Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for June 2008 - Why i'd do it all Again by Mare  (Read 66819 times)

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem

Ok, I decided to reread the story and I remembered something else that I loved. It's hilarious the way you explain Backstreet time and how it's such a recurring thing. And even one of the wives (I think it's Leighanne) is explaining at one point how she doesn't get it! It's so true. Those boys and their Backstreet time.  ::)
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....

Hrmm least favorite? I would say all the Paris stuff. I didn't enjoy writing Nick as the partying guy who gets everyone mad and lets people down, especially when he didn't show up to AJ's birthday. That bothered me lol but again I felt the need to showcase how much I thought Nick had changed when they first all got together.

Ah, yes, I forgot slightly about all of that. I still blame Paris though - lol. Easier to blame her than Nickers. :D

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

exclusive

• Fledgling

Aww thanks! I wish I had kept all the interviews I used for this story. At one time I had them all on my computer but then it crashed. I am pretty sure it was  one of the radio interviews they all did where AJ mentioned Nick living with him.

I was glad they didn't really touch on the Paris/Nick thing either but like you, I wished they had talked about his family and his solo CD and what really happened with the guys when all that was going on. It did feel like the AJ behind music although I guess I could understand why but I felt like they really just focused on Howie, Brian and AJ and barely mentioned Kevin and Nick.

I'll keep an eye out, I always end up hearing about these interviews later and then I have to search around for them. lol

That was the other thing about BTM, besides AJ saying that Nick going solo was the wrong timing ( I really don't understand why they all got their panties in a bunch about that whole thing, they kind of treated Nick like crap and I totally didn't understand why) they really didn't talk about that at all, the reason for their break. They didn't touch on a lot of things (Lou Pearlman, tours, dealing with the fame, family life, the early days, etc.), but I think it was more for the less knowledgeable rather than the diehards. I think they need a part Duex. lmao Either that or the guys need to put out a documentary or something.

I wanted to hear more of the story from their mouths, but like you said, I think Nick and Kevin talked about a total of about seven times between the two of them. ::)

Thanks for answering the questions by the way!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ yes, I agree with you. I'm sure it was informative for people who knew noithing about them but they do need another one, maybe an E! True Hollywood story. I wonder if they were the ones that didn't want to bring that stuff up or if no oen even bothered to ask?

And you're welcome. Thanks for aksing me questions! :)

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

Mare made me read! *sulks* :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ I didn't make you read. If you don't want to you shouldn't. Although you'll be missing out on the phenomenon which is me and that would be very sad for you! :P

lmao seriously, thanks for reading and reviewing but don't feel like you have to. You should read because you want to and because at the end of the story KEvin gives everyone free cookies since he decided to leave the band. It's really neat they pop out of your computer screen and everything!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

^ I didn't make you read. If you don't want to you shouldn't. Although you'll be missing out on the phenomenon which is me and that would be very sad for you! :P

lmao seriously, thanks for reading and reviewing but don't feel like you have to. You should read because you want to and because at the end of the story KEvin gives everyone free cookies since he decided to leave the band. It's really neat they pop out of your computer screen and everything!

way to go Kevin! That would be an awesome trick! Maybe I should let him make it to the end of one of my stories someday.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?

because at the end of the story KEvin gives everyone free cookies since he decided to leave the band. It's really neat they pop out of your computer screen and everything!

I didn't say I wasn't enjoying it. lol

Wow, free cookies, huh? What kind? I may forgive him for quitting.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

way to go Kevin! That would be an awesome trick! Maybe I should let him make it to the end of one of my stories someday.

Yeah, *snort* like that is gonna happen. :( poor Kevin!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I didn't say I wasn't enjoying it. lol

Wow, free cookies, huh? What kind? I may forgive him for quitting.

Hrmm he changes them up depending on how nice you are when you review and the kind of mood he's in. He's a little moody sometimes and I would be too if people always killed me off in their stories! lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?

^Hmmm... Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see then. lol And to be fair, I never killed him.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Good girl Dee! lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

I only killed Kevin once lol, in a fic I collab'd on at 15 lol.

Usually I focus all my writing cruelty on Nick  :D
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

LOL I don't kill my boys. I just can't do it. I'm too superstitious. What I think it funny though, no matter how many times i've said that people are always still "Don't kill them!!"

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

I just had his wife skin him and then stuff him like a teddy bear. That's not so bad, right? :P

Hmmm...I'm trying to find my inner Oprah again, so I think I'll have some more questions tomorrow, but YAY MARE!
Sarah
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25