Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I have no idea where to put this, so....  (Read 3954 times)

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
I have no idea where to put this, so....
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:41:32 AM »

It's time for me to say goodbye.

This is a hard post to write. I've been a member of AC since August 2005 and, for the most part, it's been a fun ride. I have made friends that I am grateful for, as well as meeting the person with whom I was destined to become a soul sister with. I have read tons of stories - some wonderful, some okay, some that I hope to never read again - and received feedback for the stories I wrote (some wonderful, some okay, some that I wish I'd never written).

I once loved writing on Absolute Chaos. However, now the politics and cliques have gotten to a point where I cannot stick around anymore. There has become a general attitude by some that 'I am better than everyone else', and, frankly, that's not the atmosphere that is best for writers, be they newcomers or longtime authors.

So, thanks for the good times.

--shrinkingviolet

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: I have no idea where to put this, so....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 11:09:30 AM »

Hey hon,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, and I hate to see you go, but good luck in whatever you do from here on out. Even if you leave AC, I hope you don't stop writing. (It's good for ya.  ;)) Best of luck and if you ever do decide that you miss it here, don't be afraid to come back.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:11:17 AM by honey »
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »

You and I don't know each other very well, but it's always sad to see someone go :( Like Kelly said, I hope you keep writing even if it's not on here.  *hugs*
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:44:41 AM »

Josie,

I am sad to see you go, but I must say I cannot understand your reasoning. You're not on often, and everyone here is pretty welcoming. But by not being here often, how can you be included? I know I for one tried to include you, so did others, and invited you to do stuff, and you were the one who kept pulling out. So I just don't understand it is all. And what do you mean the politics? And people saying they're better? Cause no one has ever said that. As for the "clique" thing, by never really joining convos, or speaking up if you felt it was cliquish, no one would know for one, and it would be partly your own fault. That's all. I'm just trying to understand. 

Keep writing, and if you ever want to come back, feel welcome.

I wish you the best.  :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:57:30 PM »

To speak furthur on what Rose touched on... the majority of writers on AC right now are brand new. Many of the "oldies" have either died off, or don't update nearly as much. So where are these people pretending to be better than others? If anything those of us who have been around for a while have been doing a lot to help out the new ones who aren't confident in their writing. To me that's not a bad atmosphere, but to each their own.

We have rarely seen you on this board, so obviously those of us who are on here regularly to share our writing, and our histories will have bonded more than we would with people who neither visit the boards often, or update on AC often. You never seemed as if you felt left out when you did post, if anything you were completely involved in the threads you were active in.

Given that we haven't seen much of you since around March, I'm not sure why you felt an exit post was required if not just to try and have people "convince" you to stay.

If you still feel it necessary to depart then best of luck to you, sorry to see you go, but I think it has more to do with your own decisions than it does with the rest of us.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:19:23 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 04:22:30 PM »

Hey-

I'm still kind of a "newbie" compared to a lot of others here and I don't know that I have ever really "talked" with you at all, but I wish you the best. I agree with those that advised you to keep writting, it's a good way to vent or just escape. I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better. Good luck. *waves*

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 10:16:16 PM »

I think drama should be reserved for forums like LD.  I like AC drama-free (minus the occasional fanfic debate on the debate board, of course! :D).
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 10:33:15 PM »

I didn't think debates even counted as drama?  :-\ A debate is a debate...unles s there's hair pulling...then it's drama, lol.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 10:36:31 PM »

It seems as though we actually have very little forum drama here.  It makes me happy :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 10:40:44 PM »

I can't say that I have personally witnessed any.  :-\

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 10:57:19 PM »

^ I could start some for ya...  :D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 11:01:47 PM »

nope...it's cool. I'm happy the way things are...all friendly and shit!  ;)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 03:27:07 AM »

aww, but I can be really good at drama if I have to be.    Ok, that's not really true. I run from drama like it's the plague and I'm way too fluffy to be good at drama. (until one day it all catches up to me and I explode like the red head that I am... but that's not drama when that happens, thats just scary.)

hehe "all friendly and shit"... I don't know why, but that made me laugh and it reminded me of Cindy. (my most notorious character.)

anyhoo, I guess I wont start nothin, just for you. Instead I'll just send out lots of happy fluffy friendly vibes... lots of rainbows and bunnies and stuff. (most of them sent priority express to julilly cause she loves me when I do that, and of course some of them have to be thrown at Sarah, cause you know, karma and all!  ;))

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 03:28:30 AM »

^ wow somebody took an extra happy pill tonight! I'll stop now.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 05:11:59 AM »

Aww, I'm sorry you feel this way, and it's sad to see you leave. :( I've read stories by you, and although I never reviewed any of your stories, I've enjoyed the ones I've read. I understand you're leaving AC, but I hope this doesn't mean that you'll stop writing. You're one helluva writer, so please don't stop that. I wish you the best though.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me
Pages: [1] 2