Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What Not To Eat  (Read 1095 times)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
What Not To Eat
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:35:29 AM »

I count every single calorie I put into my body...and I am often shocked if I grab a bite of something and find out it has a gazillion calories for something that was totally not worth it.

Case in point, we usually get donuts for the kids on Saturday mornings.  I just grabbed a chocolate donut hole and popped it in my mouth.  It has 52 calories!!!  In one little donut hole!!!. Good thing I'm going to boot camp this morning!

Has this happened to you guys?  If so, what are some examples of things like this we shouldn't eat?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: What Not To Eat
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »

The week after school got out, I took a week-long workshop for professional development.  The class went all day, with an hour lunch break, so a group of us went out to eat every day that week.  Diet or not, I'm not someone who will just order a salad at a restaurant, unless I want a salad, so I got whatever I wanted, but tried to make slightly better choices if I could - like maybe a side salad instead of fries, or a smaller size than I'd normally get.

So one day, we went to Taco Bell for lunch.  I hadn't had Taco Bell since starting this diet because I had gone through the calories of my favorite meals at all the fast food restaurants I used to eat at, to see which places were best and which were worst.  Taco Bell was among the worst, so I just avoided it.  Knowing that, I didn't get my usual #5 Nachos Bel Grande and Taco Supreme meal; instead, I got two plain tacos and the cheesy nachos, which are just chips and cheese, without all the meat and sour cream and stuff that jacks up the calories on the other kind.  I was feeling good about that, but then we got done, and everyone was like, "I'm still hungry... I want dessert," so we went across the street to A&W to get ice cream LOL.

I could have and SHOULD have made the choice not to get anything, but ice cream is my weakness.  I ordered a Reese's Polar Swirl, their version of a Blizzard, and it was delightful.  I don't think I've had a Blizzard since 2010 either.

So I got home and started entering this stuff on LoseIt, and I was pleased to see that the Taco Bell meal was only 600 some calories instead of the almost 1000 my usual would have been.  I was feeling proud of myself for making better choices, and then I remembered the ice cream.  Looked it up on LoseIt...

740 CALORIES!

That one little ice cream treat, which was like a small size Blizzard, was more calories than my whole meal at Taco Bell!

Ice cream is the worst, I've found.  You'd be appalled at the number of calories in a milkshake at a restaurant.  And just eating it out of the carton... a serving is only half a cup, which is SMALL!  You eat more than that, and it adds up quickly.  I don't know anyone who only scoops out a half cup of ice cream.  I don't buy half-gallons or even pints of ice cream anymore because I have no self-control.  Instead, I buy Skinny Cow truffle ice cream bars, which are only 100 calories and enough to satisfy the craving.  I'll definitely have to post those on the bulletin board thread; they're great!  
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »

I know what you mean!!!  Blizzard now has a mini size, which gives you a teeny tiny bit!  I buy 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches and blue bell light...I put the one scoop on a cone so it feels like more!  We also have tons of frozen yogurt places that we will do, but I really have to be careful with toppings!

I love the nacho bell grande too...and chili cheese burritos from taco bell but I usually order two fresco soft tacos instead...have you tried them?  Basically, the sub picodegallo for cheese.  They are pretty good.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »

I haven't tried the fresco tacos; I'm not a fan of all the veggies they put on them (I hate tomatoes!), and I would miss my cheese.  My whole theory on fast food and restaurants in general is that as long as I don't eat out very often, I'm gonna get what I want when I do and save the "dieting" for the rest of the time.  It's just about moderation and making those splurges a special treat rather than an everyday thing.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 04:37:50 PM »

Being that I work at taco bell....we don't get people ordering the fresco stuff often at my store. I do notice that people are getting pickier with what they want on stuff lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 04:42:44 PM »

You guys are making me crave Taco Bell now lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

rachel21

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »

No offense but Taco Bell is the worst food ever. LOL I honestly don't know how people can eat that stuff. I used to eat their regular tacos and then I found out what goes in them and never again.  :D

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »

We don't have taco bell so I've never had it but I don't think I would like it! :/

They probably have it in the city but if I'm going all the way in there I would sooner go to a Mexican restaurant I think lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 05:46:47 AM »

We don't have Taco Bell here either.

I agree with you Julie.  If you're going out to eat, then have something you want and save the dieting for the rest of the time.  I don't eat out that much, but when I do, I don't want to order salad, lol.  Eating out is a treat!  Shocking about the ice cream though, good thing I don't eat much of the stuff, very rarely.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »

Chick-fil-A coleslaw.  Usually deli coleslaw is around 170 calories for 1/2 cup. Chick-fil-A's coleslaw is somewhere around 360. Let me tell you THAT ruined my calories the day I had a craving for that side along with my nuggets and fries!!

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »

Rachel, I had to lol. There is nothing bad in the food...I have eaten it even before I worked there...but you are entitled to an opinion...I just found it funny. In my opinion Mc Donalds is the most unhealthy fast food chain.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 08:51:25 PM »

That is crazy about the chickfila coleslaw, especially cconsidering the chicken sandwich only has like 420 calories or something.  I don't eat out often bc it's so hard to tell with some places, it's easier to keep track of what calories you are consuming when you prepare food yourself!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »

You guys will be proud of me, I walked by Taco Bell and thought about how I'd been craving it. I almost went in until I remembered the title of the thread was "What Not To Eat" and abstained, lol.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 12:02:29 AM »

Yay Steph! LOL
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder