Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: July Challenge (non-picture)  (Read 8836 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
July Challenge (non-picture)
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:20:41 AM »

To go along with the featured story, we are calling this one I'm feeling Angsty today.

This is your challenge. Basically i'm challenging you to write a story with so much angst in it, that whoever is reading it should be crying by the end.

Sounds simple enough except in this challenge not one single person can die. That would be too easy. This should be internal angst, so...

~ Physical Illness can't have anything to do with the angsty situation.

~ Do not exceed 2,000 words

~ Has to be told from the main characters perspective.

~ It doesn't matter who that main character is. This doesn't have to even be about the boys.

~ Remember no one can die in this, which also means no one can be dead to bring about the angsty feelings. I.E standing over someone's grave and crying lol that's a no-no (yeah I know, i'm tough lol)

----------------------------------------------------
Kentuckychickr k's story: http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9132

YAY finally someone repsonded to this! You angsty people are disappointing me! Let's get some more of these done!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 05:59:02 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
Re: July Challenge (non-picture)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »

OOh this sounds right up my alley! The biggest part of the challenge will prolly be keeping it under 2,000 words. Emotional angst not relating to death or physical illness comes natural to me. The problem is narrowing it down to something short that doesn't come off as a big long rant.

You said it could be original fiction?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:55:26 PM »

Yup!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 05:08:21 PM »

ooh, I feel some good ol Sammy angst comming on! Yay!!!!!  I'll have to think about it and hopefully be ready to write it up when I get home because I miss Supernatural like crazy!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 05:33:46 PM »

Wow. Talk about a challenge. LOL. Looks like I'll be giving this a try, lol.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 05:42:24 PM »

yay to you both!

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 03:24:10 AM »

Wow! These are gonna be all emo!  :-\
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 11:32:07 AM »

"~ Has to be told from the main characters perspective."

Does this mean first person, or just from their perspective (as in, could be third person)?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »

I know, I know.. me again with a question.. could someone please again (I know) describe the difference between angst and suspense to me? Pretty pretty please..
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »

yeah! And the difference between angst and drama?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »

Okay to answer Julie first, it can be third person. :)

And the two of you

Drama: Nick is sad because his best friend's goat is very sick and may need to be put down.

Suspense: Nick is sad because his best friend's goat's head was found hanging from his tree. A huge butcher knife accompanies this saying "You're next!"

Angst: Nick is so sad because his best friend's goat is very sick and may need to be put down that he doesn't know what to do with himself. Stricken with grief over this, he sits and bawls, rocking back and forth and wondering how he got to this point. He can't take it anymore. His life is going down the tubes and he has no one to turn to. No one who cares about how he feels about this goat. He let's out a heart wrenching cry before carving the words dead goat into his skin.

Did that help? lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 03:53:11 PM »

answered it for me. Enough anyway. Except you said no death. Dead Kevin... dead goat... what's the difference?

oooohhh, did I just say that?   ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »

The goat did not die in my angsty interpretation . :P And did you just compare Kevin to a goat?

Someone should write an angsty story told from Kevin's point of view about this one chick who has it out for him in fanfic land. Poor kevin :(

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »

Mare..... Why would Nick's best friend have a goat? He lives in LA. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 03:57:39 PM »

Nick lives in Nashville these days where goats abound. You can't go anywhere in Nashville without seeing people walking their goats.
Pages: [1] 2 3