Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the month for April 2007 - Under My Skin by Mellz Bellz

<< < (4/12) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: honey on April 05, 2007, 06:02:38 PM ---
it's OK -lol I have that same problem with cheesecake.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Mmmm.... Cheesecake....

Me too, Kelly. :D

MellzBellz:

--- Quote from: honey on April 05, 2007, 06:02:38 PM ---
it's OK -lol I have that same problem with cheesecake.  ;)

--- End quote ---

I think all authors have their "sex food" LOL That's the big secret  ;) Lol

honey:

--- Quote from: MellzBellz on April 05, 2007, 09:21:29 PM ---I think all authors have their "sex food" LOL That's the big secret  ;) Lol

--- End quote ---

wait... were we talking about writing?? oh. um yeah. I meant that too. I don't have that problem in real life... I swear. ;)

starbeamz:

--- Quote from: MellzBellz on April 05, 2007, 09:21:29 PM ---I think all authors have their "sex food" LOL That's the big secret  ;) Lol

--- End quote ---

Really?! I must've missed that secret memo. I guess I'll go find my "sex food" now. What do you guys think of popcorn, mac and cheese, or a tuna sandwich? Are those "sexy" enough LOL

Mel! I'm so excited that you were picked! I'm glad I started reading this story last summer, and I really hope that being picked for this month inspires you to keep going.

I have to say, I like how complicated all of their feelings are. Or, at least, all of Alyssa's feelings are because we don't get too much of Nick's side at all, right? Or maybe I'm forgetting something? Anyhoo, it's nice to have those complicated emotions because love/lust/emotional entanglement is not all cut and dry stuff, and you've clearly depicted that in this story. I also enjoy not knowing the whole story behind the Katie debacle and the way that you slowly, through flashbacks, show everything that happened in the past.

Plus, Alyssa's hit the top ten females in BSB fanfic for me because she's no Mary Sue and she's not going to fall all over herself for Nick. I think I told you this before in the chapter where the fangirls spot her leaving Nick's room one morning, but I really like the fact that she doesn't want to be seen by the fans as just another girl and is afraid that that's how Nick does see her.  Also, she sees past his celeb status. You have passing references to the BSB plans, but it's not all about this concert, this party, this photoshoot, etc. You seem to have written a story that's more character and emotionally driven than one that's driven by the events (although, some of those events are pretty big). Oh, and also, I like the fact that Nick's not perfect (i.e. women in the couple's past). Both characters are just flawed enough that they appear human and accessible.

I'm sure I could go on and on, but this is it for now! I love the story, and I want more updates...NOW! LOL

honey:
Spoiler warnings Sarah!!!!! Come on!!!! Work with me here!!!! -lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version