Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do you do when you are totally uninspired?  (Read 4146 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: What do you do when you are totally uninspired?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »

LOL excellent article! If nothing else, maybe this will bring a new appreciation of how much vocal talent
BSB have.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »

I loved that review!  I think if people just got over the whole boyband image, they'd find that they actually love a lot of BSB's songs.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 02:06:38 PM »

I love that review LMAO. It just helps reconfirm that I'm not biased in my thinking. That it's true that BSB songs, melodies, and performances are just outright better.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »

That review was awesome. I'll be the first to admit I'm a total boyband lover, (with everything from NKOTB to Jonas Brothers on my iPod) but in listening to that NKOTBSB CD it's true that BSB's single choices are just a little more mature than NKOTB's. There's a reason BSB have always been my favourites and their vocal talents along with how seriously they take their craft is definitely a big part of it. It really shows through in their songs and performances, and I'm glad people are starting to take note of that.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »

I'm also a boyband lover and have BSB, NKOTB, Westlife, Take That, Blue, Five, Boyzone on my iPod, but out of all of them, BSB are the best!

Sam_noelle

• Fledgling
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 04:18:24 PM »

LMFAO at that review!  I love how even people who are objective, who aren't fans of either group, prefer the Backstreet Boys.  Just playing the NKOTBSB CD, I find that the BSB songs, which I've heard a bazillion times, sound fresh and new and wonderful in between the NKOTB songs.  They're just BETTER!  The music is better, the lyrics are better, the melodies are better, and the singing is obviously better.

And that's not the only one I've read either, there was another one where the author made the comparison with an analogy to gum. He said the New Kids songs were like Bubble Yum, where they're good for like a second and then they lose flavor, whereas the boys were like EXTRA; more sophisticated and the songs are good forever. hehe

I said that the moment the track list came out for that album, without even hearing it, the boys just had better songs in every aspect. There's still something really good about them years later, whereas the New Kids stuff just sounds dated.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »

That review was awesome. I'll be the first to admit I'm a total boyband lover, (with everything from NKOTB to Jonas Brothers on my iPod) but in listening to that NKOTBSB CD it's true that BSB's single choices are just a little more mature than NKOTB's. There's a reason BSB have always been my favourites and their vocal talents along with how seriously they take their craft is definitely a big part of it. It really shows through in their songs and performances, and I'm glad people are starting to take note of that.

I have never been a boyband lover. BSB is the only 'boyband' I like and I don't really consider them a boyband at all. Just like I don't consider Boyz to Men a boyband either.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 [2]