Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems with Posting on AC  (Read 43596 times)

summer

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Problems with Posting on AC
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »

I just had the fatal sql error and it didn't show my Shades of Gray fic as a recent update. And I never had that issue until the tiny MCE was turned back on. So what I had to do was delete the chp because it was there and uncheck the tiny MCE options on the update page then post the chp again. And it now shows on the most recent page.

In my experience it seems it's the tiny  MCE that's the issue. For those of you that it doesn't show your most recent updates, maybe try unchecking the boxes and doing one update to see if it works.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:44:44 PM by summer »

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »

Though it was still doing it even when TinyMCE wasn't installed. I think the only connection is the demand that TinyMCE has on the server, just like sending email notifications for chapter updates, and a large amount of reviews has.

That is the catalyst, not the editor on its own.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:05:13 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

summer

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2010, 07:16:16 PM »

Ooh well not doing tiny MCE worked for me lol so that's what I'll be sticking with. Unless it decides one day to continue like it tried to do to me tonight.

Thanks for your response. :)

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2010, 06:22:36 AM »

I just had the fatal sql error and it didn't show my Shades of Gray fic as a recent update. And I never had that issue until the tiny MCE was turned back on. So what I had to do was delete the chp because it was there and uncheck the tiny MCE options on the update page then post the chp again. And it now shows on the most recent page.

In my experience it seems it's the tiny  MCE that's the issue. For those of you that it doesn't show your most recent updates, maybe try unchecking the boxes and doing one update to see if it works.

I second Mare. I don't use tinyMCE (I code by HTML), so that's never been an issue for me - I think I only cheked it one time and then uncheked it.  I wish it were that easy though!

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2010, 11:05:16 AM »

I never had the recent update page issue. And I still don't now TinyMCE is working again. I'm glad it's working though! Having to check which words I had put in Italics or Bold in Word and then having to put those words on AC between HTML codes was a b*tch lol! I discovered it yesterday night when I was posting my tenth chapter of Ice Cold Blood. I had just decided I should put the HTML codes in Word when TinyMCE already worked. ;D

Thanks for solving this btw!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2010, 01:27:42 AM »

I'm with Mare and Jen, I've never once used it. I've always html encoded when I posted. I've tried deleting a chapter and reposting it too. And I still can't get an update for RMTW to show up on Most Recent lol. Blah :P
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2010, 08:17:40 PM »

ookay this is getting even weirder. I went to post my next Lurks chapter and I got all excited because it just said action was successful. So I go to the most recent page thinking it's there but yet, it's not there. Then I go to check it on my account and the chapter isn't even showing up as being posted at all but yet when you go to chapter 22 there is a next option and when you click it you get the chapter that's not showing but on the scroll down menu it's coming up as chapter  Uh...wtf? So, i'm just going to try this again. I have no friggin' idea what to even do because if I delete it i'm afrtiad i'll delete the entire story or a random chapter. THis is new. AH!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »

Well, I can't delete it because it's not showing up so there's no option to delete something that supposedly doesn't exist in the first place. *sigh* so the new chapter will be there twice now. Good lord this is getting old.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2010, 08:29:46 PM »

So I clicked on the direct link you left and all it says is "by", the page is titled and all on my tab, but there's no title or anything on the actual page. Nothing.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »

I tried going through by clicking the "next" link on the previous chapter too, and the same thing.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2010, 08:32:38 PM »

I clicked it, and I just got to your table of contents page, with no Chapter 23 there.  This is lame!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2010, 08:33:16 PM »

Try going in chapter 22 and clicking the "next" button at the bottom? I'm on firefox so maybe that's it.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2010, 08:34:59 PM »

I tried that and got the page you were talking about.  The link Mare posted in her updates thread took me to the same page, but the one she posted on Twitter went to the table of contents... but it did say Chapter 23 in the link.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2010, 08:37:54 PM »

WTF? This is so weird!

Everytime I click on it, it goes to chapter 23 but it might be because I posted it? Did you guys get an update email?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2010, 08:42:33 PM »

No, no email. :(
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14