Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: Mare's update corner...Wow *cough* it sure is dusty in here!  (Read 57639 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Mare's update corner...Wow *cough* it sure is dusty in here!
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2010, 12:08:43 AM »

I hate the Cymbalta ones the worst, with the sad music and all the sad sack people.  They just make me want to scream at my TV, "GET OFF YOUR ASS AND PLAY WITH YOUR DOG!  PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CHILDREN!  STOP MOPING; YOUR CHILDREN NEED YOU!"  I know that's the wrong attitude to have about clinical depression, but the Cymbalta commercials make it worse.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »

I actually have the explanation for the whole "suicidal ideation" side effect claim LOL.

The thing about depression is, you have the thoughts, but you're very apathetic. Just no energy, or motivation to actually do anything. What the medication is SUPPOSED to do, is lift you up. The first thing it does though, is cause you to be more energetic. So in the first few weeks, you're actually in more danger of suicidal thoughts and actually acting upon it, than you were with simple unmedicated depression.

Because now you have more thoughts, and you're no longer apathetic. But I think it's like 3 weeks into the medication, it adjusts your chemical balance and helps get rid of the suicidal ideation. But with the whole legalities, they have to claim it.

But I'm digressing immensely LOL. Depression is way overly diagnosed, similar to the way ADD or ADHD is. And those commercials just make it worse. Big pet peeve of mine lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2010, 12:11:08 AM »

LOL that reminds me of this, from my Onion daily calendar:

~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2010, 12:12:08 AM »

LOL that reminds me of this, from my Onion daily calendar:

LMFAO thats lovely.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2010, 12:15:02 AM »

I actually have the explanation for the whole "suicidal ideation" side effect claim LOL.

The thing about depression is, you have the thoughts, but you're very apathetic. Just no energy, or motivation to actually do anything. What the medication is SUPPOSED to do, is lift you up. The first thing it does though, is cause you to be more energetic. So in the first few weeks, you're actually in more danger of suicidal thoughts and actually acting upon it, than you were with simple unmedicated depression.

Because now you have more thoughts, and you're no longer apathetic. But I think it's like 3 weeks into the medication, it adjusts your chemical balance and helps get rid of the suicidal ideation. But with the whole legalities, they have to claim it.

But I'm digressing immensely LOL. Depression is way overly diagnosed, similar to the way ADD or ADHD is. And those commercials just make it worse. Big pet peeve of mine lol.

Ah, that makes sense.  So it makes you more motivated to actually kill yourself!  Awesome!

Yeah, I get annoyed with that too.  I mean, there is genuine depression, and then there is "I have a problem in my life and don't know how to deal with it."  No one is happy all the time, but sometimes you just have to make the choice to have a good attitude and make yourself do the things you don't feel like doing.  Regular, un-depressed people do that every day; it's just a part of life.

LOL, and now I'll link to this one:  http://www.theonion.com/articles/son-wed-all-like-to-lie-around-all-day-being-clini,11095/  
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2010, 12:16:48 AM »

We are totally hijacking Mare's thread... sorry, Mare!!

YOOT to your update!

Maybe we should start a depression thread in the debate topic or something.  Or chatterbox board, since it has nothing to do with fanfic.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2010, 12:20:22 AM »

Ah, that makes sense.  So it makes you more motivated to actually kill yourself!  Awesome!

Yeah, I get annoyed with that too.  I mean, there is genuine depression, and then there is "I have a problem in my life and don't know how to deal with it."  No one is happy all the time, but sometimes you just have to make the choice to have a good attitude and make yourself do the things you don't feel like doing.  Regular, un-depressed people do that every day; it's just a part of life.

LOL, and now I'll link to this one:  http://www.theonion.com/articles/son-wed-all-like-to-lie-around-all-day-being-clini,11095/  

Pretty much, it's one of the biggest ironies of treating depression LOL. Within the first month of getting help, it can kill you LMAO.

And yes, yes and yes. OMG some people will just make excuses to say they have depression so they get the pity attention they want. And it trivializes those who actually have it.

We are totally hijacking Mare's thread... sorry, Mare!!

YOOT to your update!

Maybe we should start a depression thread in the debate topic or something.  Or chatterbox board, since it has nothing to do with fanfic.

And you're right, we totally should LOL.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2010, 06:45:21 AM »

I love the one where the woman is winding up a doll and the way she looks at it cracks me up. It's like she's hearing "Go kill everyone you know!"

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2010, 10:14:04 AM »

LMAO I know!!  That one is funny too.  My favorites were the Zoloft commercials, like the MadTV spoof, with the sad pebble.  Sad Pebble is my sister's nickname cause of that.  (You're probably not supposed to mock a depressed person, but boy, I sure did... LOL)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »

LOL I remember you telling me that before.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2010, 10:49:18 AM »

YOOT for the update!  I'm going to read it right after I've read the new update for Guilty Roads that I just spotted and clicked on :)  I would've read it earlier, but I was out last night and drank way too much, so have been suffering today, lol.  So now my brain is functioning again, I'm sitting here with a bar of chocolate and going to catch up on my favourite stories  ;D

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2010, 11:18:52 AM »

Just finished reading it and loved it!!!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »

I love the one where the woman is winding up a doll and the way she looks at it cracks me up. It's like she's hearing "Go kill everyone you know!"

Damn. I almost wish they were allowed to show prescription drug commercials here just to see that.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2010, 11:55:23 AM »

Damn. I almost wish they were allowed to show prescription drug commercials here just to see that.

Here you go!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXuMld0VwuU  I like the commentary added to this one LOL.

There's also the black version LOL.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oRNtNz_IvU  I guess they figure black people won't be able to relate to some depressed white bitch.

LOL I like the music effects on this one:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIOYF1uju3A
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2010, 12:11:53 PM »

LOL I was just going to go find it for her too.

And Steph, you party animal! lol
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32