- Text Size +
It didn’t take long for Brian to see the mysterious person running, without thinking about his safety he ran after her? “Stop, wait we won’t hurt you just stop ok…” he yelled as he felt Leighanne right behind him. He sighed in relief when the woman stop and they slowly approached her. He stopped in his step when he recognized the tattooed arms.

“Josie?” Leighanne asked startled to be face to face the one woman she did not want to see ever. “You are following my husband!”

Josie froze then and for once wanted to say that yes she was following Brian but in end why if Brian would only hate her more… “No no no,” Josie said stuttering. “I live here now and I was just walking here in the beach… I happen to wonder here. I don’t mean any harm. I have done enough to be destined to hell,” she bit her lip as she stared in fear of not being able to stop staring at Brian.

“I am supposed to believe that?” Brian said anger clear in his voice. “I warned you the time Josie… I would call the authorities.” His arm automatically finding Leighanne’s waist.

“I swear I was leaving when I realize who you two were,” Josie said finally looking up with anguish look.

“Oh don’t give us that stupid look Josie! You don’t deserve pity from us, especially me! I had trusted you and all along you kept putting us apart. Everything I confided in you told Brian in a twisted way making him doubt about my love for him…how could you? No wait you don’t have a heart… and Baylee what did you have to drag him into this? I was your friend,” Leighanne finished taking a step toward her ignoring Brian’s sudden tighten grip.

“I never said I was nice! But I do regret after my actions now that I’ve seen what it has caused…but that doesn’t stop the feelings I have your hus…I mean Brian. I am being honest today though I am leaving and you won’t see me again. I tried to be good and be your friend Leighanne god knows I tried to push away the yearning I had for Brian because of you and Baylee. Time is all I want know to yank him out of my heart, please let me go.” She said a little on guard after Leighanne’s sudden forwardness.

“I – leave now!” Brian said looking away from Josie’s intense stare. He hated her but he also felt sorry for her. “Let’s sweetie,” he said to his wife on purpose kissing her on the lips.

“Yeah lets go, stay away I won fair and square. You had many chances to change his mind but he never took them. Josie if you come near my family again you will see the naughty side of me…” Leighanne said before she followed her husband’s persistent pulling back to where they had just been.

“Yes you won fair and square,” Josie said bitterly and turned to walk the opposite way.

********

Leighanne had allowed Brian to drive back to Kevin’s she was just to mad to think about driving. “I should’ve punched her or something I wanted too.”

Brian smiled and spoke, “that would’ve been a nice scene but…remember revenge is not for us to take in our own hands. Now if you want to use your naughty side on me well…” he grinned at her.

Leighanne laughed at his comment, “Hmmm… I’ll think about it.” She told him taking one of his hands in hers. “I love you… and I won’t loose you. Your mine.”

Brian smiled and looked at her one more time, “I love you and you won’t loose me. I’ve learned my lesson Leighanne.” He shivered as Leighanne’s words claiming him echoed in his head.

She smiled at him and as he continued to drive…she had new plans brewing her head now about what exactly she had to do so that she won’t be in danger of ever loosing him. Leighanne was determined this time to protect her family. “Looks like they are already home,” she said breaking the silence.

“Yeah…” Brian said eyeing his wife. “You ok? I want you to know that I am just as upset as you are about her…showing up. I love you and only you.”

“I’m fine now,” she told him leaning in to kiss him on the mouth first lightly but then very passionate.

*******

“I’m a little nervous,” Leighanne said as she stepped out of the elevator with Brian beside her.

“Oh come on its just Nick, AJ and Howie.” Brian said lightly rubbing her arm up and down.

“Yeah but I wasn’t so nice with Nick the last time or the rest for not telling me about…” she trailed off not wanting to remember that.

“Beside its going to be short meeting to arrange the flights and all that good about the tour for Latin America. I should learn some Spanish,” he said making her a funny face to lighten up the mood. “The guys understand,” he finally said

“It still is nerve wrecking,” Leighanne said stopping to fix Brian’s hair. “There much better,” she told him.

“I love you,” he whispered into her ear as they stood in front the glass doors where his friends sat waiting just for them. He opened the door for her and walked behind her. “Hello,” he said as the all eyes were on them.

“Leighanne,” Nick said going to her for a hug. “Glad to see you.”

“Yeah we are,” AJ said also going for a hug.

“Leighanne I guess I should have a hug too,” Howie said hugging after AJ and then he spoke, “Leigh and I are expecting…she is excited to share that with you.”

“What? Wow congratulations Howie,” Leighanne said turned to Brian… “You didn’t tell me?”

“Well Howie wanted to tell you so I just had to obey.” He smiled at his wife… “You have to give Leigh good tips on the whole pregnancy thing.”

“Well we can talk more about this later we have tour to plan,” Jenn said as she walked into the room hugging Leighanne. “I’m glad to you see you again and happy.” She told her as she handed the guys some documents. “You’re joining us in south America?”

“Yes she is,” Brian said smiling, god had allowed him to get a second chance and he was going to make it a good one.

**********

“Thanks for coming with me,” Leigh told Leighanne as the walked inside the mall.

“No problem I missed our little shopping trips. So do you know what you want to have?” Leighanne asked her smiling.

“I don’t care as long as she or he comes out healthy.” She laughed as she touched her still unnoticeable bump. “I think Howie would like a boy though…he is so excited. I just hope everything goes well I am a little nervous with the whole pregnancy thing.”

“Don’t worry you will soon see how wonderful it is and you get to eat whatever you want without worrying about looking fat,” Leighanne said with a smirk on her face. “Unless Howie is the one to get the cravings that is…” she laughed louder, “imagine Howie eating the pickles and ice cream? All the odd cravings you get…I can just imagine his face.”

“Yeah that would be a very interesting scene,” Leigh said. “How are you though? I know this must have been a difficult choice.”

Leighanne sighed, “Well it was and at one point was determined to let him go but then I realized I loved him to much too just give up like that and Baylee needs his daddy.”

“Leighanne he loves you too. I saw the pain this caused him too he blamed himself a lot and the truth is that all this really is Josie’s fault. She’s the one to covet,” Leigh said smiling as she saw the food court. “It’s smells good, my smell sensors have sky rocketed since I learned I was pregnant.”

Leighanne laughed, “yeah that will go on through the whole pregnancy, lets go see what we can find to eat,” they walked in silence, she was still smiling because in a way Leigh was right Josie was the one to want her husband when she knew he was not available.

********

Brian carried a sleeping Baylee in his arms, this felt right… “Are you ok?” he asked his quiet wife

“Yeah I’m fine just wondering when we will begin our effort to conceive Kimberly.” Leighanne laughed shyly as she opened the door to there hotel room.

Brian’s smiled brighten, “I guess we can start tonight and then we will be in South America where the weather and ambience should help,” he said as he put Baylee in his bed.

“You look so cute with Baylee in your arms,” Leighanne told him kissing his cheek.

“Wait till you see me with Kimberly in my arms,” he said wrapping his arms around her.

Leighanne giggled and kissed her husband, “So we are seriously we’re trying to get pregnant?”

“Yes…unless you are not ready?” Brian said a little worried.

“No I think we can start to try,” she told him capturing his lips with hers.