Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: No Matter What troubles  (Read 2480 times)

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
No Matter What troubles
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »

Okay, Ashley & I are in the middle of a crisis here. She accidentally deleted NMW off absolutechaos & is now stuck re-posting the whole story. Only thing is, she can't find chapters 37-99 & I know for a fact I don't have any of it, except for maybe the odd chapter or two. We're hoping beyond all hope that one of our devoted readers might've been saving our story elsewhere. Please if you can help us out, let us know! This is 4-5yrs of our lives we're talking about here! This story is our baby & we're both freaking out!

Thank-you in advance if you can help!

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: No Matter What troubles
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:32:26 PM »

Omg, that sucks, you guys!!  People are having bad luck this week with losing stories!  I can't help you, but I hope one of your readers has the chapters.  It's bad enough you have to repost all that and lost all your reviews.  Hopefully someone will come through!

Everyone reading this, BACK UP YOUR WORK!!!  It's easier than you'd think to accidentally delete a whole story off AC, and you never know when something might happen to your computer or the site.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

ForeverRebel

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 11:27:21 PM »

I found all of them, thank god! I spent the entire six hours at work today thinking of nothing but NMW and ended up remembering that I created a myspace for my writing a really long time ago that I ended up neglecting and forgetting about after awhile. But before I did I managed to post 151 chapters on there first, so i'm copying and pasting them all into microsoft word again and its all good.

And I completely one hundred percent agree with RockOfAges, Back up your work. And save your reviews too, if they're important to you like ours were to us.

-  Ashley

P.S.
Even though I found all of them, please let us know if you have any of our chapters saved anyway for future reference. It would still be a really good thing to know.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 11:50:19 PM »

Glad you found them!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:44:30 AM »

Nowhere near as glad as we are! Lol.

~Lenni~
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:30:39 AM »

OMG what a nightmare!  I'm glad you found them all though.  I agree abouting backing up your work and also posting your stories in a few places too.  You never know when you'll need it!  I recently had a major laptop issue and had to buy a new one, but luckily I'd saved all my photos, music, stories, etc.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 12:01:28 AM »

So far, we seem to only be missing part of the one chapter. I found a couple I had.....oye vey.

~Lenni~

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 08:42:22 AM »

As someone who just went through the same thing I know EXACTLY what you guys are going through.  I'm just glad you found those chapters on MySpace!  It's been a bad week in AC land.  I got another Fatal SQL message this morning but I think I might have tracked it back to this MP4 player I downloaded that's making my internet lag in general. 

I wish, like someone suggested, that I had saved all my reviews.  I'm doing a little kick in the pants right now, lol

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 12:29:10 AM »

We had over 3,000 reviews! And now, it's like, no one wants to review it anymore, which sucks. We really appreciated each & every single one of those reviews. I miss being number 1 on the top 10 list for most reviewed stories. *sighs*

I tried to review each chapter of your fic (Evergreenwrite r) 'cause I started re-reading it. :P But then I got side-tracked, since BSB concerts are this weekend - lol.

~Lenni~