Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Oh no... Another great idea  (Read 3911 times)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
Oh no... Another great idea
« on: April 07, 2007, 12:01:10 AM »

I know that we all need another idea for a possible project like we need a hole in our heads, but I kind of had this idea and Dee urged me to post it here to see if anyone else would be interested if participating with it or at least reading it.

The premise is this... I was reading another one of those "BSB are stalked by a mad man who for some reason or another wants to kill and torture them." Many of you know this is not my favorite genre, but I'm like a little kid at a horror movie; completely petrified, but peeking between my fingers cuz in a peverse way I want to know what happens next. But I digress... Anyway I was thinking Hmm... What of we were to take the standard plotline of BSB being held hostage and turn it into sort of a black comedy? It would be really fun if we could include a twisted cast of other characters being held hostage w/ them as well. (Girlfriends, friends, Paris Hilton perhaps? LOL) Clearly you have to see the comic potential here, right? It could be really interesting especially if we come up with some scandalous backstory that comes out piece by piece the longer they are held captive.

So am I completely nuts or do any of you think that this has potential here and would be interested in something like this?

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
Re: Oh no... Another great idea
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 12:54:28 AM »

:D I started to write one of those "BSB stalked and held hostage" stories, but I never really got anywhere with it. *sigh*

That does sound interesting, and it could definitely have several possibilities. Let me ruminate on it while I sleep, 'cause it's bedtime now, and my two kids don't understand when I tell them "Mommy was on the Absolute site last night goofing off!" ;)

Oh, what the hell. Count me in! ;D

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 12:56:38 AM »

I did a bsb stalked story.. but it was for the story challenge on my own site. *laughs* it's by FAR my worst story ever and that's after you take into consideration how "fond" I am of Messing with Magic.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 01:34:49 AM »

thats not typically something I do, but I like the twist of it. Like I need another project lmao, but I think I can squeeze it in somehow.

Lord I am such a collab whore LOL
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 02:17:41 AM »

thats not typically something I do, but I like the twist of it. Like I need another project lmao, but I think I can squeeze it in somehow.

*hops in* Nick of fan fic collabs. *hops out*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 02:22:26 AM »

*hops in* Nick of fan fic collabs. *hops out*

Shhhh!  :P

I'm just loved by many  ;D

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 02:32:31 AM »

Shhhh!  :P

I'm just loved by many  ;D

And how! :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 07:58:51 AM »

Aww sounds good and interesting. You guys should definately do it lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 09:39:32 AM »

Yea well its not really sumthin that i can devote too much time to until the summer anyway, but i just thought I'd lay it out there and see what everyone else thought about it. I wasn't sure if it would be good enough to really catch on.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »

It's something that I would be interested in doing Mel, but I don't know how well I would do. I've never written anything like that and I don't usually do anything really dark, but if it were a dark comedy that's different and I think I would enjoy it. If and when you start it up, let me know and we'll talk. I'd love to hear what ideas your thinking about.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 01:36:26 PM »

It's something that I would be interested in doing Mel, but I don't know how well I would do. I've never written anything like that and I don't usually do anything really dark, but if it were a dark comedy that's different and I think I would enjoy it. If and when you start it up, let me know and we'll talk. I'd love to hear what ideas your thinking about.

I agree with honey!
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 03:52:07 PM »

Yea well its not really sumthin that i can devote too much time to until the summer anyway, but i just thought I'd lay it out there and see what everyone else thought about it. I wasn't sure if it would be good enough to really catch on.

Summer sounds good, lol I have 3 summer projects now. But it sounds interesting and I always love jumping into collabs with people.

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 04:20:33 PM »

Oh no I'm not the greatest w/ dark things too. I'm saying put a comedic twist on a normally dark and twisted situation. The humor will be a lil messed up, but thats the fun of it. Plus just think of all the ways we could torture Paris LOL

DragonStar

• Major Disruption
  • Jeezy Chreezy™!
    • Write On My Soul - My Fic Site
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »

Oh no I'm not the greatest w/ dark things too. I'm saying put a comedic twist on a normally dark and twisted situation. The humor will be a lil messed up, but thats the fun of it. Plus just think of all the ways we could torture Paris LOL

Sounds interesting, lol I'd love to see how it turns out. I'd pitch in but I'm not sure just how far I can stretch myself right now lol.
~Dragon*~

Icon by ___iicons on LJ

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland