Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for May 2008 - A Forgotten Nightmare by Lenni  (Read 9932 times)

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....

so I have a turtles related question for you since I am clueless. Do they have ages or were they all born at the same time? I mean when I was in high school I had a turtle but he wasn't a ninja and he smelled really bad. He was a cute little thing though.

In the cartoon, I believe TMNT is all the same age - they were fifteen. But if I remember correctly, we made them 18 in our fic - lol. So, yeah, the TMNT are all the same age. The only old one is Master Splinter - haha.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

thanks for answering that Lenni. So, tell people who may not be familiar with the whole TMNT thing what it's all about. Who are they, why do you enjoy writing about them and tell us which turtle you think would resemble each of the boys and why. That might help get some people who are unfamiliar with this genre to want to read. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

thanks for answering that Lenni. So, tell people who may not be familiar with the whole TMNT thing what it's all about. Who are they, why do you enjoy writing about them and tell us which turtle you think would resemble each of the boys and why. That might help get some people who are unfamiliar with this genre to want to read. :)

*big grin* you're lucky I love to ramble about both topics - lol.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are just that - mutated turtles who train as ninjas. Master Splinter is their rat Sensei who is from Japan. He was the pet of his Hamato Yoshi, until the Shredder murdered Yoshi & his wife, Tang Shen, because Shen loved Yoshi & not him. Crime of passion, if you will. Splinter attacked, & scratched up Shredder's face pretty good, hence why he wears that mask. [Lol - hence why tmnt calls him Shred-Head & Metal-Head] Anyways, Tang Shen & Yoshi were killed in New York City, as that's where they'd fled too, to escape Shredder & some bad ninjas. Splinter ended up down in the sewers & one day came across four baby turtles, who were swimming in some green glowing ooze. He rescued them and dried them off & the next day they'd all grown. Splinter knew no one would ever accept them & he knew the turtles were intelligent [Mikey's first word was Pizza-lol] & he began to train them as ninjas - he'd learned from his cage, while watching his Master Yoshi. Eventually, they get older & the turtles are allowed topside for their first mission. Their job is to remain unseen - they're ninjas after all! Their first mission results with them saving April O'Neil, which is how they meet her - they save her from thugs, & such. First movie, it's thugs & The Foot Soldiers [Shredder's army] & in the new cartoons, it was from Baxter Stockman. It all depends on which cartoon/movie you watch really. And which comic book you read. But that's pretty much the gist of it all.

Anyways, Splinter names the turtles after renaissance artists - Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, & Michaelangelo.
Leonardo's the noble leader & the others have nicknamed him "Fearless Leader" or just "Fearless". He's calm, passionate, rational, and a born leader. He's also the oldest. He argues with Raph quite a bit as well, as he expects Raph to obey his every command - he forgets Raph's his brother, not his minion.
Donatello is the brain of the bunch, earning him the nickname "Brainiac". He loves gadgets, computers - anything he can take apart & fix basically. He's very intelligent, calm, quiet, and maybe a little shy. He's also the pacifier of the four.
Michaelangelo is the youngest. He's the goofball of the turtles. He loves to laugh, joke, prank, read comics, play video games, & eat pizza. He goofs off when it comes to ninjitsu at times, but when it comes down to it, he can fight amongst the best of them [he even won an award for his skills in the new series - Raph was sooo mad when Mikey beat him - haha]. He is a bit naive and gullible at times, and other times he's as smart as anyone of his brothers. The others usually sort of look out for him, the way Kevin, Howie, Brian, & A.J. look out for Nick. He's also best friends with Raphael.
Ah, Raphael, my favourite turtle of the bunch. He's hot-tempered, sarcastic, unruly, unpredictable, and a realist. He knows people topside will never accept them [well, most won't---stupid prejudice jerks-lol], and that angers him. He wants to be accepted, but knows it'll never happen, so that sort of stems his anger. Though his temper tends to get the best of him [he almost seriously hurt Mikey once 'cause he  lost control], he still manages to get the job done. And he loves his brothers, though he's usually much too tough to admit him. He especially looks out for Mikey, though he always acts like the turtle in orange [Mikey] annoys him to no end & he enjoys picking on him [don't all brothers? Lol.] & such, he still cares a great deal for him. He's said so in not so many words a few times. He also fights quite a bit with Leo, because he resents not being chosen as leader - but he's much too hot-tempered for the job & much too impulsive. He doesn't exactly always think things through.   

I enjoy writing about them, because as a kid they were my imaginary friends. They got me through things when I was feeling down. I've loved them since I was three-years-old & never stopped. To me, they're like the BSB of cartoons. :D [Though, the Chipmunks aren't too far behind & neither is Jonathan Taylor Thomas-lol] So, obviously, that means I daydream about them quite a bit as well - lol.

As for which BSB would be which turtle - well, because of the last movie, my views have changed slightly since I wrote Backstreet Turtles [yes, I made BSB the TMNT - lol]. Back then, Kevin was Leo, Howie was Splinter, Brian was Raph, A.J. was Donnie, & Nick was Mikey. Kevin was Leo because they're both leaders [& 'cause Kevin played Leo at Disney World]. Howie was Splinter, because they both keep the peace as best they can. Brian was Raph because they're my faves & I'd read somewhere that Brian has a bad/quick temper sometimes. A.J. was Donnie because I remember  Denise saying A.J.'s passionate & can be shy at times or something like that. And Nick was Mikey because they're the youngest.

Now, because of the last movie, some of my views on this have changed. I still believe Kevin is Leo for the leadership qualities, & because they both can get bossy at times. And Nick is still Mikey to me [I swear at some points Mikey in the new movie looked like Nick! Lol], because they both love pranks, to joke, Nintendo, comics, & pizza. There's just too many similarities there for them not to be one another.

Now, onto Raph & Donnie - they sorta threw me for a loop in the new movie. Brian can be either one, as in the new movie Donnie shared a few good jokes with Mikey & such. It was just like the whole Frick 'n' Frack thing, but TMNT style. Brian could also be Raph because again, they're both my faves - but also because they both stand up for what they believe & they're not afraid to do so - no matter who disagrees with them, they stick to their guns. Howie this time, is kinda squashed in sharing the role of Donnie with Brian because Donnie was witty & tried to keep the peace at times & because I think they're both intellectuals. A.J., well, he was Raph this time - just the whole rebel thing. Both of them seem to try to hide the fact that they care more than they let on - though, A.J. seems to have gotten much better at it. I think that part of him can be classified as Donnie again - seems Donnie's getting a lot of love this time around - lol.

Well, there's my take on it all! hope I haven't bored you all to death with my mini novel here - lol. But, like I said before I began, I love to ramble about these two topics. :D

~Lenni~
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off

^ You know, I always thought of it as Kevin was Splinter because they were both super-serious and perfectionists . They were both sort of the leaders of the group (more so even than Leo). And they both like to pick on the youngest one.

Brian was Leo because he kind of stuck up for Mikey a lot when everyone got on his case, like Brian does with Nick. He was also the daddy of the group, nurturing more so than Kevin/Splinter. Also, Leo is blue and that's Brian's favorite color.  :P Seriously, though, Leo is the first one to admit that he cares, and Brian seems to have no problem admitting his love for his brothers. But truthfully, Brian was always the hardest one for me to match up with the turtles.

Howie was Donnie because they both are shy and sensitive. They also both value their families. They both also tend to be the the peace makers in the group. And they both try to rationalize things and think things through.

AJ was Raph because they both tend to like to live life the way they see it. Neither one of them feels they should have to compromise their lifestyles and the things they love just to appease others. And, of course, the whole rebelling thing.

And Nick, was, of course, Mikey because there is just no way he could be anyone else. Mikey and Nick had to have been twins separated at birth, they are so similar. Pizza, video games, movies, comics... need i say more?

But that was just my opinions. You actually made sense, though. hmmm...
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

^ You know, I always thought of it as Kevin was Splinter because they were both super-serious and perfectionists . They were both sort of the leaders of the group (more so even than Leo). And they both like to pick on the youngest one.

Brian was Leo because he kind of stuck up for Mikey a lot when everyone got on his case, like Brian does with Nick. He was also the daddy of the group, nurturing more so than Kevin/Splinter. Also, Leo is blue and that's Brian's favorite color.  :P Seriously, though, Leo is the first one to admit that he cares, and Brian seems to have no problem admitting his love for his brothers. But truthfully, Brian was always the hardest one for me to match up with the turtles.

Howie was Donnie because they both are shy and sensitive. They also both value their families. They both also tend to be the the peace makers in the group. And they both try to rationalize things and think things through.

AJ was Raph because they both tend to like to live life the way they see it. Neither one of them feels they should have to compromise their lifestyles and the things they love just to appease others. And, of course, the whole rebelling thing.

And Nick, was, of course, Mikey because there is just no way he could be anyone else. Mikey and Nick had to have been twins separated at birth, they are so similar. Pizza, video games, movies, comics... need i say more?

But that was just my opinions. You actually made sense, though. hmmm...

You made quite a bit of sense too....hmm.... .Lol. I can see Kevin as Master Splinter, for the reasons you stated - I just never looked at it that way before - lol. I can picture all of what you said in my head, & it makes sense.....But, I've no time at the moment to sit here & second guess my reasoning-lol. But I loved your reasoning!

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Thanks for the detailed explanation Lenni. I really never got into the Turtles back when I was a kid. I blame the talking rat, but just hearing about the Mikey one, I always did picture Nick being like him.

Because this isn't BSB i'm having a hard time coming up with questions for you so I apologize lol

What is your favorite chapter in this story and why?

Do you have a favorite line or quote from your story?

Do you find it hard to write about talking turtles? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

S'alright that you can't think of many. I know most y'all never really stray from BSB fiction....:)

What is your favorite chapter in this story and why? Um...My fave chapter is 'Not Strong 'Nough Yet' because that's mostly Raphael & Marie. :D I love my Raphie moments! Lol.

Do you have a favorite line or quote from your story? Good question....*racks brain*....."You should've told someone you were sick," Leo said but his reprimand was more out of concern than anger. He helped her onto the couch while she tried to get away, not wanting to admit that she was sick." - this part is my fave 'cause Leo's being a caring older brother, & not the bossy leader. There's more to this part, but I don't wanna give it all away - lol.

Do you find it hard to write about talking turtles? lol. Nope, I don't find it hard at all! Though, I find it extremely hard to try & write about talking Chipmunks - lol. But to me, TMNT is like BSB, so they're both easy enough. :D

~Lenni~

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

Just curious.....bu t has anyone read even a little bit of this story?

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Lenni you know I love you but, no I haven't. We all know this spiel of mine but I hardly read anymore and I just can't get myself to read about talking turtles, no matter how much I tell myself that they might be kind of BSB-ish. That's why I give you credit for thinking outside the box and just writing things that would make you happy. Do you post this story on FFnet as well? I bet if you did you'd get a ton of reviews.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium

I'm reading it Lenni!  And I agree with Mare, if you haven't already you should definitely post this on FF.net! 
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

I've up to I think chapter four posted over on ff.net. I've a bunch of other stories over on ff.net too - mostly TMNT, but there are some other non-BSB ones too. And they get reviews every once in a while, despite the fact I've sort of gone M.I.A. over there, 'cause my co-writer was busy with school. But, hopefully, she'll log online one of these days, as promised, and we'll get back into our writing mode. :)

I knew most people here prolly wouldn't read TMNT, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Lol. I can't force TMNT on people, like y'all can't force Hanson & Supernatural fics on me - I read what sounds interesting [& some of them Supernatural ones are pretty interesting - though, I've never seen the show-lol].

I love being out of the box! Yay! Much more air out here - lol.

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL yes much more air outside the box. I need to venture out there one day.

Okay more Oprah questions for you.

Which of the 5 Turtles do you think you resemble most in real life?

What made you decide to add the female turtles into your story?

How important is a villian in this type of story, is there a villian?

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

Which of the 5 Turtles do you think you resemble most in real life? Um....Prolly Rina. She's sort of the quiet one & she holds her anger & feelings in, though maybe Mikey too since he likes to make people laugh. I've sort of a little bit of all the main turtles in me, & then bits of the ones we created.

What made you decide to add the female turtles into your story? We thought it'd be cool, & a change from the other TMNT fic we're still co-writing. Besides, it's fun to be their little sisters! :D Trust me on that one - lol.

How important is a villian in this type of story, is there a villian? Very important! If there's no villian, the stories would prolly be a bit boring. I mean, what sense is there to writing about ninjas, if they never get to use their ninjitsu? Yanno? And yes, there are villains!

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Aww okay well one step further for the turtle question then, did you model Rina after yourself? And I noticed in alot of your story summaries you have the guys have younger sisters. What is your reasoning behind that? I know for me I have always yearned for a big brother secretly or any brother I guess. lol

Also, since TMNT is a cartoon, have you ever considered making drawings to go along with your stories? Like a comic strip?

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

To tell you the truth, Marietta is actually my character. In fics, I like to be the loud rebellious one, since in reality I'm the quiet one [though I'm rambling a bit more now since I started working-lol]. In reality, I'm more passive & such - but my character, Marietta is wild, & loud, & giggly [I am giggly], & hot-headed - but she cares about her family more than anything [though, sometimes other things seem to cloud that line of thinking for her].

I always give people little sisters, because, like you, I've always wanted an older brother. I always wanted someone older to look-out for me & care for me & love me like most big brothers seem too - well, the ones I envision anyway. :) I always wanted someone I could tackle randomly & get a free piggy back ride from....but, alas, I never got that. Kind of hard to get that when I'm the oldest in the family....& I don't see cousins very often [& they're mostly all girls anyway - haha].

As for drawing pictures - well, I made that graphic for this fic using my hair & two different pix of Leonardo - lol. I've drawn a couple pictures of the main four turtles, but they're not very good. And for my one TMNT fic, I got someone else to draw pictures for me, though you can't post pix on fanfiction.net - Grr.

~Lenni~

Pages: 1 [2] 3