Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hello from Kentucky!  (Read 4302 times)

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
Hello from Kentucky!
« on: July 06, 2008, 01:35:04 PM »

Well -- I've been a member of the BSB fanclub for a while now and found my way to this site through some wonderful people over there  ;D  So I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.

My name is Rachel, I'm 25 years old and I live in Lexington, Kentucky.  I've been a BSB fan for years and years -- more than I can count and enjoy fanfic for the simply fact that you can really get involved with the characters.  You can imagine the way they look and how they sound and set up the scenarios in your mind.  Several of my own stories could have been written about anyone and several were actually started not as fanfics, but just as stories.  I found it easier to write when I added in real life characters.

I've read some wonderful stories here and I'm really looking forward to reading some more and getting to know some of you!

Rachel

-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

Sinara

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Unbreakable bonds form in innocence of childhood.
    • Set It Off
Re: Hello from Kentucky!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »

Welcome to the boards, Rachel! I hope to see around here.
- Katie -

Live passionately.. . and hold fast to your dreams. Live life with no regrets.

VeeLynn

• Innocent Bystander
    • Dragon Age: Into The Fire
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 02:35:59 PM »

Hello and Welcome :D
The writer formally known as ScoobieGang. :D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:09:07 PM »

Welcome to the board!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 05:00:53 PM »

Welcome to the board Rachel! Glad to have you here!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 05:17:34 PM »

Welcome, Rachel :) I'm Steph!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 06:27:55 PM »

Welcome to the board Rachel! I'm Reb!! ;D
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 06:56:53 PM »

Welcome Rachel!  I'm one of the Kelly's!
~Kelly~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 09:46:16 PM »

Welcome!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »

Welcome, welcome!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 10:43:40 PM »

Can I just say one thing while we're in here? lol just watch your banner sizes. They are a bit big, not big enough for me to remove them but almost. Remember banners should really be 300x300. :) lol sorry, i'm a banner nazi, but a really nice one!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

bsbsavedmylife

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »

OMG!!!!  You're finally here!!!  Weeee!  I was so glad to see you posted your stories on here.  You're one hell of a writer, girl!  I can't wait to collab with you when you're ready.  Until then I'm enjoying your stories!   :D

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2008, 06:36:08 PM »

welcome!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 09:38:47 PM »

Can I just say one thing while we're in here? lol just watch your banner sizes. They are a bit big, not big enough for me to remove them but almost. Remember banners should really be 300x300. :) lol sorry, i'm a banner nazi, but a really nice one!

Lol!  No problem.  As far as I know I only had the two banners and the one was bigger --> accidently put in the wrong code.  But the other seems to be within the limits.

I'll be sure to watch that though  ;)
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 09:40:29 PM »

OMG!!!!  You're finally here!!!  Weeee!  I was so glad to see you posted your stories on here.  You're one hell of a writer, girl!  I can't wait to collab with you when you're ready.  Until then I'm enjoying your stories!   :D

Hey girl!  Thanks for all of your positive feedback and for directing me this way   ;D  I'm definitely looking forward to reading more stories from everyone!  Enjoying the challenges too!
-- Rachel --

-- Mitch Album
Pages: [1] 2