Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for May 2008 - A Forgotten Nightmare by Lenni  (Read 9931 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

So here we are in May already and this month goes to our most beloved reviewer on Chaos and the one who is most likely to leave you lot's of !!!!!!!!!!!!!! in reviews.

This is also the first time we are featuring a non BSB fic. This one is a TMNT fic so I hope some of you give it a try.

As always i'll be in and out this month as Oprah :)

Here's the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/admin.php?action=featured&feature=8457

Congrats Lenni and enjoy!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the turtles in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium

Yay!! TMNT!!  Congrats Lenni!  *Runs off to read*
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squeals n jumps for joy n throws confetti!* I KNEW I was having a good day!!!!! I just KNEW it!!!!!!!! Lol.  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Gosh, I am uber stoked! Haha! Now, let's see if I can answer these questions - Daydream won't be answering 'cause she's super busy with college & is pretty much never online long - lol. But, I'll let her know! :)

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows? Hmm....Oh! It's actually a sequel to a non finished TMNT fic - lol.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story? Couple months, if I remember correctly. Not sure - time sort of flew, & this is like the only one of about five or six we've finished - lol.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in. *blanks momentarily*.....[insert jeopardy music here-lol]......An evil man hiding behind his intelligence, which he can't see past, tries to cause harm to the turtle clan after discovering them. He almost succeeds because of one young, hot-headed turtle who decides vengeance is more important than honor. 

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why? Um...I'm not sure, since usually TMNT is people in costumes or animated. Maybe the same people who did the latest TMNT movie - not sure of their names though - lol. [boy, I ain't sure of much am I? haha]

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it? Nope, never wanted to give up on it - I wanted to jump right on into the sequel I got cooked up in my head for it, but we switched ideas all together & started another new one, instead of working on the one that's supposed to go before this one - haha.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol): We took turns writing a few paragraphs. We'd write until we'd get stuck, then tell the other it was her turn - it was written up on aim. :)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why? Marietta & Raph 'cause I am biased to my own character & absolutely love Raphael. But, I also love Rembrandt & his childlike innocence to everything! :)

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite? Um...the evil head scientist 'cause he was a jerk - though, we needed a bad guy - lol.

9) Are all the turtles in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them? Yes, yes they are!!!! We couldn't very well leave one out! Heck, we added a couple more!!! Lol. We needed our brothers!!!!! :) [finally got that older brother I always wanted, but never got - lol]

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol: Hmm....*thinks*....I think you'd love the Rama series. It's written by Ramica over on fanfiction.net & her Rama series is freakin' Awesome!!!!! To me, she's like the Mare/Honey of TMNT fan fiction!!!! I love others too, but I've re-read her series the absolute most!!!!

Really hope y'all enjoy this fic!!!! I promise to keep updating it! It is finished, just not all posted yet - I was waiting on more reviews - lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

I'm gonna check it out but first I must ask... how can you have a sequel to a story that isn't finished? lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

I'm gonna check it out but first I must ask... how can you have a sequel to a story that isn't finished? lol

Very easily. Trust me. Lol. I've done that before - written a story, then wrote a prequel but never finished it - lol. Same story also has a sequel which still isn't finished - haha. Actually, it's two prequels - someone else is writing the one - lol.

And the idea for the sequel just sort of struck us out of nowhere - & like I've said, we've sorta an idea for the 3rd part of the series, but I doubt it'll be written anytime soon, since I'm still waiting on my co-author to send me her half of a chapter for one of the other TMNT stories we're writing. She's always off somewhere or doing college stuff - I'm hoping once summer starts, I'll finally get her half of the next chapter, so I can write my half & post it - lol.

~Lenni~
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

okay Lenni a few OPrah questions for you

1. why Ninja Turtles?

2. What is easier t write for you? real person fiction like BSB stuff or the other stuff like TMNT and Law and Order etc...

3. Did you base this story off of an episode?

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

G'day Oprah! I didn't know you write fan fiction - Lol.

1. why Ninja Turtles? Because I have loved them since I was three years-old! 21yrs, Dude!

2. What is easier t write for you? real person fiction like BSB stuff or the other stuff like TMNT and Law and Order etc... I think it depends on what mood I'm in & what mode I am in. Usually though, TMNT gets mentioned in my BSB fiction & BSB gets mentioned in my  TMNT fiction-lol.  Sometimes BSB is easier to write & sometimes TMNT is. And Law & Order - depends on how good the episode I watched on Tuesday was & if it struck any inspiration for my story. But, basically, like I said, it all depends really.

3. Did you base this story off of an episode? Nope, not based off any episode. I don't remember any crazy scientists in the cartoons - though, I know there's always some in TMNT fan fiction - lol. I think Daydream sorta thought the idea up & we ran with it like crazy! Like I said before, this is the only TMNT fic we've actually finished - lol.

Yes, I am laughing lots - I laugh easily & am in a good mood for no apparent reason. :)

~Lenni~

MonkeyAbu

Yes, I am laughing lots - I laugh easily & am in a good mood for no apparent reason. :)

You have every reason to be in a good mood Lenni! You're the featured author this month! Congrats by the way! ;D I will try to get to reading some of AFN starting tomorrow (the first of two days off from work! :))

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

You have every reason to be in a good mood Lenni! You're the featured author this month! Congrats by the way! ;D I will try to get to reading some of AFN starting tomorrow (the first of two days off from work! :))

Being featured fic of the month is why I keep squealing - lol.  :D

I hope you enjoy it! I'm off work tomorrow too; & Monday. Then I work Tuesday-Saturday - lol. So if I don't answer right away, blame work! :)

~Lenni~

MonkeyAbu

I hope you enjoy it! I'm off work tomorrow too; & Monday. Then I work Tuesday-Saturday - lol. So if I don't answer right away, blame work! :)

Ah, I see we are on the same schedule. Although, I don't suppose you work overnight shifts Fridays and Saturdays?

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

No, we close at 9pm on week days & 6pm on Saturday & 5pm on Sunday. :)

~Lenni~

MonkeyAbu

Lucky you. Although I suppose I should have asked what kinda job you had before I assumed there was a chance you had to suffer through overnights. LoL. Sorry, I think I may have briefly hijacked the topic. *smacks hand* Bad Ashley! :-\

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium

Lucky you. Although I suppose I should have asked what kinda job you had before I assumed there was a chance you had to suffer through overnights. LoL. Sorry, I think I may have briefly hijacked the topic. *smacks hand* Bad Ashley! :-\

I helped hijack it - lol.

Didja get a chance to read yet??? Lol.

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

so I have a turtles related question for you since I am clueless. Do they have ages or were they all born at the same time? I mean when I was in high school I had a turtle but he wasn't a ninja and he smelled really bad. He was a cute little thing though.

Pages: [1] 2 3