Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fan Fic Awards?  (Read 6495 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Fan Fic Awards?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »

I know Chaos was thinking about doing an AC fanfic awards thing but i'm not sure if that's still going to happen. I remember when awards were all over the place lol they have seemed to disappear as the boys have gone on haitus etc..

I think it's a great idea and I agree with the masses and think it should be a judged thing and also make sure you get judges who really know the category they will be judging and can be unbiased.

I like your ideas though. They all sound good. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 02:02:59 AM »

I know Chaos was thinking about doing an AC fanfic awards thing but i'm not sure if that's still going to happen. I remember when awards were all over the place lol they have seemed to disappear as the boys have gone on haitus etc..

I think it's a great idea and I agree with the masses and think it should be a judged thing and also make sure you get judges who really know the category they will be judging and can be unbiased.

I like your ideas though. They all sound good. :)

I've helped judge Fan Fic Awards before - it was fun! Even if some of the stories bored me a bit - but that just meant they didn't win - lol. And there's still Fan Fic Award sites around - they just haven't announced the winners from, like, 2005!!!!!! I'm still waiting on a bunch of them to update & the one I used to email, but she hasn't answered me in months! It's actually rather frustrating - I mean, I was nominated plenty [I had to nominate myself-haha] & yet, I've no idea if I've even won anything. *pouts* I thrive on awards - hehe. I'm always surprised when I actually do win one, as it always seems to be the same people winning over & over again with the SAME story! Though, I do like winning 3 awards in one contest....heh e.

Okay, enough of my rambling. Yes, I think it's a GREAT idea & yes I am willing to help - just - try not to give me a category that Mare's nominated it - or I may end up biased. Heh. Oh, same with Honey - lol. 'Cause I'd definitely give all the Awards possible to both of them! Lol.  ;) [Huge fan, can yah tell? Lol.]

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 08:29:31 AM »

Lenni you are too cute lol *squeezes Lenni*
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 09:49:32 PM »

Lenni you are too cute lol *squeezes Lenni*

I'm cute! I'm cute! She thinks I'm cute! *squeezes back* Lol. Waaay too much Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for me - haha!

23....am I 23?....dagnabit, I've forgotten again!.....*thinks*....Yes, I'm 23. 23 & I'm still cute - Yay! Lol.

~Lenni~

P.S. You know you're 23 when.....you forget your age & think you're 21! Hahaha!
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shrinkingviolet

• Captain of Commotion
    • distant . faces
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »

Anyone who's interested in helping me out with the fanfic awards (slated for Summer), please send me an email or PM me on here with your contact info (email addy, AIM screenname, etc.) so I can get my ducks in a row. I want to start getting things organized and get the fanfic awards page laid out and whatnot, so... Yeah (I lost my train of thought, whoops). Thanks a bunch to those who've offered to help so far, just please let me know so I'll have everyone's contact info when the time comes. :)

Josie
josie[at]distant-faces[dot]net

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »

Fan fiction awards sounds great. I don't have my own computer, which sucks because I would really like to help... but I'll participate in nominations and voting and such! However it's going to go. ;)

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 02:46:16 AM »

Sweetness!!!!!!

Oye. Now I wanna do something & entitle it 'Happily Never After' - lmao!

~Lenni~

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 10:30:24 PM »

You need to find your muuuuuuuuuuuuu uuse.

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 10:50:41 PM »

*searches computer desk for it* Oh, muse.....where'd you go???

~Lenni~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 11:06:19 PM »

Just bumping this up to remind people they were interested in this idea while ago but we still haven't gotten a whole lot of nominations lol so please get to nominating :)

Thanks bunches!!

and don't forget you need to include URLs or your nominations will not count. EMail addresses don't really matter but URLs do. Moi importante.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 11:08:45 PM »

well, we are a lazy bunch  :D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 11:09:40 PM »

^ yes! I think we have safely established that by now lol I was just too lazy to hit the quote key!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:33:51 PM by mare »

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »

ok, I feel bad now... Mare's right people. We asked for it, now get nominating!

>:(

^ that's my scary face.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 11:34:12 PM »

use the poking stick smiley maybe that will work lol

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 11:38:53 PM »

aww, I don't have a cool poking stick. I think that's the lone privilege of the queen, so scary face will have to do.  But I can do it lots of times in a row, maybe that will help?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3