Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pandora's Box  (Read 4557 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Pandora's Box
« on: April 09, 2007, 11:23:26 PM »

Please read it... :'( I've worked super hard!

Pandora's Box

A note from the future: If you want to read more about PBox or its sequel PNecklace, there's more in my update thread.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 03:54:09 PM by nicksgal »
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Pandora's Box
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 04:41:27 PM »

It's kind of an update.... i've reworked the first chapter and the second chapter is almost finished being reworked as well...

If you're new to PBox, I hope you'll enjoy it. If you're not, you might get something out of reading it again, but you probably won't miss much if you don't.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 11:25:46 PM »

It's not another new update idea, just added number two to the list of reworked chapters...

And since it's not really new, I'll give you a preview...

"Minako’s eyes grew wide as she cupped her hand to her mouth, desperately trying not to cry, scream, or vomit. It was terrible… No, horrifying… He was a tall man. His solemn, yet happy, face seemed tired, worn, and alone. Before the rest of his facial features came into view, his crystalline blue eyes pierced through the darkness. Whatever light managed to exist in this place reflected off his fair hair. But did all of this make him a man? A few inconsistencie s with that theory existed. If he was indeed an average man, why did horns sit nestled among his fair hair? And why did his hands and feet end in claws? His whip-like tail seemed to wag in delight and the limply resting large, flesh colored wings on his back were impossible to ignore. Was he even human? She had seen them in books before, creatures of the underworld. Demons who were half-man, half-beast, and decorated in chains, beckoning the world’s misguided souls to the depths of their fiery abyss. They were composite creatures, born from the sinful souls of the misguided man. And yet, to live in this blackened abyss, was he more sinful than any mere man? Still, his demonic characteristic s were more than composite, they were almost mystical, resembling the legendary dragon. But those composite demons–minions of the fiery abyss–did not possess wings at all; wings belonged to the angels of Heaven. The strongest of all the demons, after all, was the devil called Lucifer, an angel that had fallen from Heaven for his sinful heart. And then, to further pull himself from God, he pierced his own wrists with chains to destroy his wings; he became a composite monster, the torso of a man and the hind legs and horns of a goat. Wings and chains… Minako backed away from him slowly. This terrible satanic minion probably had his way with girls like her… before he ate them for breakfast. His clawed hands fingered the lock on the door; the chains rang against the bars. His claws were like keys; the lock opened with ease. He stepped into the cage that contained the girls. Minako was not sure how many rested in this cage, but she remembered the infinite pairs of gleaming, yellow eyes that always observed her through the darkness. All of them now hid in the shadows and she was left alone. The girls had made her Saint George and chosen her to fight the dragon. Minako continued to step away from the door as the metronome within her heart kept setting its tempo even faster. The creature now stood within the prison, towering over all of its inhabitants as the giant monster who would reign above their city."

Follow the link in the first post!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:20:51 PM »

Not that's it's really an update either... But I edited the awards section and explained why there's been no updates for a while....

So yes... If you haven't read it, your support would help me write it. And if you have, many many many thanks.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 02:27:58 AM »

Bye bye writer's block.

Yes, that's right, the chapter that refused to be finished for six months is now finished and posted on AC.

Hooray! So go check it out. It's a good one. :)
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:52:42 AM »

:o    wow you weren't kidding when you said you were writing!  I think you passed your writers block over to me.  :P cause I'm stuck right now and its pissing me off.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 12:08:51 PM »

Now why would I kid about something like that? :P When you've had writer's block for six months, any writing is good writing. :D

*hug* I know you'll get unstuck soon. :)
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I included a handy "This is what's been going on in the story" post, since it's been so long since I updated. :)

It's a very brief summary that would probably only make sense if you had already been reading the story though. :D
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 08:58:07 PM »

It's not a true update, but I edited Chapter Three.

And since it's not a true update, here is an excerpt. :)

He blinked a little while his eyes adjusted to the light. He seemed in a daze; as if it were the first time he had slept so soundly in a long while. He moved his head so that his weary eyes could look into hers. Those baby blues of his were the ocean of his troubles. Every pain, suffering, longing, and wish rested in that ocean. None of these fell to the depths of the ocean, but sat on the surface. The emotions that had capsized were happiness and faith, but at least his faith began to rise to the surface once more. How was it that such heavy emotions could float on the surface of his eyes and his heart? The night before, his stare had been ice cold, but now his eyes seemed to be warmer than ice.

Was he often told his eyes looked sad and cold?

His weary eyes still blinked, as though they stared into nothingness even as he looked at her.

“I’m sorry…” Her voice dropped in her concern, “Did I wake you?”

His voice shook slightly from his weakness; “No…” He turned his head slowly, “I’ve been thinking….”

“Yes?”

“Why… were you crying for me?”

“Why?”

“Was it pity?”

Minako turned her head from him, quickly shutting her eyes.

“It’s… okay if that’s the reason…”

She turned back to him, “It was more like… I couldn’t imagine being so utterly alone… And it broke my heart…”

“Isn’t that pity…?”

She shook her head lightly, “It’s more like… empathy.”

“Is that a special kind of pity?”
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 03:05:38 AM »

NEW CHAPTER! NEW CHAPTER!!!! Go read! Go read! It's excellent! And it's the third to last one, so you know it'll be intensely good! Waaah!!!!! ;D
~*Dee*~

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 09:59:12 AM »

Yay Dee!  It sounds like you've been working really hard on this :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 10:18:37 AM »

Yesterday or in general? lol

It comes and goes in spurts, really. lmao
~*Dee*~

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 10:44:54 AM »

In general hehe
I definitely know the feeling of inspiration coming and going lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »

Well, then, since it's basically all I've worked on for about the past two and a half years, I would hope so. lol

I'm hoping my current inspired status stays for at least the next month or so... I need to finish my editing and write down those last two chapters!!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 11:39:55 PM »

Not that you'll be able to read it, but the second to last chapter is done and is burning a hole in my "PBox" folder. lol

Nine days left until the end....
~*Dee*~

Pages: [1] 2