Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for June 2008 - Why i'd do it all Again by Mare  (Read 66367 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

popping in really quick to say congrats Mare! But I don't have a mouthful yet to say, well I do, I just don't have the time to post it all right now.

All I will say, is that I FINALLY started reading this one just like last week and have seriously fallen in love with it!

If you haven't checked it out yet, which most of the AC veterans probably have because I swear I'm the last one finally getting around to it. (yes Mare, it's ok to smite me for being slow), but to all the newbies, this is worth the read! Go check it out!

And I'll be back with lots more to say! I've been quiet in the feature thread for a while now. I guess it's high time I cause a ruckus again.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Personally I think you came off really well as Brian Mare.

Okay, Here's another question, when it came to writing Paris and her perspective, what made you decide to have Nick as....what's the word, okay, clingy as he was to her and so reluctant to let her go?

Oh and another, what gave you the idea to have AJ and Nick actually share a place in the story?

What was your favorite scene to write?

What is your favorite line from the story?

Told ya I'd be Oprah later today lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..

Congrats Mare!
I absolutely love this story to death!!
I too will be back with Oprah-like questions later!!
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Oh, good. I'm glad that was an okay question, and I agree with you. I like the not-with-Leighanne Brian lol He's the reason I fell in love with the Boys way back when.

Another question: How did you come up with the idea to write this story? What made you want to tell the NG story?

I read this question last night but had to sleep through to figure out the answer and then it dawned on me, that is was all VH1's fault.

I was so horribly disappointed in their Behind the Music they did on the guys it made me want to document things myself lol Seriously, they didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. Brian had heart surgery, the guys were jerks about it, Howie's sister died, blah blah blah we knew all that.

There was SO much they could have touched upon but didn't especially all the drama with Nick during the solo time and what really happened during Aj's rehab. So I pretty much decided what I wanted to do was write something in real time-ish about them going into the studio again after all that drama because there was SO much drama back then I always thought it would make a great story.

*kicks VH1*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

*sings* I just want you to know, That I've been fighting to let you. Some days I make it through, and then there's nights that never end. I wish that I could believe, That there's a day you'll come back to me. But still I have to say, I'd do it all again. Just want you to know....

That help any??? Though, I had to get help for the second half of the chorus - I drew a blank - haha!!!!!

And....in retrospect to the whole Paris Hilton thing - you did what all them news people did - you focused on the relationship & how crazy it was, but unlike them, you showed it from Nick's point of view - very nicely, I may add. :D

~Lenni~

LOL thanks Lenni, that really did help. I can't tell you how many times I have sung along with that song and never even realized my title was in there. Probably because in my mind it has always come from Memories.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Personally I think you came off really well as Brian Mare.

Okay, Here's another question, when it came to writing Paris and her perspective, what made you decide to have Nick as....what's the word, okay, clingy as he was to her and so reluctant to let her go?

Oh and another, what gave you the idea to have AJ and Nick actually share a place in the story?

Told ya I'd be Oprah later today lol.

Thanks Rose! I shall answer the Nick question now, the others I will have to actually think about. lol

I made Nick clingy because I really feel like that's how he would be. I have always thought there is this very vulnerable, child like side to him and we have all seen the child like part but in interviews and things he says about relationships that, I don't know, for me I think he is the type of boyfriend that if he really is invested in you 100% and I think he was with Paris, he would be the type to do whatever that person wanted. He'd want to be with them 24/7 and would be scared to lose them.

Again, that's just how it looked to me. He seemed really into their relationship and i'm sure she played mind games with him about how he was nothing without her, because sadly, I think that is who she is.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ oh and the AJ and Nick question, in an interview One of them briefly mentioned that they were staying together when they first got to LA so I decided to play off that idea and make them actual roomies! LOL

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Man, Rose, I'm afraid we'll run out of questions for Mare if we ask them all in the first week lol

But awesome answers, Mare! And I definitely agreed with you on the whole Behind the Music thing. They totally kept all the controversy out of the story, which completely detracted from what we all REALLY wanted to know. I'm glad we got this story out of your frustration from that, though, so YAY for crappy VH1! lol
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL I was so angry with that special I think I actually yelled at the TV! And I know, I was thinking about that too. I love the quesitons though. Maybe you guys should be everyone's Oprah!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

My favorite scene to write without a doubt was the whole Nick falling out of a window scene. Not to sound like a huge dinkus but I was laughing so hard at what I was picturing visually that I was crying. I wish it translated to half as funny as it looked in my head, especially when the guys were on the phone at Brian's with his little apron on. lol

Favorite line is a hard one because you know how bad my memory sucks lol but I think there was a reference to Kevin's eyes falling out of his head and they'd still be rolling at Nick? Or something like that. Or AJ singing lalalala I touch myself lalala lol I enjoyed that too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

*dances to Lenni's singing*

YAY Mare! *gives you balloon* I haven't read this one yet, but now I think I will.  ;)

Thanks although I am terrified of balloons!! LOL I'm glad to hear you'll give the story a try.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

popping in really quick to say congrats Mare! But I don't have a mouthful yet to say, well I do, I just don't have the time to post it all right now.

All I will say, is that I FINALLY started reading this one just like last week and have seriously fallen in love with it!

If you haven't checked it out yet, which most of the AC veterans probably have because I swear I'm the last one finally getting around to it. (yes Mare, it's ok to smite me for being slow), but to all the newbies, this is worth the read! Go check it out!

And I'll be back with lots more to say! I've been quiet in the feature thread for a while now. I guess it's high time I cause a ruckus again.

Aww thanks Kelly lol I won't smite you because you are reading it. I'm just really excited to finally be getting all those Kelly reviews I always hear so much about :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Congrats Mare!
I absolutely love this story to death!!
I too will be back with Oprah-like questions later!!

Aww yay another Oprah!! Thanks Nijntje :)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Aww thanks Kelly lol I won't smite you because you are reading it. I'm just really excited to finally be getting all those Kelly reviews I always hear so much about :)

lol they really aren't that exciting, guys. Mostly I just vocalize my random thoughts as I read a chapter. They really don't mean much. But I'm glad you like! And yes, it really is about time.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem

My favorite scene to write without a doubt was the whole Nick falling out of a window scene. Not to sound like a huge dinkus but I was laughing so hard at what I was picturing visually that I was crying. I wish it translated to half as funny as it looked in my head, especially when the guys were on the phone at Brian's with his little apron on. lol

Favorite line is a hard one because you know how bad my memory sucks lol but I think there was a reference to Kevin's eyes falling out of his head and they'd still be rolling at Nick? Or something like that. Or AJ singing lalalala I touch myself lalala lol I enjoyed that too.
OMG! That part is so freakin funny and random. And doesn't he land on a sandwich?  :D For some reason. I love AJ and that van. It's just so funny to picture and then having poor Nick ride in it hungover!
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25