Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: For the August challenge (thinking ahead) Part 2 for the readers!  (Read 77437 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: For the August challenge (thinking ahead) Part 2 for the readers!
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2008, 02:05:01 AM »

See, this is where the Julilly side of my brain says something like, you guys should be able to keep track of that stuff yourself lol but the me side will bold the people who have already ben challenged. lol

Remember though, you can challenge a person more than once. If you do that they get to pick which one they want to write or can choose to write them all if they want.

I know, but I'd rather make sure everyone has been challenged at least once before I give someone their fourth challenge LOL.  And with 12+ pages, I'm sure most of us would rather not have to scroll through them all to keep straight who got challenged with what.  So thanks for at least bolding those who have been challenged. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2008, 02:11:04 AM »

Since you all seem so objected to the word count I consider that part of the main challenge because obviously you find that tough so therefore... if you exceed the word count, than your story doesn't count as being written.

To be fair i'll up it to 3,000 words I guess. :P

Thank you for your generosity... *said only slightly sarcastically* ;)

I don't know for sure because I haven't started on my story yet, but I will probably feel more challenged trying to stay under 3000 words than I will writing the content of the story LOL.
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2008, 02:37:17 AM »

lol where as, having to write an entire story in 2nd person, I am kinda liking the less words idea...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2008, 02:47:38 AM »

LOL that's true.  But having to write a horror story with three descriptive death scenes?  That's tough to do in less than 3000 words!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #184 on: July 16, 2008, 05:59:32 AM »

To make everyone's lives easier, i'm going to start a third stickied thread where you should take a minute and tell us who you have been challenged by and copy the challenge into the thread.

You can use this one to chat but let's keep the other one strictly about the challenges. That way it makes it easier to figure out who needs to do what. Kay? Kay. lol

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:44:46 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #185 on: July 16, 2008, 06:07:34 AM »

I can tell you that a word count of about 1,500 in Microsoft word using the 12 font brings me to about 5 pages. That's with dialogue which I use a lot of in my writing. I'm sure for those of you who don't write a lot of dialogue, it might come closer to three full pages or three and a half.

If it's really that big of a deal with the word count I'll scrap it for those of you who have been challenged. So it's up to you, anyone who has been challenged up to this point, you can A) forget about the word count or as I like to call it... taking the easy way out or B) keep the word count and omit some of the things asked of you in the challenge.

From this point on though, the word count is in effect. Any new challenges have to be kept to 3,000 so be thoughtful when you challenge someone. If you want ten thousand things to happen in a story that should be about 3-5 pages in length, that's not a realistic goal.

The great and powerful Mare has spoken!! lol

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:44:12 AM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2008, 06:04:57 PM »

I'm on a roll baby... BRING ON THEE CHALLENGES!!!

And LMFAO at "The Great & Powerful Mare"!! :D
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #187 on: July 16, 2008, 06:29:38 PM »

My challenge is for Sinara

Since i'm not really that familiar with your work Sinara, i'm mainly going by your posts and things you said in the for those of you willing to give detailed feedback thread.

I challenge you to write a comedy, centered around either Nick or Howie. This is the hardest part of the challenge. It has to be completely dialogue. No descriptive paragraphs at all.

It can be about anything you want, but we should be able to tell what's going on solely from the dialogue written.

This will be practice for you for an upcoming challenge on the forum lol ;)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2008, 07:12:54 PM »

Jen, my dear... I challenge you to...

Switch Your Fandom.
- You will write a story featuring none other than the greatest band that ever walked the earth, *NSYNC
- The story shall be written in almost like a documentary format, where you will have to cover *NSYNC's accomplishment s as a band, and what they all accomplished individually after they broke up. (this part CANNOT be made up.)
- Wonder why you know so much? Because it shall be written in first person, where YOU (as in Jen, not Jane Doe) are the narrator and you happen to be *NSYNC's biggest fan.
- The year is 2025, and your job as their biggest fan is to get them back together and write a huge comeback for them.
- Write a big, nasty breakup for the Backstreet Boys.
- Justin Timberlake has to kill Nickolas Gene Carter. The way Justin kills Nick has to be brutal and twisted.
- You have to imply a good romance scene between you and Justin Timberlake because YOU are happy that he killed Nickolas Gene Carter
- Nickolas Gene Carter CANNOT mysteriously and magically come back to life. After Justin kills him, he is dead.
- This CANNOT be a dream
- And your word count is 3,000.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:14:27 PM by rebellious_one »
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

FrickFrackGirl

• Captain of Commotion
  • Nowie!!!!
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2008, 07:46:53 PM »

Doc, I think I'm gonna have to respecfully decline that one...I just couldn't do it...I don't have the heart nor the time to do all that research! lol...

Yup, I'm a Nick girl!!  But I love ALL my Boys!

Jen

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #190 on: July 16, 2008, 08:13:55 PM »

Reb, your challenge nauseates me. :P
~Julie

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #191 on: July 16, 2008, 08:54:22 PM »

^ I second the feeling, of nausiousness!  :P

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #192 on: July 16, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »

I like the N'SYNC challenge - lol. Prolly 'cause I already know some of the answers to those questions. :D

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrickFrackGirl

• Captain of Commotion
  • Nowie!!!!
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2008, 04:28:18 AM »

Doc, I know you already have two challenges but I'm still gonna give you one... ;D

Ok, the year is 2003 and you have just met AJ (Age yourself to where you are a wee bit younger than he).  Chronicle your life with him from your first date to his funeral journal style starting the year 2003.  There has to be at least 3 very important dates chronicled (ie, wedding, birth of children, ect) and you have to be as mushy, lovey-dovey as you can about how you felt during these "milestones".  Somewhere you have to recollect your first meeting.  Be very specific how it went and how you felt.  Oh, and TRY to stay under the 3,000 word limit, lol!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:26:43 AM by FrickFrackGirl »

Yup, I'm a Nick girl!!  But I love ALL my Boys!

Jen

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2008, 04:31:35 AM »

Did anyone read my post about realistic limits? Just wondering lol
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26