Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's everyone writing these days?  (Read 4836 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
What's everyone writing these days?
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:43:53 PM »

So it's been really quiet around here lately, and judging from Mare's fanfic questions not that long ago, the slowness is probably due to a lack of reading/writing from the regulars on this board.

So I'm wondering what we can do to get that going again. I want to hear what everyone is writing right now. This is simply a discussion to get people talking about actual fanfiction again around here...

1. Is there a story that you're writing that you're particularly excited about? Tell us all about it.

2. Is there a story that you're STUCK on right now? Tell us all about it.

3. Is there a story you're reading right now? Tell us all about it.

4. Is there a story that you wish you were reading but they haven't updated in forever? Tell us all about it.

The more you talk in this thread, the more others will want to join in and the more we might actually get a decent fan fic discussion going. Hey... you might even get a new reader or a good idea or two...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
Re: What's everyone writing these days?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:15:52 PM »

I am writing nothing!  I will answer your questions in a bit. I am idea city on Casual, literally scenes and dialouge in my brain...but no time or motivation to sit down and get the fingers moving on it.  I am off for the next two weeks, I am hoping to squeek something out!!! 

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »

1. Is there a story that you're writing that you're particularly excited about? Tell us all about it.

I'm excited about the collab challenge I'm doing with ajsbaby (Julie), hopefully it will come out good!  Also another story I'm doing called 'Ten Things', it seems to be going well.

I'm stuck on 'Rewind', I'm just totally clueless as to where I go next.

I'm reading a few, but really loving 'Song For The Undead'

4. Is there a story that you wish you were reading but they haven't updated in forever? Tell us all about it.

There are a few, one of them is 'My Mind's Eye'

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »

Hey all...I guess I haven't missed much, since I've been without net.

At the time I'm working on "Bound By Honor" It just came to me one day. It's a POV of a woman named Sophia who has the boys as her adopted siblings. It talks about how close they all are, and issues that come with being part of a big family. Her big issue is that she's confused about her own life and is scared to come clean to her father about being in love with Alex.

I'm pretty much stuck on all my other stories...and they are only about one or two chapters away from being finished. Ugh. I suck with endings.

I just started reading Sapphire's new story and I have many others I should read. I just don't get the time.

Yes, definately "On NIghtingale Hill"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:51:08 PM »

I have a new story idea i'm toying with, but again, I odn't see myself working on it, sadly *sigh*

I want to write my second chapter of A Day in the Life of a Lima Bean, but can't get it going.

Sadly, I have lost all interest in reading fanfic. :( Hopefully that will change if something interesting pops up.

4. Is there a story that you wish you were reading but they haven't updated in forever? Tell us all about it. Not really, I guess the only one I look for updates on is Inner Hell but I haven't even hd the time to check to see if it's been updated.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »

Good idea for a thread, Kelly!  I agree, we gotta get talking some more on this board!  (Though it probably is partly just the time of year, too.)

I'm mainly working on collaborations right now, "Song for the Undead" with Rose and "00Carter" with several awesome ladies.  "Undead" is the latest; it's an AU in which the guys (Bsb) are among the sole survivors of a zombie apocalypse.  It's been a fun challenge for me to write, since I don't usually write a lot of action or horror (even though I love to read/watch horror), and I'm really happy with how it's turning out!

Like Darby with "Casual," I'm not exactly STUCK on anything... I have plenty of ideas, just not the right combination of inspiration, motivation, and time.  My latest side project is my story "Secrets of the Heart," which I have outlined better than I've ever outlined a story before, literally planned out chapter by chapter, and can't ever seem to update!  It's not like I don't know what to write next; I just struggle to get chapters started and then finished.  I like the story so far, and I wish I could be more consistent about writing on it and updating it, but I really struggle to get in the right mood to write it and write it well.

"Right now" is a stretch because this story hasn't been updated in a few months LOL, but the most recent addition to my Favorites list on AC is "Brian Potter and the Malevolent Musician" by Erin (ForeverFrick).  It's like a cross between Backstreet Boys and Harry Potter, which are like my two favorite things, so I was intrigued and had to check it out.  It only has a couple of chapters so far, but I'm loving it.  It's a cute spoof, quite clever and well done.  I hope Erin updates it again soon! :)

I'm gonna second Erika in saying "On Nightingale Hill" - one of the few fantasy fanfics I can honestly say I really enjoy.  Also "How to Save a Life," "Fan Friction," and "Hawk and a Handsaw" - three great suspense/mysteries (a.k.a. the very worst kind of stories to leave me hanging on! :P)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
  • Like I Did Before The Storm
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »

I'd have to say I am actually excited about Consequences of Your Mistakes, even though only one chapter has made it up thus far. I'm playing around with it right now bc I had too many ideas trying to see what I can work in and stuff. Also got hit by another idea the other night so its in its prewritten stages at the moment.

