Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26

Author Topic: For the August challenge (thinking ahead) Part 2 for the readers!  (Read 76125 times)

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
Re: For the August challenge (thinking ahead) Part 2 for the readers!
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2008, 09:04:20 PM »

Julie: LOL!! ;D I was "carefully" mapping out the challenge for her, until she said and I remembered that she wasn't obligated to do all the challenges thrown at her, so I decided to make it like whatever cause I actually didn't think she'd accept, lmao.

Rose: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE AN IDEA!!! I knew I should've shortened the word count, but I decided to be NICE! At first I wanted to give you a bunch of requirements and give you an extremely short word count. :)
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2008, 09:07:04 PM »

I got one for Kelly (Honey Kelly lol)

Admittedly you've done so many genres, and you've done them quite well. As a result your challenge stumped me lol.

But I've got it.

I challenge you to write a story in 2nd person. (You're walking down a darkened hallway, the lights dim as they flicker sporadically. Turning your head you glance about when a loud crashing could be heard before shrugging it off as the horrible weather outside. ...etc. for example. like what's used in those old choose your own adventure books) The "you" is one of the boys, and interacts with the others somehow.

No other limits cause 2nd person is tough. Fun, creative, but tough.

I just like making people test their writing limits. I'm having a ball LOL
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2008, 09:07:26 PM »

This challenge is for FrickFrackGirl .  It's more of an entertaining one than a challenging one, but genre-wise, it is something different for you.  Hope you enjoy, Jen!

I call this the LD Fanfic Challenge LOL.

The genre is comedy/suspense.

- Your story centers around a LiveDaily fan convention, which many of the LD regulars will attend.
- Unbeknownst to them, Nick gets wind of this convention and also decides to attend, incognito.  Nick will need a disguise, which you must describe.
- You must include encounters with at least three real LD regulars who are not Nickaholics.
- At least one act of violence takes place at the convention.
- During the convention, Nick finds himself drawn into a situation that would be deemed suspenseful, mysterious, or horrific - something along those lines.  This situation may or may not be connected to the act of violence mentioned above.
- Someone at the convention dies.
- There is to be no sex and no romance.

EDIT: I changed the word "conference" to "convention," cause that's the word I was looking for LOL.  I didn't edit any of the guidelines.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:24:41 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »

Julie: LOL!! ;D I was "carefully" mapping out the challenge for her, until she said and I remembered that she wasn't obligated to do all the challenges thrown at her, so I decided to make it like whatever cause I actually didn't think she'd accept, lmao.

Rose: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE AN IDEA!!! I knew I should've shortened the word count, but I decided to be NICE! At first I wanted to give you a bunch of requirements and give you an extremely short word count. :)

You left out a couple limits I noticed. So I took full advantage.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »

*le gasp; begins to baffle* You CANNOT do that to me!! But... if that's the case, I'm gonna post an update by tomorrow. :P And as for you... now, I want an update and I'm still gonna challenge you, so there. ;D

I'll believe that you are going to post an update for SP tomorrow when I see it! So  :P

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »

Julie: Haha, I LOVE your challenge for Jen!! LMAO!!

Rose: Damnit, I didn't really think you'd accept, which is why I wasn't being mean and putting all these limitations!! Lol. Don't accept the challenge damnit, lol.

Ash: Alright... challenge me. :( LOL. I'll get you woman... and your little dog too!! :P

I've got some studying of authors to do!! ;D
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2008, 09:19:50 PM »

Rose: Damnit, I didn't really think you'd accept, which is why I wasn't being mean and putting all these limitations!! Lol. Don't accept the challenge damnit, lol.

Ash: Alright... challenge me. :( LOL. I'll get you woman... and your little dog too!! :P

I've got some studying of authors to do!! ;D

Actually I have a very cute idea for it. Ironically yours might be done first lol

And I just got an idea for Mare's lmao.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2008, 09:21:22 PM »

I hope she accepts; I'm looking forward to reading it!  LOL
~Julie

FrickFrackGirl

• Captain of Commotion
  • Nowie!!!!
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »

Julie, you are gonna get me in sooooooooooooo much trouble if someone on there reads this!  I had so many ideas already swirling in my mind.  I'm deff gonna make some enemies with this one.  But yes, I do accept the challenge..par tly cuz Reb here wants me to write a suspense fic anyway, lol!  And I have all the month of August to write this, correct?

Yup, I'm a Nick girl!!  But I love ALL my Boys!

Jen

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:07 PM »

Julie, you are gonna get me in sooooooooooooo much trouble if someone on there reads this!  I had so many ideas already swirling in my mind.  I'm deff gonna make some enemies with this one.  But yes, I do accept the challenge..par tly cuz Reb here wants me to write a suspense fic anyway, lol!  And I have all the month of August to write this, correct?

If you want, you don't have to name the regulars by their real names or real usernames... you can play with the names, change them a little, just as long as we know who they're supposed to be.  (Kinda like what I did in BMS.)  I dunno if that helps or not, but if it does, go for it LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2008, 09:27:41 PM »

And yes, you have the rest of July and all of August.
~Julie

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »

You shouldn't have said that because now I challenge you to crank out an update of SP by tomorrow.

And you think you scare me by threatening to get my dog? It's not December yet, so I don't have a dog!  :P Empty threats I tell ya...

FrickFrackGirl

• Captain of Commotion
  • Nowie!!!!
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2008, 09:33:04 PM »

Good, cuz I have the feeling some ppl will hunt me down, lmao!!  And good also cuz I have a whole week in August I won't be able to write cuz of concerts!!!  Is there any word restrictions or can it be as long as I need?

Leave it to you to give me an LD challenge...I really am addicted to that site aren't I?? lmao!!

Yup, I'm a Nick girl!!  But I love ALL my Boys!

Jen

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2008, 09:33:44 PM »

Good, cuz I have the feeling some ppl will hunt me down, lmao!!  And good also cuz I have a whole week in August I won't be able to write cuz of concerts!!!  Is there any word restrictions or can it be as long as I need?

Well, Mare specified that all the challenges have to be no more than 2500 words.  I veto that, but I can't change it, so that's your limit.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2008, 09:33:53 PM »

Dee, I now have a challenge for you!

I challenge you to write a visual, one between Nick and another member of the board EXCEPT me. (learned my lesson from Mare lmao). The visual must have at least 1,069 words. Also it must involve a tuna can.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26