Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Which boy...  (Read 1730 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Which boy...
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »

Which boy do you enjoy reading about most and why?

Do you prefer stories with all of the boys represented or only one and a random girl?

Do you enjoy reading about old school Backstreet (back in the good old days) or do you prefer more up to date stories?

Is there a boy you can't get into reading as a lead?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

ange.to.the.la

Re: Which boy...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »

I guess I usually read mostly Nick, but I think that's only because most people write about Nick. I kind of like the stories where they're all main characters the best, but I try to change it up because I get bored when I only read Nick, and I find myself missing the other guys.

Do you prefer stories with all of the boys represented or only one and a random girl?
LOL see the above question. I like stories with all the Boys better, but I have nothing against *boy of choice* and random girl. I can appreciate a good romance as well as the next girl.

Do you enjoy reading about old school Backstreet (back in the good old days) or do you prefer more up to date stories?
I think it depends more on the individual stories, and how they're written. I think there are pros and cons to reading both. I think the boys fall into their stereotypes more often in the "old school" stories, but there is just something special about those stories as well, because the guys' relationships just aren't the same as they used to be.

Absolutely not. I don't really have a favorite backstreet boy, so I like the variety of reading about all of them.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »

Nick is my favorite, but I think I usually end up reading group stories the most.

If the characters are interesting, it could be either.... But it is BSB fanfic for a reason. So, I like reading about the group the most, I think.

I think I like old school Backstreet more, just because they were all there, and from what we could tell, they were as overly dramatic as they are now. I mean, I know that they had their problems back then and all, but it seems like a happier time back then.

Maybe Howie? Sorry Howie.... You're usually either awesome or boring. When you're awesome, great! When you're boring... Well, I don't like reading about any lead that's necessarily boring.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 06:56:33 AM »

Which boy do you enjoy reading about most and why? I don't mind really, I'll read about any of them.

Do you prefer stories with all of the boys represented or only one and a random girl? Again, I don't mind.  I love a good romance but I also like group stories with all the guys present.  Depends on the story.

Do you enjoy reading about old school Backstreet (back in the good old days) or do you prefer more up to date stories?  I prefer more up to date stories, where Nick is a man not a boy, or AU stories.

Is there a boy you can't get into reading as a lead?  I've not read any Brian stories yet, not because I can't get into him, just haven't gotten around to finding any yet.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »

AJ, is my favorite, to read about...Nick would be second. AJ is my favorite boy, so there's an obvious reason, for me liking him as the lead. AJ and Nick are so easy, to work with. I like how they are almost, completely, different people, in each story.

I love how I can read about AJ being a super sweet, romantic, boyfriend, in one story and a cold hearted assassin, in another...and it always seems to fit, with him. His character can be twisted into so many different things, and it rarely seems awkward.

Nick is similar, in this aspect...he can be the sweetheart, goofball, dick head, and everything in between, yet it always seems to work. Whereas Brian, Howie, and Kevin don't seem to be that way, as much...it seems odd to read about them, as complete goofballs or slimy cheaters, and I can't imagine them as cold hearted dickheads (go figure I write Kevin, as a cold hearted dickhead, in LATB  :-\

I enjoy romance/drama, so they tend to be one boy and his leading lady, but I much prefer it, if the others are in it, as well. I also really enjoy the stories that are just about the group. So, I guess I like them equally, depending on what I am in the mood, to read.

I like the more up to date ones better, but I'll read both. There are some really good stories, that take place in their younger years.

When it comes to the leading Boy, Kevin is my least favorite. I've only read a few, that had him as the lead.

kaybee988

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »

I usually read stories where Brian is the main character but I always come back to the group stories. Or a good Frick and Frack buddy fic.

Romance is good sometimes but I like when all the guys are represented.

I guess old school Backstreet. I haven't read a lot of up to date stories. I like when Kevin is with the guys and I guess I'll always think of them as younger than older.

Hm, I haven't read a lot of fics with Howie as the lead but I can't say I wouldn't read it just because he was the lead

All you people, can't you see, can't you see...