2. Is there a story that you're STUCK on right now? Tell us all about it. I don't wanna say stuck, we'll say SLOW bc my muse is partying instead of doing the work. Seems to think the best time to strike me ideas is when I take a nap, and i havent had time for one in weeks so darn muse is off partying, what can I say?

Nothing in particular, i kindda just eye what's recently posted or story of the moment. Though most times I catch Riding The Waves by AJBrianFan when its updated. So I guess techinically I am reading something hahha.

4. Is there a story that you wish you were reading but they haven't updated in forever? Tell us all about it. Um..nope not at the moment :-)

~ Min
Thursday September 9th CW Nikita

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 12:31:40 PM »

Hi everyone! I've been away a long time, but I'll try to pop in a bit more from now on!

"Fireflies". It's about Nick and the other guys. While they're out in a cabin writing songs, Nick experiences strange things he can't explain. Is something wrong with him or are there things in this world we know  nothing about yet?

Sadly, that's also "Fireflies". I'm not sure what to do with the next chapter..

Nope.. I want to start again though.. If anyone has a story they are writing or reading and think is awesome, let me know!

I'm not sure it hasn't been updated cause I've been away so long, but I know I love "Satan's playground".
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 09:09:38 PM »

Welcome back, Nijntje!  Glad to see you posting again!
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 10:53:36 PM »

ooh yes. Satan's playground is good. I'd love to see an update of that.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Carrie

• Innocent Bystander
    • Backstreet Boys Stories
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 03:52:09 AM »

I'm with Mare on the lost interest in reading fan fiction  :(  as for writing, I too have kinda lost motivation.... Fatigue has been a constant thing with me lately (my body really sucks) so I spend most of my spare time resting after work & on the weekends.

Mare, you mentioned Inner Hell and I think the last time I updated that was back in November - holy crap  :o I hate seeing things left hanging so I am hoping to be able to finish the stories I have started on Absolute Chaos. I don't like to rush stories just to finish them.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 06:13:47 AM »

Hi everyone! I've been away a long time, but I'll try to pop in a bit more from now on!

"Fireflies". It's about Nick and the other guys. While they're out in a cabin writing songs, Nick experiences strange things he can't explain. Is something wrong with him or are there things in this world we know  nothing about yet?

I've just read and added that story to my favourites, can't wait for more :)

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »

Exactly what I have been looking for!  ;D

Yes! For now it's called Ice Cold Blood, but it might change later. Anyway, it's a fantasy/vampire fanfic. No, not about Twilight. It's not like some random girl moves to a new school/town and meets this drop dead gorgeous guy which just HAPPENS to be one of the Backstreet Boys. Nah, I stopped copying movies/books/series (I used to quite do this in my early days of writing hehe). It's about a girl who's pretty sarcastic and can be quite pessimistic. She can also be rebellious at times, if she wants to. She has an older brother who's permanently paralysed because of an accident. And she has a best friend who is a huge fan of, now you get it, the Backstreet Boys. But the main girl hates them... for a reason nobody knows. But her brother and her best friend are the ones who will find out later.
Ahh.. I'm so excited, I want to tell lots more but I'm afraid I will spoil stuff! I just think this idea is pretty good and I don't think anyone else has written about it before. :) At least, I hope so!  :D

Two stories, in fact. The one that is on AC "Don't Wanna Lose You Now". I can't come up with ANYTHING and I have no idea if the story will be any more exciting or fun for people to read. I love to write drama, but I have the feeling this kind of drama is maybe a bit too much for me to handle. Like, I can't find my way into it.

The second is the new one I'm writing on now, Ice Cold Blood. I've posted a topic in here, in General Discussion, where I asked for some help. Anyway, I haven't finished chapter one yet, and I don't know how to continue already! All those scenes and ideas of what could happen in the story is haunting me and my fingers are itching to write them down. So, is it good to write the scenes down in a separate document? I think that's a good idea so I can empty my mind and focus on the point I am in the story now. But the thing is, it's hard to write it down since I'm not fluent in English and I sometimes don't know what words to pick. Then I try to think of the Dutch word I'd choose, but even then it's hard, ha!

