Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: All teams  (Read 633 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
All teams
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »

Have a message for everyone? Post it in here!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
Re: All teams
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 06:15:25 AM »

I just wanted to let all the teams know that I posted the second challenge, Color My World. Check it out - it has its own thread. :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 01:51:01 AM »

Just wanted to post an article I just read and found inspiring: http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/04/22/weight.loss.anita.mills/index.html?hpt=C2

This woman lost 232 pounds in 2 years by following these four tips:

1. Eat 8 ounces of food every 3 hours
2. No sugary drinks
3. Do not skip meals
4. Do not tell anyone what you're doing

Good advice!

I've been good at following #2-4.  I only drink water, Crystal Light, or diet soda, I don't skip breakfast anymore, and I didn't tell anyone in real life that I was trying to lose weight until I lost enough that people started noticing and commenting on it.

#1 is still tough sometimes because on work days, I don't have time to eat every three hours, and when I'm not working, I get hungry and want to eat more often than that or eat probably more than 8 ounces to tide me over for 3 hours.

I know some of us have plateaued and been struggling lately, but keep at it.  Remember, slow and steady wins the race, and small changes can add up to big weight loss over time.  You can do it! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 09:54:01 AM »

I read the same article! I was STRONGLY following #4 until my mom told everyone (she works at the same place I do) and now of course patrons are noticing.  I kinda like that period when you feel all stealthy. :) I also followed #2 (diet pop if anything). I haven't been able to do #1 or #3 with school--we'll see what happens this summer!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 10:07:08 AM »

I know, I liked being stealthy too. :)   My mom was actually about the last person to notice; she just noticed a couple weeks ago.  Several people at work had asked me about it by then, and they see me every day LOL.
~Julie

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »

Question for everyone -

Do teams prefer to have their own thread like last season, or shall we all congregate our support in the 'All Teams' thread?  We seemed to thread hop last time anyhow...at least I know I did!   ;D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 04:39:33 PM »

I think just the general threads are okay... if teams want their own thread, they can always start one or just post in their weigh-in threads.  I think it'd be easier to have fewer threads to keep up with.
~Julie

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »

I'll have to check out that article!  Thanks for sharing!