said getting up from the chair he was sitting at.

“No one leaves this room till we solve this…or you two solve this.” Howie said with a stern voice blocking AJ from exiting.

“Fine, you want to know I’ll tell you,” AJ said looking straight at Brian who was just looking at the floor.

“AJ please,” Brian asked as he finally looked up at AJ. “I just need time,” he said quivering knowing well AJ was tired and he was going to talk no matter what.

“Time? Really? Oh come on Brian I have given you more than enough and you know well how hard it is for me to keep a secret. I would understand this from Nick or even me but you? No I’ve had enough…” he sighed and looked up at Howie. “I caught Brian and Josie kissing in Toronto and he told me it was just an accident. He told me that Josie was just tipsy and bullshit! The point is he is seeing Josie and the worse part is Leighanne knows nothing of this, shit she thinks so highly of Josie. If she only knew she was fucking her husband!” he said with frustration only to have Brian launch himself at him.

He felt anger as he heard AJ tell the rest of his friends, “NO…I have not slept with her you bastard,” he screamed at AJ as he launched himself at him giving him a good punch on his face.

“Stop this!” Howie said as he ran and pulled Brian away. “AJ how could you say such horrible lies about Brian?” AJ was lying he was sure out anyone Brian would never do that.

AJ picked himself up and wiped the blood off his lip, “He is with Josie and I saw him kissing her….swear I the holly bible you’re not romantically connected to Josie.” He demanded from Brian. “Come on Brian swear it!” he continued to scream at Brian.

“I am not sleeping with her…but you can say we’re more than friends.” He said looking down to the floor. “I don’t how it happened but I can’t…” he couldn’t finish his sentence when he felt Howie’s grip loosen and Howie back away from him. He felt horrible as he saw the looks on his friend’s faces.
“It’s true?” Nick asked Brian. “It can’t be true…Brian? I thought you said…” he sighed heavily and walked to AJ. “I’m with AJ on this one then.”

“I think we all are? What’s wrong with you Brian? What about Leighanne and Baylee? You need to straighten this out now or we will…” Howie told him for the first anger and disappointment heard on his voice. “Out of all us…you would be the last person to be accused about such thing and look?”

“Josie is not the right girl for you Bri,” AJ said.

“What but she is for you?” he asked looking up at AJ.

AJ looked at him with a surprise look, “What not no more if she is capable of ruining one my best friend’s life she’s worth shit! But if that was the case I AM SINGLE Brian!” He became angry at his comment if he was trying to sound like he had no fault his answers weren’t helping. “Look Brian I can’t keep this much longer you need to end this or I will go to Leighanne she doesn’t deserve this nor does you son!”

“You have to end this Brian,” Nick told him with a serious tone. “If not we will…”

“Do it the right way Brian before it’s too late and she has you in deeper shit, so you haven’t slept with her. But it won’t take her long to get you there; I’ve seen her flirt everyone has. I mean Fred? Hello?” Howie said sighing deeply.

“I’m scared…” finally he said and rubbed is hands on his hair. “I don’t know how to do it? I don’t want her I don’t I love Leighanne, but something just…” he couldn’t explain it but he was tormented.

“I know how it feels Brian but look what happened to me…” AJ told him finally walking toward him and hugging him. “If you need help just ask…”

“Yes we’ll fire her if we need too…” Nick said.

*******

Brian was nervous he didn’t know how Josie was going to react to this. But the guys were right he didn’t love her and he was only hurting the people he cared for. “Huh?” he asked Leighanne as he turned to look at her.

“What’s wrong?” she asked again as she sat beside him. “Want a massage?” she asked him as she began to rub his shoulders.

“Nothing I was just thinking about our life we are perfect right?” he asked her stopping her from her task. He made her face him, “You love me right?”

“What a stupid question Brian,” she kissed deeply. “I don’t think I can live without you…” she told him looking at him again. “Why are you asking me all this questions? Are you sick is something wrong?”

“No don’t worry I’m fine…it’s just I guess I haven’t really expressed how much I love and how much you mean to me. Baylee means so much to me too and I would die if I lost you both…” he told her as he caressed her face. “You know I would never lie to you right?”

“You haven’t so far…” she told him smiling she was really getting worried with this conversation. “Your worrying me Brian, just tell me what’s bugging you.”

“Leighanne…I don’t know how to tell…” he stopped talking as he heard the knock on the door.

Leighanne sighed and smiled… “We’ll talk later and I trust you hun,” she leaned in and kissed him one more time. “I’ll get it.”

He felt his heart hurt as he heard her words, “You shouldn’t,” he whispered after she left. He sighed heavily as he heard Josie and Baylee coming in. He needed to tell Leighanne first and then he would end it with Josie that way she couldn’t threaten him about telling his wife. Now he also needed to see how he was going to keep Baylee away from Josie.

********

“What?” Howie asked Brian with a quizzical look on his face. “Whatever Brian, you’re just making it worse.”

“No Howie, I will I just need time.” Brian said as he followed Howie to the stage.

“Look even if we don’t say anything…sooner or later the truth comes out.” Howie told him as she got his microphone.

“I know, I know,” Brian said as he turned around and saw who was coming.

“Hey guys,” Josie said as she walked up to Howie and Brian.

“Hey its just rehearsal Josie you don’t have to be here yet,” Brian said in frustration.

“I know I’m sorry I was bored so I thought I could come and watch you rehearse.” She gave Brian a sly smile.

“You mean watch Fred right?” Howie said with sarcasm. “I see up there,” he told Brian and with that left he couldn’t stand her anymore.

“What’s up with Howie?” Josie asked Brian she hugged him knowing no one was there to stop her from it. She reached up and kissed him only to have him push her, “what?”

“Not now Josie,” he grabbed his microphone and began to walk up to the stage.

“Brian good luck,” she told him and blew him a kiss. “See you later, and you might want to wipe the lipstick from you lips.” She gave him a sly smile and walked away.