Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: AudioFiction?  (Read 8289 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
AudioFiction?
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:37:11 PM »

Here's a new concept in fanfic... AudioFics!  I visit Mugglenet.com (Harry Potter site) fairly regularly; they have a fanfic site, which I've never gotten into because I don't read HP fanfic, but I thought this was interesting.  They're starting an AudioFic service, like audio books but for fanfics.

http://www.fanfiction.mugglenet.com/audiofics.html

Would you ever listen to your favorite fanfics instead of read them yourself on the computer?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 08:38:58 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: AudioFiction?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:38:25 PM »

To add my two cents... it's a little weird at first, but in all honesty, I could see the value in a well-recorded one.  A big part of why I read less fanfic than I used to is simply because I don't have a laptop anymore and hate sitting at my desk reading off a computer screen for long periods of time.  I would much rather lie on my bed or at least sit on the couch or a comfy chair and read a book.  I've never really listened to books on tape, but it might be kinda fun to sit back and just listen to a story.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 10:12:01 PM »

I have never tried books on tape but I agree, I think something like this would be fun to listen to.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 11:40:09 PM »

I think I would like it, if it were well read. But, a not well written story would sound that much worse if you were hearing it out loud instead of just reading it.

Hey... maybe if they did that some of the people out there might realize just how bad their grammar is. haha. We could only hope, right?

But, I would love to hear a lot of the good stories out there. I read out loud to myself anyway, and I love books on tape. Plus Julie's right, sitting at your computer to read sucks. I would totally read more fan fic if I could listen to it from a comfortable position.

So, will this feature be coming to AC any time soon? lol.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 03:27:31 AM »

I do have studios at my disposal, I'll voice an audiofic! lol Unfortunately I don't think my grammar is terrible enough to read some of the stuff out there. I'd have trouble with that.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 08:14:20 AM »

I think I would like it, if it were well read. But, a not well written story would sound that much worse if you were hearing it out loud instead of just reading it.

Hey... maybe if they did that some of the people out there might realize just how bad their grammar is. haha. We could only hope, right?

LOL it would be funny though!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 03:33:55 PM »

Well, I think for an audio book, it should be like those radio plays, where different people voice different characters, that would be cool.

But yes, as a grammar teaching tool, it would be amazing!
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 08:38:31 PM »

LOL would it help to have some guys, then, to voice the Backstreet Boy parts?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 08:43:09 PM »

LOL I think it would be better of one person just changed their voice for all the parts.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 09:31:05 PM »

If the story had a lot of characters, that could be hard. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 10:25:50 PM »

LOL I honestly don't think I could ever record one of these... I would start giggling in the middle, and it would take forever just to get a good take, let alone record a whole story.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 10:34:32 PM »

i WOULD LOVE TO DO IT! wHOA CAPS LOCK! LOL

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 02:35:30 AM »

OMG! When my friends and I started with the Backstreet Boy fever, we would write little skits about the boys and reread them and record on tape...that was the funniest thing, cause we just couldn't make the voices right and we would laugh when it was our turn. With exception of Nick's girlie voice back then...it was a mess, but fun.  ::)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 03:09:07 AM »

If the story had a lot of characters, that could be hard. lol

That's how all audiobooks are read though
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 08:48:27 AM »

OMG! When my friends and I started with the Backstreet Boy fever, we would write little skits about the boys and reread them and record on tape...that was the funniest thing, cause we just couldn't make the voices right and we would laugh when it was our turn. With exception of Nick's girlie voice back then...it was a mess, but fun.  ::)

Aww LOL.  We used to do that too... not with Bsb, but just recording ourselves talking in funny voices on tape.  We'd play "news" and record all our fake news reports LOL.
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2 3