Yep, a few: 1. Ten Things by Carter-Orange. I love this story. Although I always forget to review it.  :-X I forget to review in general, I should work on that.
Anyway, I love the situation between the girl and AJ and how they fight one moment and kiss the other. I love the personality of the girl and I can't wait to see how their marriage councelations (gah, I hope I spelled that correctly) turn out and how their relationship turns out in general. Oh, and I can't wait for the moments where she can strike the other things on her list. :)

2. Song for the Undead. It even has its own website! (Yes, I am always reading the story on dreamers-sanctuary.com hehe :)) Like I said in a review, I can play the story in my head like a movie. I can imagine every little thing. By the way, I bought a zombie movie just because it was on the list of things that inspired that story haha! I forgot the name but it was about a bunch of boys and girls who are filming an amateur horror movie. And the whole movie is from the point of the camera. I hated the open end though.
Oh, I'm getting off track. Anyway, I love this story so much. Definitely gonna be one of my favourites! By the way, I have to mention that I love the fact how each person has a unique personality! (I think Nick and Riley are cute together lol)

3. 00Carter. I have read maybe 3 or 5 chapters. I need to continue reading this story very soon because it has been a few weeks since I read this for the last time. But I already love it and it seems hilarious but above all, very promising! Also this story has its own website! I still crack up about the section where you read about the characters and it's like you broke in their system lol. When this message appeared that they got me and stuff, I was looking like " :o" first but then cracked up. That was brilliant!  :-\ Oh and I love the introduction vid hehe.
Anyway, I can't say much about this story yet, except for the fact that I love LancyBassy!

I forgot one! 4. Ink Stains by McKelly. Ah geez, I haven't checked this story for a while. There you have it. If I read too many stories I start to forget others, or I confused two stories with eachother hehe. I hope one of the other stories finishes soon, so I can catch up on this one!

And as I was scrolling through my favorite stories' list, I also saw these two stories: True Love by SweetHeart and Last Christmas by rebellious_one . I have some stories in my favorites list in Internet Explorer and I saw True Love inbetween. When I read the title, nothing came up. So, as I read the first few chapters, I remembered what it was about again! Will have to keep this in mind though because I'm getting often emails about this story being updated. :)

As for Last Christmas, I don't think I've read the last updated chapter. AHHH! There are too many good stories!

Anyways, I will keep that story in mind too.  ;)

There are still some other stories that I used to read, but I paused otherwise it's becoming WAY too much hehe.

Satan's Playground by rebellious_one is the first one that jumps into my mind! This story is one of the first BSB fanfics I read. I was so into it and when I noticed the date it had been updated last, I yelled "WHAT?!". Should be continued, definitely! It's an exciting story!

And second, Life According To Baylee. That story, and Song for the Undead, had got me thinking about it for days! I was always wondering how it would continue. I HAVE to admit that when I saw the summary of the story, that I wasn't much interested. But, as many people talked about it, curiosity got the best of me and I read the first chapter... then I read the second, third, fourth, fifth.. AND I COULDN'T STOP! Gah, it's such a pity it hasn't been updated in forever, meh. :( Also, I could play this story in my head as if it's a movie.

Oh, there is also this other story. I think it's called In the Nick of Time but not sure if it's posted on AC? It's about when Nick gets into an accident and acts like a little boy but later he has moments where he acts his old mature self and other times he acts like the little kid again. And the guys have to help to get him to be his own self forever again. I don't know if it's still updated or not, but I haven't noticed anything. Or I'm just a blind chicken. Hmmm, I should check if the story is updated again or not. I am still willing to read it if it will be updated though!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:10:39 AM by TheDistantHeart »

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 02:10:21 AM »

:o I don't think Life According To Baylee applies to my post above anymore. Just got an email about an update!  8-) Such a coincidence.  :bateyes:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 10:00:57 PM »

2. Song for the Undead. It even has its own website! (Yes, I am always reading the story on dreamers-sanctuary.com hehe :)) Like I said in a review, I can play the story in my head like a movie. I can imagine every little thing. By the way, I bought a zombie movie just because it was on the list of things that inspired that story haha! I forgot the name but it was about a bunch of boys and girls who are filming an amateur horror movie. And the whole movie is from the point of the camera. I hated the open end though.
Oh, I'm getting off track. Anyway, I love this story so much. Definitely gonna be one of my favourites! By the way, I have to mention that I love the fact how each person has a unique personality! (I think Nick and Riley are cute together lol)

3. 00Carter. I have read maybe 3 or 5 chapters. I need to continue reading this story very soon because it has been a few weeks since I read this for the last time. But I already love it and it seems hilarious but above all, very promising! Also this story has its own website! I still crack up about the section where you read about the characters and it's like you broke in their system lol. When this message appeared that they got me and stuff, I was looking like " :o" first but then cracked up. That was brilliant!  :-\ Oh and I love the introduction vid hehe.
Anyway, I can't say much about this story yet, except for the fact that I love LancyBassy!

Wow, thank you so much!!  We so appreciate our AC reviews, but we don't get any feedback outside of AC, so I didn't know people even read the stories on my site off of AC these days.  Good to know! :)  I love AC, but I had fun putting together those websites too LOL.  Anyway, thanks so much for all your comments; seeing this post totally made my night!!  :)

And "Diary of the Dead"!  That's the movie you bought, right?  That's awesome!  I thought it was cool movie, better than I thought it would be.  The zombie clown was my favorite!  LMAO
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2