Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Popular Kids  (Read 3088 times)

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
  • Like I Did Before The Storm
Popular Kids
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »

I'm writing a fanfic and needed to come up with like a name of a club or what a group of popular kids would call themseleves.

EX: Like if anyone's read The Sweet Valley Books, they had the Unicorns and at one point Club-X.

so basically I want something that would suggest by hearing the name that these are the school's popular kids if that makes sense.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thanks.

Min
Thursday September 9th CW Nikita

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Popular Kids
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 01:03:35 PM »

How old are the kids?
~ Amy.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 01:28:04 PM »

Ours at my high school was called Entre Nu...we used greek looking letters even though it wasn't greek.  Certain girls were selected and "kidnapped" by older members...thin gs like being dressed funny, etc. was involved.  It was all in good fun.

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 01:45:20 PM »

We never had anything like that at school but couldn't you just make one up as long as the reader understands?
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 02:23:36 PM »

A-RokzStalker,Its basically highschool kids. from sixteen and up in this story.

cabybakes, that acutally sounds like it would have been fun lol. In my story its gonna be for fun, bc that's what highscool is for lol.
Thanks for the tip on Greek Letters.

Karen, Hey ya I wanted to make it up, just was having trouble coming up with something that would explain it better, and not sound goofy if that makes sense :)

~ Min

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »

Ah okay. I understand now. I was confused for a second thinking you were wanting a name that across the board people would know as for "the cool kids" and I thought that'd be impossible. Now that I know you're just looking for help on a name, it's all becoming clear haha. I shouldn't check the board after just waking up :(
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 02:29:39 PM »

Oh don't be sorry lol, i know i dont function well in the morning and if it wasnt something you had in your schools growing up, it would be confusing. I know for sure if I didnt know what it was and someone else asked Id think what are they wanting to know. :)

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »

A-RokzStalker,Its basically highschool kids. from sixteen and up in this story.

cabybakes, that acutally sounds like it would have been fun lol. In my story its gonna be for fun, bc that's what highscool is for lol.
Thanks for the tip on Greek Letters.

Karen, Hey ya I wanted to make it up, just was having trouble coming up with something that would explain it better, and not sound goofy if that makes sense :)

~ Min

We never had any groups or clubs like that in high school... so I dunno. "Leadership" is the only one I can think of that my school had that's close to what you're thinking of. The leadership kids were always considered cool I guess.
~ Amy.

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »

We never had any groups or clubs like that in high school... so I dunno. "Leadership" is the only one I can think of that my school had that's close to what you're thinking of. The leadership kids were always considered cool I guess.

Thanks :). I appreciate everyone's help on this. I think I'll be able to come up with something now, I hope lol.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »

"Cliques" were what they referred to them as in my school the year I was in public school. IT would be like "the ____ clique"... I.e., "the cheerleader clique", "the slutty clique"... Maybe that's from the unpopular viewpoint, but the girls called themselves that too LOL Well the slutty ones didn't. LMAO
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »

I was going to say, we had plenty of names for the popular kids at least that's what they thought they were lol but i'm sure you wouldn't want to use any of those. I'm not sure if they called themselves anything though.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 11:35:24 PM »

Yeah, there was never a name for the group of popular kids at my school either.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 11:57:47 PM »

Pengi, Mare,  RokofAges75.

Loool ya even at my school the popular kids got called something most probably not their knowledge.  I just wanted to implement into my fic, like in highschool there would be a type of club/group with a certain name and it was made up of popular kids.  The feedback helps though bc actually the fic is gonna have the non-popular crowd too so they'll obviously be calling the popluar ones something either b ehind their back or to their faces.
ROFL now remnids me of the Plastics from Mean Girls hahah. Sorry hahha..
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 12:16:42 AM by kissesxoxo »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 12:42:13 AM »

I think it's a good idea!  The Plastics, yeah - I was thinking of that too; I just couldn't remember the name for some reason (and I love that movie!).  We just didn't have a name for them like that at my school.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 12:47:59 AM »

I think it's a good idea!  The Plastics, yeah - I was thinking of that too; I just couldn't remember the name for some reason (and I love that movie!).  We just didn't have a name for them like that at my school.

Ya I love that movie too! I should watch that for some ideas . Ya it took me a minute to remember what the were called too.
Almost wanted to say they were called Barbies lool.
Pages: [1] 2