Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Did you know...?  (Read 11576 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Did you know...?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »

I get too anal about staying as close to reality as I can in a fanfic, unless it's an AU.  Like, obviously my storyline is fiction, but I want all the other details to be realistic so the story as a whole seems realistic, if that makes sense.  I don't have a problem writing out the girlfriends, but it's harder to do that with wives and children.  I don't like to kill them off, nor do I like to deny their existence (if I'm going to do that, I just make it an AU), so it's all about finding situational ways to explain their absence if I don't want them there LOL.  But I don't see myself ever writing another Brian romance, for example, unless it's AU.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2010, 11:03:57 PM »

Agreed. I haven't actually tried writing WITH Rochelle yet. She seems very sweet and they're a cute couple, but I went with AJ's history and had him divorced from her in my most recent story. Eventually I want to try writing with her in a future group story.

I always feel weird writing the wives. I don't know why. So usually they're in there but it's a smaller role, or just in mentions. But with Nick and AJ, their characters translate really well into fanfiction and if you don't wanna do AU, those two are the easiest two to work with in terms of staying true to life.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2010, 11:05:56 PM »

I get too anal about staying as close to reality as I can in a fanfic, unless it's an AU.  Like, obviously my storyline is fiction, but I want all the other details to be realistic so the story as a whole seems realistic, if that makes sense.  I don't have a problem writing out the girlfriends, but it's harder to do that with wives and children.  I don't like to kill them off, nor do I like to deny their existence (if I'm going to do that, I just make it an AU), so it's all about finding situational ways to explain their absence if I don't want them there LOL.  But I don't see myself ever writing another Brian romance, for example, unless it's AU.

Exactly, like with Leighanne, I have her elsewhere, or doing a Wylee party. Or having the Boys in places the wives wouldn't be. Like touring, the wives/girlfriends are there sometimes but not all the time, so it's totally plausible to have them at home cause you want them to be. It's all about creatively finding ways around it LOL.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2010, 11:11:39 PM »

^^ Exactly.
As awful as this sounds, they make great "filler" characters. lmao When you have something that needs to be said but you dunno who the hell to have say it.. suddenly one of the wives calls or shows up for a random "guest appearance" on the tour.. then POOF they're gone again and life rolls on... haha
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »

I am the same way and agree. I feel like to keep things realistic they need to be with the real deal, that's also why i'm choosing to write old school because I don't really enjoy writing about the older versions of them. lol There's only so much laundry Leighanne can go do, you know?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010, 11:14:34 PM »

I am the same way and agree. I feel like to keep things realistic they need to be with the real deal, that's also why i'm choosing to write old school because I don't really enjoy writing about the older versions of them. lol There's only so much laundry Leighanne can go do, you know?

LMAO

I love old school stories though, there's not enough of those anymore. You're filling my void lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 11:15:40 PM »

LOL *kicks Kevin again*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 11:21:28 PM »

LOL *kicks Kevin again*

At least you don't kill him lmao. Or ya know, put him in a coma.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 11:25:49 PM »

Leaving him hanging (for a VERY long time now) in a coma while some poor blonde kid is stuck in the middle of Amish country? Nope, never done that before lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 11:26:42 PM »

Leaving him hanging (for a VERY long time now) in a coma while some poor blonde kid is stuck in the middle of Amish country? Nope, never done that before lol

Now, who would do that?

LMFAO FAIL!
~Julie

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 11:26:58 PM »

LMAO Mare. And good job, Julie.

Yeah, I really like the old school stories too. I guess the Brian stories that don't have Leighanne are usually old school stories or they just don't talk about Brian's age, so you just assume that it's old school.
~ Amy.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »

Yeah that'd be a pretty mean thing to do. Especially when the other three have no idea that the blonde kid is even alive, they think he's probably dead in a ditch somewhere. Poor guys, worrying about him for SO long without a clue...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 11:32:18 PM »

^ I know! And it's summer in Amish country. No air conditioning and those really hot clothes and all the farm animals! It must STINK! lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 11:32:31 PM »

Psh!  Brian was in surgery for like a year in Secrets, so Kevin being in a coma while the guys think Nick is dead for two months isn't THAT bad...  (okay, I suck, sorry!!) :-[
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »

^ I know! And it's summer in Amish country. No air conditioning and those really hot clothes and all the farm animals! It must STINK! lol

Nick's naked in the part I have started. ;D
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5