Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: And I lost my umph again lol  (Read 4044 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
And I lost my umph again lol
« on: August 28, 2008, 06:31:51 PM »

It was good while it lasted but now i'm all "I don't want to write anymore" again lol Probably because school has started up again and i'm exhausted all the time. Don't you hate when that happens? When you get on a roll and then suddenly you come to a screeching halt? Luckily I am two chapters ahead of myself but I haven't written a thing in almost two full weeks!  :P

Anyone else going through this right now?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: And I lost my umph again lol
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:34:19 PM »

lol. ME. It seems like I'm doing that all the time anymore. I got myself all pumped to write my next chapter of FF and then got one page in and was like... meh, maybe later. I did read a good story though, and that was nice since I hadn't read a fan fic I got excited about in a long time. Maybe if I started reading some more fanfics it might put me back in the mood.... who knows.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »

I don't even feel like reading them anymore. Maybe it's just sitting at the computer, I always feel like I should be doing something more important although then I pop open the Spider Solitaire so who knows? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »

I can relate...you will get your oompf back...sometim es you just need a bit of time away to adjust to school, etc!!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 06:49:48 PM »

I haven't sung to anyone for a while...

*You've lost, that loving feeling. Whoa that loving feeling!*   If you figure out the secret, let me know!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »

Anyone else going through this right now?

No, not at all. I write constantly. I'm a fountain of words.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:45:09 PM »

I've lost my umph because of school too. :( I started writing my submission piece for the creative writing track, but that's about all I'm up to right now...

Which is sad, because I'm fairly certain Julie and Rose are ready to kill me. lol Plus I miss Beta Sigma Beta. :(
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 08:46:21 PM »

No, not at all. I write constantly. I'm a fountain of words.

sarcasm?

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 09:22:53 PM »

I'm experiencing the same problem. I cranked out an ITNC update rather quickly during my featured month and I was so pumped up to get it rolling again, and then it was like someone had thrown a bucket of cold water on my writing fire. Just recently I started developing three new fanfic ideas (a Brian one [which I have already started], a Kevin one, and a BSB/Supernatural crossover). I was seriously super duper excited and hyped up to start these and now I'm too damn tired all the time to even crank out a paragraph on anything. Not too mention I have the rough draft of an essay due for school in several days. I think I shall blame school also for my lack of writing. :P

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 09:36:37 PM »

This is going to sound weird, but I blame my lack of school over the summer for not updating as often as usual.  I mean, my summer was really busy, and I had a ton of fun so that didn't leave much time for fanfic.  Plus I usually wrote as a way to take a short study break.  So without having to study.. I didn't need study breaks.  I'll probably start writing more as school starts up again :P
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 09:40:48 PM »

^ You're right...that does sound weird...LoL :D

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:44:57 PM »

Haha I know, right? I also find I have more free time during school... because everyone else is in school, so no one usually wants to go out and do stuff.  Plus most of my classes have the homework being done during class this semester, because we have the server at school to play on rather than our own laptops.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »

*staggers into thread; head pounding and eyes bloodshot red.* Count me in for feeling the same way. I was so gung ho about school being back in session cause I was ready to resume work again, but now that it is... I find myself working my ass off everyday with my day and evening job and it's just... ARGH!! I'm exhausted, I want to beat the high school kids' ass sometimes (yah, I know that's bad), and stress of my second job has me twisted all in knots!! Just a few days ago I pulled up my stories that I need to update and began re-reading it, to see if it would inspire me to continue writing, but nothing came of it. Hell, I even read other people's updates because that normally sets my ass into gear of updating, but still, nothing. I'll stare at my story and get frustrated, not even knowing where to pick up from or where I was even going with the story. This feeling sucks. :(
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 06:37:44 PM »

I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to think the thought I've lost my umph... I don't think it's that as much as that I just have no time or energy to even think about writing, let alone try and fail at it LOL.  But I do know what you mean, Mare, and that sucks.  Maybe the three-day weekend will help.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 12:54:06 AM »

This is going to sound weird, but I blame my lack of school over the summer for not updating as often as usual.  I mean, my summer was really busy, and I had a ton of fun so that didn't leave much time for fanfic.  Plus I usually wrote as a way to take a short study break.  So without having to study.. I didn't need study breaks.  I'll probably start writing more as school starts up again :P

actually Steph, I know exactly how you feel! I'm a creature of routine and my summers get a little crazy. It's easier to get in the swing of things when you know how your week will flow. I'm usually a lot more productive when I have an allotted time during my week for writing. HAHA plus my addiction to the beach doesn't help, so when it starts getting cool again, I'll probably get a lot more done.
Pages: [1] 2