Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What Not To Eat  (Read 1094 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: What Not To Eat
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 08:28:07 AM »

lol thanks guys :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »

Got another one to add to the list...

Chicken strip basket at Dairy Queen!

I was over at my parents' house on Wednesday while they were babysitting my nephew, and by the time he left, it was getting late and no one eaten, so my mom offered to run to DQ and pick up dinner.  I got the 4 piece chicken strip basket, which is my usual there.  I hadn't eaten all day, so I knew I had plenty of calories saved up and didn't even think twice about it.

I got home, entered it on LoseIt, and about puked when I saw the calorie total...

1,340 calories!!!

That's for 4 chicken strips (with gravy... ew...), fries, and a soggy piece of "Texas toast."  Yuck!!!  Never again!  If I'm gonna ruin my whole day on DQ, I'd rather do it with a Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 09:37:52 PM »

- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 05:38:11 AM »

We don't have that food place here, but that does sound like a lot of calories for what it is!

colorguard_diva

• Major Disruption
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »

A great set of books is Eat This Not That. It gives you the best and worse choices at restaurants and when grocery shopping. You can even follow it on Twitter.

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:38 PM »

Another good one is Hungry Girl, http://www.hungry-girl.com/ She has a news letter that comes out every day plus a few books like 300 under 300 or 200 under 200. It's #of recipes under calories. The newsletter goes out once a day I believe.

Eat This Not That also has a newsletter. Can you tell I dont want to buy the books for either of these just yet? It's through Mens Health magazine and goes out once a day. http://eatthis.menshealth.com/home
Find me @ drivebylove, ac
Pages: 1 [2]